Off-Topic Thread vol. 2

I assure you, Valate, responding to your nonsense with witty comebacks is an internationally adored pastime.

1 Like

Right, yes, that sidekick with they’s odd insistence on wearing cat-ears and Mannarish obsession with attire or lack thereof. Totally unrealistic. The opening episode had the Boystinite sentenced to cryofreeze for a minor infraction during which time the entire crew of the deep space ore transport was wiped out by a radiation leak caused by his superior technical officer. To cap it off Aura’s holo-projection was replaced by that of the deceased inept due to the faulty logic of the ships on board computer. Comical.

@Auriga_Menkalinan Thirteen seasons? I had no idea. I pay for the entertainment services for the industry workers of six worlds. It has been some time since I checked to see what drivel Impetus is putting out to keep them happy.

This has piqued my interest. I would pay money to see the both of you debate on a stage.

Tis truth.

2 Likes

Address me as “Doctor” if you would.

I don’t call you “Elkin”.

But six is not among the prime numbers.

1 Like

And you have a failure to understand why.

1 Like

And ?

And you are too vapid to understand that she is mocking you.

Who rattled your cage ?

Despite openly naming themselves as “dissidents” and pretending to be “scientists”, the main issue with Arek’Jaalan was that they were outright thieves (they did hijack a whole freighter) and traitors (they ran and operated from Minmatar Republic, which is in a state of war with Caldari State).

There is no greater crime and disgrace to any human being than a treason.

Those who supported that criminal group in the past or still dare to support them are outright amoral and repugnant.

Commander, we have known one another for some time, and you know I have nothing but respect for you. Your devotion to your people and your nation are admirable, but let us not overstate things, please. The Republic and the State are bound by treaty, and the CEWMPA warzones are only one of those treaties. The State and the Republic trade openly, and have always shared technology as required by the Yulai accords freely and equitably, unlike the Expansionist Powers.

Outside of the warzones, the wars within them do not legally present any binding grievance against non-Militia capsuleers, or even national interests. After all, does not Poteque Pharmaceuticals, a Gallente corporation, operate multiple facilities within the Forge? Core Complexion maintains stations, staff, and agents in the Citadel. And, to the point of Caldari operating from the Minmatar Republic, CBD Corp, a State entity, has dozens of perfectly legal facilities throughout Heimatar, Metropolis, and Molden Heath.

Is CBD a traitor corporation? Of course not, and I do not, myself, believe for a moment that you intended any implication that they are. But you must take care not to say more than you mean.

I understand your anger. More, I applaud it: it is the righteous rage of a loyal public servant against those she sees as betraying their own people, and only through such righteous anger is injustice opposed. You have every right to be furious with them and seek redress and justice. But the legal and political situation is far more complex than your frustration and ire make it out to be. Please, I ask you to refrain from such public displays, lest an organization like CBD misunderstand you and wrongly think your words impugn their loyalty. You know well how unscrupulous manipulators among the Expansionists will seize upon any opportunity to twist things to their advantage.

3 Likes

Ma’am, we are not gallentes to fight against civilians and the concept of “total war” seems alien to us, if not outright war crime. We are professional soldiers of officers of the State, and we fight only those who have defined themselves as our enemies or behave in openly hostile manner (would it be by word or action). The Caldari State and Minmatar Republic are in the state of war, but it doesn’t mean that we have legal repercussions against Minmatar corporations that do not constitute military branches of the Republic. We believe that peace and trade is better than war and are ready to deal with everyone who offers us goods or resources to trade instead of invaders or freedom fighters.

Treason would be dealing directly with Federal Navy or signing pacts with Federal militia corporations (like same infamous I-RED alliance was doing). But at the same time you really need to understand that for the State all capsuleers and capsuleer societies (with exclusion of those who are actually citizens) are considered as outlaws, they aren’t protected by the State laws, they don’t get any rights or privileges in the State whatsoever (including so-called “human rights” concept, which is just alien to us as well) and in general are simply disregarded.

Speaking about Arek’Jaalan themselves, as I have mentioned earlier, they are outright thieves. And it’s pretty much clear that they ran to Minmatar Republic to seek a refuge from legal reprercussions for the crime they have committed. If Minmatar Republic truly didn’t have war with Caldari State, I am pretty much sure they would have captured these Arek’Jaalan and transferred them back to the State where they could have answered for their deeds in front of a tribunal. After all, piracy and ship hijacking is an international crime.

If no crime was committed within the Republic, then the Republic would not have jurisdiction to arrest them without a formal request for arrest and extradition coming from the State. While piracy is a crime in all of the Yulai signatories, none of the signatories has the legal authority to enforce the laws of another nation, nor to prosecute individuals for crimes committed outside of their legal jurisdiction. Is there a record of the State making such a request?

As for the more general category of ‘outlaws’, my friend, I’m afraid that’s not quite right. As you know, capsuleer crimes fall under CONCORD’s jurisdiction, and by international treaty, the State is obligated to respect that. That treaty itself is Caldari law, and became the law of the State the moment the State signed and ratified that treaty. It is binding and enforceable on the State itself, just as the same obligations are binding on the Republic, Federation, and Empire. Those protections—under Caldari law—are why the Navy cannot simply execute every Federally-trained capsuleer as soon as they cross the border. And why we cannot do the same with every damned gold-plated slaver that comes peddling their wares or looking to mine our ore.

Well, they weren’t capsuleers, they were (ex-) citizens of the State.

My point about capsuleers was only to highlight the flaws in the more general ‘outlaw’ claim. Regardless of whether these individuals are capsuleers or baseliners, the Republic isn’t going to go arresting a group of Caldari citizens who have not committed crimes in the Republic, unless the State requests their detention and extradition.

I’m sure you can understand why one power suddenly arresting another nation’s citizens without that nation’s involvement and without any crime within the arresting nation’s jurisdiction would be… concerning… for the nation those citizens belong to, yes? If the Federation were to just up and arrest Caldari citizens who’d committed no crime within Federal territory, the State would be furious, and rightly so.

So without the State directly communicating with the Republic on this matter, the Republic arresting Caldari citizens for crimes committed outside the boundaries where the Republic has the authority to enforce justice would be irresponsible and reckless.

The Headline of this Article mentions the term “Triglavian Kybernauts”.

I am Curious.

Is there Such a thing as a Non-Triglavian Kybernaut ?

Dutch, I know you’re just quoting what the Scope has said about it being irreversible (‘beyond recovery’), but I can’t help but thinking ‘MAYBE THEY SHOULD TURN THE DAMNED THING OFF’? Maybe at least it’d stop accelerating in the instability?

And I know, the Scope says they’re working on it. But I kinda think this is the sort of ‘hey, we need an emergency failsafe’ that any competent engineer would’ve had in place already. So color me skeptical.

I might be wrong since I have stopped paying attention to Triglavian nonsense as closely as I did some years ago. But if I recall correctly Kybernaut is simply what they call Capsuleers? So yes there is.

Arrendis, due to how limited the window for evacuation is; evacuation will take priority over anything else regarding Turnur. Hopefully all of the structures can be turned off in time to avoid the same situation in the other 2 systems.