Off-Topic Thread vol. 2

I’m near on thirty-six hours without sleep, and even with clonejumping And copious amounts of caffeine, it is starting to catch up with me.

Legal proceedings to overturn a decision and/or to bring to light corrupted officers does not mean denying the legal authority of the body that made those decisions or included that corrupt officer in its ranks.

By stoking those procedures as a civil war between RJD and RSS, both parties sworn to serve the same coalition of free tribes, Bosena Accords did great harm to the region and pushed Skarkon over the brink of restlessness into open warfare. It was a blunder only an outsider without the grasp of nuance in such things could have done, and had it not lead to so much death and destruction it would serve as a fine comedy of manners.

Not public knowledge these days, but I am +9.5 RSS in the official records myself, still. Does it put me in their good books after the coup, after the Gultratren Conspiracy? No, it does not. Did it make them happy that I interfered in the Sundsele Six case and fueled the riots in Amo when the case was handled poorly? Absolutely not.

Did the old connection help me deal with them when it turned out I had started something I did not wish to finish and caused more people to become targets in a war they could not win and we cannot afford to fight? Yes, it did.

Could have. Didn’t.

1 Like

I would like to put forward it was not stoked as such for the purposes, and much of the view of that was retroactive to well After Skarkon had already entered open warfare, but I can understand where you are coming from here. That is one blunder I am still severely miffed at Warden Eskola-Fae for trying to perpetuate when there already were many reasons the Accords and UNF had been in the system for months.

I think it best I finally get some sleep, so I can respond more appropriately and address your points more thoroughly later

Yep. That is true. Don’t think anyone’s disputing that.

Also true. Such is life. Things get complicated, and the terrain shifts. Did that suck for you guys? Yup. Does it matter? Not really.

And? This is another ‘yep, it sucks, but that’s life, you gotta deal with it’.

[The long bit.]

Also all accurate. Also all irrelevant. You claimed the guy might well start declaring RJD investigators to be traitors, which kind of implies he’d then take action against them. That’s what I’m warning you off from, here.

Y’think? At this point, I’m pretty curious who’s got Galm bound and gagged and locked in a supply shed, that he hasn’t started his own spree of ranting over this.

His wife, probably. After I gave him a good knock upside the head for good measure.

As for claiming Efrit could, and would declare RJD agents traitors for investigating, I do recognize that was a might bit too far on my part, but considering he’s already claimed me and my own people as ‘illegal slavers’ despite clear evidence to the contrary, I do think the man has long lost his marbles.

1 Like

I wish I could like this a dozen more times.

3 Likes

You are a master, but i do not grant you a seat on this council.

1 Like

That isn’t fair.

Good! Use your aggressive feelings, boy.

Let the hate flow through you.

2 Likes

That sounds like a pretty dark path.

Oh, yeah?
Are you sure?
And what if I bring a whip?

1 Like

Stars, why are you such a pervert?

1 Like

I don’t know!

Please …
… do tell … :slight_smile:

1 Like

Please don’t. At least not in a public forum…

1 Like

A lot went wrong. Top to bottom, though, it absolutely comes down to ‘stupid’. The Caldari Navy took the worst of it, but all four empires were absolute idiots in their anti-invasion forces. And EDENCOM (the official arm of CONCORD, not EDI) was even stupider for letting them be that stupid.

The Amarr made a big deal (after totality, I’ll note) about having to put one of their capital groups in for repairs, but really, other than that press release, there’s no sign of significant capital usage. But let’s set that aside for now.

Did anyone see any advanced hulls among the EDENCOM forces? Did the Imperial Navy’s detachment field any Damnations? Zealots? Guardians? Did the Republic put even a single Muninn or Huginn into the fight? Were there Rooks and Eagles and Cerbs, or just Blackbirds, Moas, and Caracals?

I know what I saw in those systems, and it wasn’t the kind of top-of-the-line ship deployment I’d expect from literally the four wealthiest powers in the cluster. Facing invasion from an enemy with advanced technology, hell-bent on taking control of entire star systems full of citizens, not one of the navies saw fit to unleash their naval capsuleers in T2 hulls. A single Caldari Navy group of 30 Eagles with Basilisk support could have shredded anything the Trigs, the Kybers, or Nullsec was using in those systems. But we didn’t see one. We didn’t see anything other than bog-standard, lowest-common-denominator, ‘this crap wouldn’t even pass muster patrolling the Jita/Perimeter gate’ deployments. From anyone.

Yeah. Stupidity. S’a good word for it. Or ‘incompetence’. Maybe ‘gross negligence’, but that’s 2 words.

5 Likes

Kinda’ like the empires just kinda threw whatever was laying around at the problem and said “That should be enough to convince the freelance Capsuleers we tried.”

To be fair those are now patrolled by Caldari capsuleers pro bono, whenever trigs show up. Make of that what you will.

Yes.

Yes.

EDENCOM flagged navy ships used a fair array of advanced hulls, actually. The State deployed Basilisk support to their fleets. Just as Scimitar, Oneiros, and Guardian support were deployed by the other respective navies. Advanced ships were present in the overwhelming majority of EDENCOM fleets.

State Navy Basilisk kill reports.

Same for Republic Fleet Huginn

Imperial Navy Zealot.

Federal Navy Lachesis

Various advanced ships were indeed deployed.

On another note:

Pretty sure that discussion started in about as disgusting a manner as a conversation can start. Wasn’t many places it could go that wouldn’t continue to be disgusting.

1 Like

Yeah, fair enough. That’s usually expected of Nauplius.

People need to stop responding to him in any ways that don’t involve shooting at him.

5 Likes