[October] Titan tweaks

Dying

done :stuck_out_tongue:

Imperium pets talking about no balls, give me a break dude.

These are good changes that reflect issues we saw during the UALX and the two X47 fights…

Still hoping for more balance changes in the future to make Titans a little less tanky.

1 Like

Wow. You guys are actually fixing the things the players want fixed. Good work.

1 Like

You mean, making faxes less effective.

I don’t think its an issues of Titans being too tanky. Maybe a targeted DD buff would help but I think titan ehp is okay where it’s at

1 Like

why do you think titan ehp is good where it is at?

you trigger me dude calling init a pet.

Just add Polarized effect to DD, at least then these titan fights will have a lot more losses when they smash into each other.

2 Likes

That too.

Great change. Nice work CCP!

So do we get the titan skills to level 5 and the rapid ancillary doomsday firing skill too?

I will yolo all titans I get for that.

I like these changes CCP. Makes sense. Lets take small steps, before we take big steps. Regarding the doomsday, yes, I like that too.

Looks like fair and thought out change to me, I assume the 5min timer will run in real time as the present 1min one does when there is tidi?
Thanks CCp

Interesting approach.

Doesn’t that just delay the effects a few minutes into the future? Shouldn’t you fix the tether code and improve its performance. Judging by this mitigation approach, tethering itself is the issue for a lot of server performance and that’s where you should put some programming and investigation effort.

NOT
ENOUGH.

Hi Rivr. Sorry for the confusion, I should have been clearer that only the first change (to titan death AoE) is being made for performance reasons. The change blocking tethering for 5 minutes after a doomsday is being made purely for balance reasons (to increase the enforced risk to a titan pilot using their doomsday).
Dealing damage to ships has a much larger server performance impact than tethering does.

The problem isn’t with Titans and Supers being too tanky, the problem is that they were designed to be a skill intensive train, expensive to build and rare. Now pretty much every man and his dog can own one if your pockets are deep enough, and when a char can be skilled to fly one from inception in approximately 45 days with skill injection, definitely broken

5 Likes

Highsec mission runner talking about breaks, gimme 2schnitzel and a pils pls.

2 Likes