Off-Topic Thread vol. 2

I was expecting the punchline to be more along the lines of how the State doesn’t take prisoners or something along those lines. Or as some segue into another diatribe about conditions in Federal POW facilities. And this is why the Gallente Federation must be destroyed.

1 Like

Should Imperial forbearance fail, you correctly identify the organs of Holy Amarr most apt to resolve the wider rebellion, however the trappings of nobility assumed by Shakor and his cadre could justify Theology Council jurisdiction.

It is interesting to note that despite his repugnant rhetoric; Shakor has remained more interested in killing or intimidating domestic threats to his criminal enterprise than making good upon that rhetoric.

I see no reason not to let him be about it for a generation or two.

While you do have a point, with you being signed in my book as a person with outright hostile and irrational aggressive stance, committed criminal offenses (slander in public communications) and suspected in sympaties towards gallentes (based on your hostile stance towards Caldari), I am not accepting this point until someone with merit would confirm that.

Could it be that you with Mr. Nauplius are secretly engaged?

Intentional damage of assets, would it be material or human resources that could be otherwise repossessed, is a shameful unprofitable activity.

You do not, it is difficult to overstate your reliance upon the Federation for protection; furnishing a rebellion with the appurtenances of a nation was important in solidifying if not constructing support among the Gallente subject governments for extending such protection at escalatory risk the wider Federation.

You have been doing so for many years, and have been perhaps more reckless in the assertion of power than any other signatory in recent decades; what your successive rulers have been shrewd enough to grasp is that the position and power you speak of are factors of population, resources and industry, not only their peacetime scale but how effectively they can be mobilized and how resilient they are against inevitable disruption.

Faced with certain inescapable military fundamentals, whatever form and moniker are attached to them, Minmatar governments despite some incautious tendencies have managed escalation risks well (or were fortunate), and in the current incarnation have been successful in exchanging political support both in multilateral organisations and popular support via the large Minmatar population within the Federal borders, for concessions which significantly undermined the modus vivendi established between Gallente and Amarr during the reign of Heideran VII.

Yun is doing precisely what he means to, with about as much success as one familiar with the key players might expect; the Shakorite regime could not survive a sincere peace, your Republic could not survive an open war— while those truths endure, any ambassador will walk the same brink, to be combative enough that the Brutor and Krusual don’t eat them, but not so much as to either wholly alienate the Gallente or start a war in earnest.

1 Like

You know someone’s saying something dumb when I’m agreeing with Saronu…

HERETIC!!!

Sorry, couldn’t resist.

Have you considered the Hobby of Arguing about the interpretation of the Rules of Sport ?

This seems to be an Activity that occupies a Great Deal of citizen’s otherwise unused Time. At least on Kaztropol, with Tens of Thousands of Messages on Discussion media every Hour. I Assume it is Fun, since why would the Citizens expend so much Effort if it was Not Fun ?

1 Like

I said free time, not dead brain cells. :stuck_out_tongue:

Considering the quality of your posting, I’ll be surprised if you have at least one healthy neuron left.

And around and around and around we go.

1 Like

While this might be true of the Gallente—and I can find easy context to dispute that, too—I would have to say you are wrong, otherwise.

What a round-about way to say “■■■■ off”.

Very well, then.

My apologies. I did not mean to cause offense.

I know.

The worst insults from the Amarr are always the ones that are not intended. 3rd-rate holovid ‘silence subhuman’ maniacs are so much easier to dismiss than the polite airs of superiority.

Eh, she’s just trying to avoid the fighting that always seems to happen… That’s what this thread’s for, after all: to take the spillover and tangential conversations.

Well, eh? Where did you think I’d ■■■■ off to from her thread?

Perhaps not, but you assumed knowlege you definitely did not have. Speaking from ignorance to take credit (on behalf of your culture) for things you and yours had no hand in, and actively tried to destroy, is… let’s call it a form of passively obnoxious arrogance.

And part of the reason it’s so obnoxious is that it’s never meant to cause offense. It’s just assumed to be correct, and therefore, why would anyone be offended? Of course it’s fine.

Seek the truth from the source, rather than accepting ‘common wisdom’. I promise, most of it won’t be found in those scriptures of yours.

I mean, there could have been a ‘discussing why you’re wrong about that’ thread created, I suppose. But mostly, I expected it to come up at the weekly ‘Seb Sisters Plot The Overthrow Of [Insert Name]’ meeting. Which we… lemme check my notes… yeah. Which we totally don’t have. See? Right here, in the minutes from last week:

See? I mean, all the paperwork’s in order. You can’t argue with the bureaucracy!

1 Like

You keep that up and someone might actually take you seriously.

Don’t say I didn’t warn you.

Let 'em! They ain’t the only people who know how to use notepads!

Will you sponsor a prize? I don’t care if its prose or poetry or even salacious gossip/news but seems like its better suited not as its own category but the best of the work of its type regardless of category.

1 Like