Off-Topic Thread vol. 2

Nah. Trying too hard to be clever with his senselessness, he tripped himself up.

I spent years in fighting bloodier than anything the Pendulum has seen outside of maybe the ground combat on Floseswinā€”Iā€™m still not sure theyā€™ve matched the ā€˜millions dead in twenty minutes of local timeā€™ that B-R, X-47, and M2-XFE reached, but if anywhere did, that was it. Over a hundred thirty of ā€˜meā€™ have died in that fighting, in everything from Corvettes to Carriers and Force Auxiliaries, and I canā€™t count the number of lives Iā€™ve seen lost.

Iā€™m tired of war, tired of all of the senseless, stupid death, and all of the nonsense that goes with it. And if I wasnā€™t, Iā€™d be flying for the Republic.

4 Likes

The sheer explosive power? :smirk:

It is common knowledge among the Minmatar that lazors are dangerous and can blind you! unlike Autocannons.

1 Like

Thatā€™s true, you donā€™t want someone shining a laser pointer in your direction.

Filthy Minmatar weapon systems pollute space with unexploded ammunition, unlike holy Amarrian lasers, which respect Godā€™s creation.

FTFY.

Clusterwide, mysterious disruptions to communications systems can only have a supernatural origin. This is a sign of the coming of the True Emperor. Repent, sinners, for the restoration of all things is at hand!

Can we expect you to reconsider your beliefs if this does not happen, Mr. Nauplius?

1 Like

ā€¦ No.

Really? ā€¦ but it seems as though you might start to wonder about that supposed gift of prophecy and whether and how much you (or anyone) should really rely on it.

1 Like

Why would he start wondering about that now, when a decade or so of similarly failed prophecy hasnā€™t had an impact?

He did ultimately abandon around half of that decade, though.

In retrospectā€¦ I donā€™t think he did. I think the singular thread through it all is ā€˜I am the chosen one and I can speak for Godā€™, and everything else is just the latest set of rationalizations for why Mr. Superspecial canā€™t seem to get a girl.

Thatā€™s something that resurfaced after Ms. Tsukiyo persuaded him he didnā€™t need to worry about his own cursed ego. There was an interregnum, and itā€™s not the same now as it was. Heā€™s walking a similar path, with similar reasoning, but so far heā€™s staying closer to home with his heresy.

Donā€™t be too hard on Naupy-kins.

The reason why his prophecies have failed is because the divine line of spiritual foresight offered from his god has to pass through the one true emperor first, then to him. But seeing that the middle man is missingā€¦.

You canā€™t blame him.

Silly, people are busy grinding for Navy Dreadnoughts.

Morgana did not persuade me of anything. She removed your horrifying curse and allowed me to find my way to the most true religion ever: sedevacantism. Stop hardening your hearts against sedevacantism. Choose the True Emperor. Reject the decadent, pacifist liberalism of this age.

So admittedly you havenā€™t been getting up to megadeaths (so far) but do you really not see any parallels between your prior, cursed path and this one? Notably the way both of them have YOU as their main prophet?

Remember what the curse is, Mr. Nauplius: a curse of ego-- humility, stolen.

Morgana Tsukiyo convinced you she was lifting the curse because she was curious what youā€™d be like in bed (or wherever it was) and also what youā€™d do if you thought you were free of it.

Since sheā€™s got a real and enduring love of chaos, I expect sheā€™s pleased with her investment.

1 Like

The central figure of sedevacantism is the True Emperor; I am a mere Doctor of the Faith preparing the way for his arrival. Sedevacantists who wish to reverence a living person may visit the Shrine of Our Lady of the Blessed Hips on the Jin-Mei homeworld, where they may also find the Side Chapel dedicated to the Sidekick of Our Lady of the Blessed Hips. Even so, may the True Emperor come quickly. Amen. Amarr Victor.