Off-Topic Thread vol. 2

Please don’t.

3 Likes

Blue and Silver; the claim is nonsense, but you may as well be correct in detail.

The claim is wrong and the color don’t match but somehow you still know who I am talking about.

Made often enough the claim itself becomes familiar, though I appear to have been demoted; Pirate Queen when last you broke it out.

What you showed mostly is that you didn’t understand what was before you. And you didn’t bother to ask, or to explore. You just acted.

It seems you still don’t understand at all. Or else you just don’t care.

You didn’t lift a thing. You freed it, not him-- the curse, not the man.

How does a duel prove who is a liar and who isn’t? I mean I do know the saying “The victor writes history”, but I feel this is a little silly given the loser could technically just reclone.

Saronu is too dark haired and conservatively dressed to be a Pirate Queen.

Pirate Queens always have flaming red hair and emerald green eyes and dress provocatively in scarlet leather outfits.

It’s the rules.

I was about to ask what the hell what a humanoid bhaalgorn was… but of cause the good doctor came to the rescue

1 Like

Wait what… then was this rule a thing

1 Like

I believe it to be a thing that Gallente holo-media students call a “trope”.

Perhaps in ancient Gallentia there was such a female pirate, and that template has entered the collective idea of what a “pirate queen” looks like.

I believe there is also a rogue capsuleer of that appearance operating today, I think her name is… Anire Scarlett ? Every so often the Navies will issue contracts to stop her making a nuisance of herself somewhere, I think. But she keeps turning up, so she must be a non-DED approved capsuleer, I guess.

1 Like

That name does ring a bell, but I always thought most of the stories about her were just fabricated to idealise her. I mean they do work, as she seems to have a lot of followers from all walks of the pirate world. And I will say the snapshots that DED seems to use for the bounty board does make her look quite stunning.

Pirate is one of the few jobs suitable for a red head. They’re too untrustworthy for most anything else.

For the record, my eyes are blue.

1 Like

Such flattery… fortunate though, that you were here to so definitively resolve the matter.

1 Like

I’m good at solving problems.

Indeed, it’s rather silly that you get an idea that duel proves who is a liar and who is not, so I’ll leave you to answer this question, considering I can’t even imagine how did it crawl into your head.

And for us, Caldari, the idea of “Victors writing history” sounds absurd as well. Personal “truths”, religious “truths”, political “truths” are not truths at all, they are mere opinions, there is only one kind of truth - it is Objective truth. Victors, however good they are, can’t change the objective truth about what have already happened, what is in the past is already set in the stone, you can affect only the future.

If the duel is proves anything, it’s only the Honor. And there is only one way to lose it - to avoid the duel. Because even dying in the duel you prove your Honor.

Again, I don’t know what sort of stupid ideas you get to conduct duels to prove who is right or wrong, that’s just barbarism and belongs to places like Republic, not the State. If you are a Honorable person, you challenge people not to prove they’re wrong, but to prove they are dishonorable if they commit an unjustified attack on you. When a Honorable person is challenged to a duel, they either realize they said or done something wrong and they are either bringing apologies or fight it off if by some reason they find that apologizing is inapporpriate.

It’s a civilized way of actually improving relations between the opponents. For example, take a situation where one opponent misunderstood other one and insulted them. If they just start insulting back, it turns into a long long feud between them and the situation only deteriorates if they keep escalating. Simply because backing down is a dislpay of cowardice.
Instead of insulting someone back challenging them to a duel gives them a solid reason to understand that something they did was rather offensive and unacceptable, so, if they’re wise, they can see what they have done, analyze it, realize it, and apologize without escalating. Alternatively, they just fight it off - and again, if by result of the duel if both sides are satisfied, the conflict is over and they can keep the discussion in a civil manner without insulting each other again.

Only because those are relevant at the time. You are not as interesting ever since you betrayed everything you knew and became a self-absorbed terrorist, you know? You used to stand for something, now your uniqueness has faded away in a sea of Matari-aligned insurgency. It’s hardly my fault that the most interesting part about you is your past.

I certainly hope so. You probably know already but…
I am kind of a big deal.

1 Like

If you disapprove, it’s just more evidence that I’m on the right path.

Contrary to popular belief, I do not make decisions based on “what would be interesting to some random Triglavian sympathizer.”

I disapprove of a lot of things, are you sure this is the path you want to take? You might find yourself in even less of a likable position than you are now!

I suppose not.

But the point still remains that I don’t particularly care if you disapprove of me.