[October] Titan tweaks

Why would they ever remove haw titans? That’s like saying let’s remove rlml/rhml.

No.

This is the medical equivalent of a surgeon asking a nurse to get some gauze and clear some blood whilst the surgeon carries on with his multi hour operation.

Amazingly enough games companies can tackle multiple problems at the same time, but here the bit that might blow your mind… some take far longer to complete then others! :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

1 Like

also why not change capital guns range reduce maximum 150 k . such as capital beam laser rail. projectiles and missile

the change doesn’t affect driveby though, since the titans don’t tether anywhere after doing a driveby.
they would still warp around the system as they do now, before they can cloak/jump out

Perhaps the dumbest thing I’ve ever seen anybody say.

1 Like

Why, yes, how dare my titan be vulnerable? It stands as proof of my ability to grind for ISK 10 years ago, and no plebian should be able to wrest it from me!

1 Like

Then you need to come check out the dude running for CSM over in the CSM forums.

5 Likes

Yes good changes do it

Nice changes that are being applied. Also as a thought of increasing the alpha on the old school DD?

Yes 2 both. We should’ve had 20 more titan kills against nc on that armor timer but they just kept docking.

Love this!

From a design standpoint, was the AoE damage from a titan death intended to be a last strike against hostiles, or as an additional cost for fielding a titan?

It was just a neat little thematic bit. The damage it does has such a high sig resolution that it does a pretty poor job of actually hurting anything, especially the small ships that one would imagine that a large explosion would harm the most.

Agree, the Area of Effect damage when a Titan dies should vaporize the little ships around it… but the actual explosion should take a little while to give them time to bail out.

CCP: how about we just remove all that instead?

Sure, but it was a neat little detail that could be talked about when trying to sell others (nonplayers) on the complexity and detail of EVE.

1 Like

You say that like… like if you didn’t say it… like it needs justification. I’m worried. I hope you get enough sleep. This is a good and appropriate change regardless of the why.

Change makes total sense but can we PLEASE get a debuff indicator for cloak / jump reactivation after DD as with rapid DD five the DD refire is not the same as cloak debuff which makes for some brown pants while your bouncing safes and being probed :wink:

3 Likes

Nah man, we should finally give titans the covert ops cloak they deserve. Begone with titan killmails!

Dictors need to be nerfed by not allowing any interdiction of ships. Doesn’t make sense that a hic stops a subcapital from tethering because reasons.

Great. I have nothing to do with my pitchfork. Thanks CCP.

I remember when an avatar could fit a covops cloak with a full low rack of Estamel’s Co-Procs. That sh it got nerfed hard almost instantly.

1 Like

Delete titans and i’ll subscribe to this game again

3 Likes