Off-Topic Thread vol. 2

With due respect to the moderation; it can cost in the currency of dignity to eternally be nice to those who mistreat you.

2 Likes

Nice to see ISD step in for once. Yikes. GalNet has been a bigger train wreck than usual lately.

2 Likes

What a lovely idea! I completely agreeā€¦ We should start to monetise niceness shouldnā€™t we?!

I would take my usual poke at Diana by saying its correlative since she became a big meme amongst Gallente teenagers but I fear that would very much be throwing rocks in a Crystalline Boulevardā€¦

Whilst I have been living in Jita 4-4 for a while and also spent a very long time living with the Guristas, Iā€™m sure you lovely people understand that this has nothing to do with me and any plans I have to move home again are completely separate to recent events.

1 Like

I for one would never think of blaming you, darling.

Are you a gallente per chance?

No, sheā€™s a ā€œgod.ā€ And a pretty impotent one at that.
Nothing more than a bottom dwelling, scum scraping troll that isnā€™t even fit to lick the bottom of yours, or anyones boots for that matter. The only thing she is fit for, is breaking down the fecal matter in a water reclamation and sanitation vat.

A bit rude, isnā€™t it?

Though ya know, I think it would be way more offensive for me if someone would call me a gallente than all that you listed for her.

Ha.

Diana, lovely, you tempt me so much! You tease!

I had a nightmare in which I had to give a speech at the University while dressed only in the ridiculous corset and stockings that I bought when I was a rebellious teenager. Black lipstick and black ribbons in my hair as well.

I was so edgy back then.

I can relate to this I had a dream where I was a train conductor, it was all normal, walking down the train checking tickets, but I started to notice that the train never stopped, but what annoyed me was where in the cluster were these people getting the new tickets from? Everytime i passed they had a new unholopunched ticket.

That had me waking up in a cold sweat for a week.

This is actually not a bad idea Doctor! Although it would tempt me to make several mistakes on purpose.

One of the first things they teach you if you express an interest in the Cult of the Lash, as I did when I was a rebellious teenager, is that one should not judge or otherwise kinkshame people.

First of all, what is a kinshame?
And second, why not judging? Judging peers for joining something called as a ā€œcultā€ or otherwise sub-standard or awkward behavior is one of pillars of healthy self-regulating society.

I cannot, obviously, speak for Lord Consort Newelle, but like the Vanguard, my own order chose to ally with the most militarily successful capsuleer administered organisation to have served in the 24th Crusade.

While I consider it unfortunate that Divine Commodore Vektor does not yet share my own, and Lord Consort Newelleā€™s severe misgivings concerning certain elements of the alliance; withstanding the presence of those elements, however circumspectly in the framework of a paramilitary organisation with a well-established record of service to the crusade, is not so similar to collaboration with paramilitaries who have been so open in their hostility against Holy Amarr, that I would have expected much clarification of the difference to be required.

1 Like

Inquiring minds want to know more. Please elaborate.

Is this lash as in, lashings. Or lash as in eye-lashes?

I mean, both sound pretty fetishy.

1 Like

Lash as in lashings. You know, punishing the sinners, that sort of thing.

All good fun.

1 Like

Iā€™m going to let @Arrendis handle the first question about what kinkshaming is.

And the second question is more about not judging until the facts are known. Prejudice if you will. That kind of thing is not good.

I was asking seriously, and Iā€™d prefer to not being redirected to known clowns and forum trolls who canā€™t even connect two ends together!

With the same effect you could have asked a pet furrier to explain how to solve differential equations.

sigh

ā€œKinkshamingā€ is the practice of shaming, embarrassing, or otherwise attacking people with the peculiar things they may find sexually appealing and/or gratifying. As far as I can gather itā€™s socially disfavored because nearly everyone has some quirk in this area, over which they have little control. Itā€™s considered a form of ā€œlow blow.ā€

It usually doesnā€™t apply to shaming someone who has particularly damaging ā€œtastes,ā€ such as pedophilia, particularly when acted on.

1 Like