Off-Topic Thread vol. 2

Yeah, sure, why not.

Yes, actually.

I am patient and I have faith in my liege. Imperial politics is a complicated realm. Lord Arrach Sarum has both the savvy to navigate and the resolve to do what must be done to help the Empire.

I have never pretended the Empire is perfect. I never shall. But fixing its problems is an incredibly difficult task if you do not have the status and respect needed to enact change. Lord Arrach Sarum does. Thus, I serve him to help fix one of the most pressing issues that faces the Empire now: corruption.

And by God I will see this through.

1 Like

You told me once that you do what you do to protect people from the worse alternative.

I donā€™t see that working.

1 Like

Thats because heā€™s become the worse alternative.

1 Like

This is necessary to finally force CONCORD to enforce its primary directive as peackeeper between the Big Four. It has been failing miserably at that and only by bringing us to the brink will we finally shore up the cracks and functionally unite so we may defend ourselves against the Triglavians and our various internal threats. The only question now is wheather that lesson is learned before or after your planet is a smouldering ruin. I pray it is before.

1 Like

This level of naivety is almost pitiable. Concord is incapable of doing anything so long as the Inner circle remains deadlocked, and there are no indications that it will change.

Stop hoping that some one else will come in and clean up your mess. Take the cues from your betters and own up the realities of this war. Your a ā€˜lordā€™ arent you? ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā–  act like it.

You are right.

I suppose I must try harder to make the Republicā€™s position untenable.

1 Like

And we will do the same, Newelle.

See you in hell.

"The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, but expecting different results.ā€

1 Like

Nothing ventured, nothing gained.

1 Like

Oh, please. Donā€™t pretend that this was, for even one moment, about forcing CONCORD to reform and do its job. That could have been begun by the Amarr representative doing his job and raising these issues in council with the others, and then making public statements to that effect.

This was about Arrach Sarumā€™s bruised ego when he learned eggers in ā€œhisā€ territory were conspiring with the enemy, and his need to save face. As a result, the Empireā€™s been outed as a nation that uses anti-matter weapons on civilian populations, and doesnā€™t even try to deny it. So good job, Lord Sarum, youā€™ve proven all our points about the Empire.

And that, Lord Consort, is what youā€™re fighting to support: Arrach Sarumā€™s right to lob anti-matter weapons at fishing villages with significant populations of the faithful.

1 Like

War is a cruel thing. Better that cruelty be in your home than mine.

If this war never ended then there is no reason to hold back.

1 Like

Which has absolutely nothing to do with the claims that this was all about forcing CONCORD reforms.

1 Like

I am not making claims on Lord Sarumā€™s intentions. I am only anticipating what I believe are the most likely results, as the alternatives are unthinkably terrible for all parties.

Frankly, it does not matter what my lordā€™s intent was; I have my orders and I will execute them. That is all I require. I do so because he has earned my loyalty, aside from simple obligation.

2 Likes

It does when youā€™re making grand claims about how all this was ā€œnecessary to finally force CONCORD to enforce its primary directive as peackeeper between the Big Fourā€. Walk it back all you like, but that right there is a statement about intent, and the purpose behind the willful murder of civilians by Amarr forces.

About my intent, perhaps.

As for ā€˜civiliansā€™, perhaps they should not take up arms if they wish to keep that status under Amarr military law.

1 Like

So thereā€™s a small fishing village on the southern continent. The Amarr held control of that continent until Republic forces came in from other locations on the planet.

Thatā€™s not a local uprising. Thatā€™s not the civilians taking up arms. But thatā€™s who your submarine-fired AM warhead was aimed at.

1 Like

Are you even the slightest bit aware of what happened there?

1 Like

Thereā€™s not really anything to justify the usage of AM weaponry in a planetary environment.

I am as aware of what happened there as you are. Yes, I am well aware that someone who stands to be charged with war crimes if he shot an anti-matter warhead at civilians claims he didnā€™t shoot an anti-matter warhead at civilians. And Iā€™m well aware that he claims it was an entirely militarized location and that all of the locals had ā€˜fled or been massacredā€™.

I simply see no reason to believe him. Why should I? Heā€™s hardly an unbiased source of information. ā€œTrust me, I totally swear I didnā€™t do anything that would get me in troubleā€ā€¦ itā€™s just not a statement someone should ever take on faith.

And if you try to claim you have any more information than the Scope reports contain, youā€™re as much of a liar as the pissy little madman who ordered the strike.

1 Like