October 2018 Release - General Feedback

That’s not how we do things. There’s no voting, and there’s no reason to do voting because most of what we do has nothing to do with supporting or opposing proposed changes. But, as noted in the blog post we wrote, everybody unanimously supported these changes.

That includes a high sec guy, a low sec guy, and a bunch of null sec guys on opposite sides of the nullsec political aisle.

So all these people didn’t know how to fit a counter for ECM?

No wonder we got unload without docking :roll_eyes:

You show me a counter to ECM that works every time.

Oh you want a perfect 100% counter?

Try WoW

That is not a goal and never was.

Min maxers just didn’t fit it, that is all. That is fine, but if you get hit by ECM don’t blame ECM, you decided to take the risk when you undocked.

Also if the counter was broken why not just make it work 100% of the time??

Answer is most of you didn’t even know it existed.

1 Like

Yeah, because Suitonia - the guy who has forgotten more about EVE modules than either you or I have ever learned - had no idea what the counter to ECM was.

Come on, man. I get you don’t like the changes, but be real for a minute.

1 Like

He does play WOW. Every single time him or his go carrier ratting or rorq mining under a cap umbrella. Its the same thing.

On a side note, there are so many different things that could have been done its not even funny. You have to brain dead to have not seen them and be unable to add 2 + 2.

Haven’t played WOW in six months. Haven’t gone carrier ratting or Rorq mining in at least a year.

this kind of explains a lot. thank you. keep posting brisc, you spare me some trouble, even if just occasionally, and by accident! :wink:

I think you’ve been listening to your own press far too long Brisc.

Actions speak louder than CSM words, you guys ARE ALL TALK because the changes you advocate are bullsh#t changes that keep crabbing safer and the ones you should advocate are only talked about. The evidence is there for all to see.

I hope that CCP scraps the CSM entirely (clearly not working to represent the player base) and replaces it with focus groups.

At least we wouldnt have to put up with the only CSM/CCP person responding doing so with ridicule and contempt for those that disagree with him. ‘Everyone i talk to thinks as I do’ - what a load of crap.

1 Like

If we were all talk, nothing would get done. Obviously we’re more than “all talk” because things are getting done. That’s the opposite of being all talk.

I’m not responding to most people here with ridicule and contempt. I’ve been here, mostly civil, while you and others have crapped on me, questioned my motives, questioned my intelligence, questioned whether I have an agenda, questioned whether I even play the game, accused me of only caring about nullsec/goons/miners/ratters/etc, of not listening, and a variety of other things - about the only thing you guys haven’t said is that I killed Kennedy.

Still here, still reading the feedback, still interacting, still passing it on.

Everyone I talk to doesn’t think as I do, by the way - I am passing on what they think to you when I say that. As I noted before, I don’t particularly care one way or the other on this change. I think its a good change for the game, but it wasn’t my idea and not something I campaigned on, so it’s not like the change truly matters to me, unlike the FAX changes or war decs.

But hey, you’re entitled to your opinion.

2 Likes

not to mention you’ve had your personal character attacked as well. coughsalvoscough

And my athletic ability.

I’ll give you credit for showing up, and your performance on this thread is far better and more respectful than the one that the CSM and CCP should have listened to. But as i have already said its all talk.

You arent listening to the right people. Obviously.

I question the motives of the CSM because their actions only represent 0.0 block groups. Obviously.

The things that are ‘getting done’ are getting done poorly (ECM nerf without balance or real thought, killing an entire line of ships) and they are the wrong things. Obviously.

Vague notions of ‘passing on feedback’ is just bollocks man. Obviously. There was a massive thread FULL of criticism and ideas about this balance pass. What did CCP respond to? The WH rolling mechanic, nothing else.

Respect is earned, act accordingly.

That’s why we made fixing war decs the #1 issue we wanted to see addressed?

Then blame CCP for that - we can only advocate on the changes. We don’t decide what the changes will be.

To be fair, the WH changes needed to be fixed because that was completely screwing those guys and they were promised that they wouldn’t be screwed. Nobody has promised no ECM changes ever.

But CCP haven’t fixed war decs, they ‘fixed’ ECM out of usability instead.

Of all the things discussed at the CSM why were the only things the CSM advocated for adopted by CCP things that benefit 0.0 shills?

You guys talk about high sec war decs, player retention, faction war, WHs, low sec, capital proliferation, rorquals and yet all that talk leads to… drumroll please. Benefits for 0.0 crabbing!!!

You see the point being made by me and lots of other players?

You are a CSM member, you aren’t supposed to be responding to anyone with ridicule or contempt. This is why I said your conduct is unprofessional.

I have no beef about the ECM changes or anything in the CSM minutes . I am saying that IMO You are proving that you are not cut out for the position. You should have asked yourself if you have the proper temperament for it before putting yourself forward as a candidate.

maybe its just me, but I haven’t seen him really doing that. Which to be honest he’s been ridiculed and basically had every personal aspect of him attacked by the people on here.

What is the professional way for CSM to respond to highly critical or disparaging posts? Not to say anything back? Wouldn’t that lead to more criticism that the CSM doesn’t respond to critical posts?

1 Like

Responding is fine, ridiculing a poster by asking him for his stuff is beneath what he should be doing, let alone making jokes about people’s real life political beliefs.

When you accept a position of responsibility (even one representing nerds in a spaceship video game), you shouldn’t do things like that. After his time on the CSM is up, then it’s whatever, but he just doesn’t have to temperament and it shows.

1 Like

Are you referring to this post? Brisc didn’t ask for that player’s stuff in his reply, the “stuff” was offered. (Albeit in the context of a post saying “I quit in disgust at changes affecting WH”.)