Off-Topic Thread vol. 2

Do you know, for example, that Tibus Heth himself was born in the Federation. Yet, he proven himself to be rather Caldari, escaping the Federation and fighting them as all of us should.

On the other hand, for those who choose to stay there voluntarily, I wouldn’t apply name Caldari at all. There is no Caldari bloodline. There is no Caldari race. Only Caldari State.

This scum whom I won’t even call people - they betrayed their culture, they betrayed their ancestors, they betrayed logic and reason, they are weakling, who fell for gallente brainwashing or for gallente coercion to become their pets.

Ex-Caldari who voluntarily stick to Federation is a filth that is more stinkier than Gurista!!

Storm Wind is always a trickster. When Storm Wind speaks, all too often she speaks through pride and anger. We think Storm Wind is strong, for in the thunder and rain we can no longer hear other voices speak to us. In such moments, some might think Storm Wind is the strongest of all, and she is indeed mighty, but the storm is always fleeting. When the sun breaks through the clouds, Cold Wind is always there, just as Cold Wind has always been there, ready to chastise those who listened too much to Storm Wind for being lead down wrong paths by the sounds of thunder.

Sometimes it is correct to listen to Storm Wind, when anger is justified, or when battle calls to give strength to our hearts, and resolve to our will, but we must never forget her trickster nature – she always mocks those who mistake being loud as being strong.

I think in our treatment of those Caldari in the Federation we must not forget, all those who still listen to Cold Wind are Caldari. We do not know the Maker’s will, unless it is through The Way of our people and ancestors. If Caldari in the Federation still listen to the Winds, then we should not let our anger and pride become arrogance that only we in the State still follow the Maker’s will.

4 Likes

This is for that.

1 Like

I feel I should answer more fully the difference in conceptions of Caldari between that of the State and those still in the Federation:

It is a matter of historical record that the Gallente imperialists through their “Cultural Deliverance Society” sought a systematic divide and conquer strategy through regime change on Caldari. At the time, this was possible because the Homeworld was a divided planet with different ethnic houses and nation-states which could not respond effectively to the Gallente program of subversion, propaganda, and socioeconomic liberalisation.

Learning from history, the Caldari conception of culture is that which emphasizes the strength of unity without ethnic divisions dividing the collective will of the corporation and State. Anyone can be Caldari in the State so long as they display their willingness to abide by the traditions of duty, honour, and discipline through their work for a Caldari corporation despite their ethnic origins. Ethnic tradition is important, but not as important as being Caldari – one people, one State.

Those Caldari in the Federation usually have a different conception. They are Caldari who can be called such only because they trace descent from the Homeworld and while yes, they are often more observant of ethnic traditions, they are different to what being Caldari in the State means: the strength of unity.

Providing the redirect here, just in case. :wink:

2 Likes

I wonder if the RJD will consider adding PIE to that list…

It seemed to me that a distinct number of those in PIE were appalled by the actions of House Sarum - in fact, Dame Elkin and Lord Newelle both signed and penned petitions highlughting their concerns.

May I take this time to celebrate Dame Elkin who, presumably, held true to her principles and highlight Lord Newelle who, apparently, sold out his.

It is a shame that, when it comes to the choice between comfort and correctness; between wealth and will; between what is right and what is righteous; that the road most trodden by prominent Amarrians is the one paved in gold.

2 Likes

Quite the contrary. I have kept to my word to my vows to my wife and her liege, and will continue to trust in Lord Arrach Sarum’s judgement on what path is best going forward.

Elkin has done something else.

1 Like

Sometimes I wonder if your wife keeps slaves for the sole purpose of cucking you…

1 Like

You mean come to her senses?

Ah, adorable.

She has those?

Apparently she does. I understand how foreign a concept that might be to those without however. I’ll let some one better at explaining (and has more patience) explain it to you.

Drinking, nakedness, spending habits and other such key military decisions discovered at the tavern.

St. Tetrimon troops big drinkers? Pfft, I doubt we’ll find a corroborating source on that.

5 Likes

If the rumors are wrong, then I’ll retract my words and give my apology for assuming.

But I expect better journalism than that. And this cluster has a habit of the worst possibilities always being the true ones.

What have I said about expecting better? A great way to find out people don’t meet your expectations.

2 Likes

Note the lack of denial…

1 Like

He would need permission from his wife before he could.

1 Like

Like Arrach Sarum, for example.

It’s worth reminding everyone this is the same publication that quoted an anonymous source as saying my Grandfather was poisoned, despite extensive evidence to the contrary.

I’m still looking at options for dealing with that particular piece of salacious rumour mongering, and I hold very low stock in the efficacy of their ‘reporting’ from that. The Gutter Press level of further quotes only serves to strengthen my suspicions.

2 Likes

It is not Gutter Press that is the source of these… things.

I would suggest it is more of the calibre of “journalism” that one could expect from the Ves-Sefris Informer, you know, the one that pegs itself as the “truthful Kingdom news”.

1 Like