Off-Topic Thread vol. 2

Every time I come to the Summit, someone finds a new way to make me regret every decision I have ever made that had, in some part, led me here.

2 Likes

She has no reason toā€¦ By her own accord, sheā€™s involved with Lunaā€™s little band of misfits and runaways because it offers a sense of community she found lacking in her State upbringingsā€¦ Rest assured that even when presented direct evidence of at least some aspects of the Empire being morally and ethically in the wrong she will use any verbiage necessary to convince herself itā€™s the right decisionā€¦ Pieter Tuulinen isnā€™t far from this same trapping, because the Caldari avidly seek camaraderie wherever it can be found by their very natureā€¦ Which would be fine, if they were at least aware of the dangers it presentsā€¦

2 Likes

To my recollection, She did not due to being unable to find a group to host her. A little convenient that she tried and failed to find a host AFTER joining a mercenary group aligned with the Amarr and active in the wz at the time. It should go without saying a vast majority of our well known groups have military ties and probably would be inclined to refuse an offer to take in someone who a few days prior talked about finding some form of joy in killing our kin while attached to an unrelated in the grand scheme of things group. Maybe a little foresight on not burning bridges would have been in order. Hind sights 20/20 as they say.

2 Likes

It does, and I think anyone would find this point of view more than fair.

She does have a standing invitation from me (albeit one issued after sheā€™d settled into the Empire, since I didnā€™t know her before that). Of course, it depends on what sorts of amenities sheā€™d be looking for. Iā€™m not part of a large group. But my hometown remains a thorough example of the harms done and the fallout since. Or if Matar is too much, I can certainly find a friend whose home planet is in similar condition to my town. Thereā€™s no shortage of those.

1 Like

Actually, we are recycling some old, but effective, methods. Nobody has come up with anything new on these fourms in awhile. But itā€™s good to see that the IGS is making you feel included.

1 Like

Aaah, so thatā€™s what I keep having to shoot down!

Well, whoā€™ve you been wardecā€™ing to do it?

As best I recollect, minor anchorables do not require wardecs to shoot at, so likely noone.

Correct. I gain a suspect timer, though.

I will note that the anchorables are listed as belonging to the same corporation as @Drake_Arson.

Ok. Moving this from the other thread where Else clearly doesnā€™t want to have to deal with this crap.

Youā€™re the one making the assertion. The burden of supporting your claim is yours.

And, again, you provide nothing to support this claim, during a period when Republic society is actively rejecting other cultures.

Citation needed.

But the Tribal level isnā€™t the most basic of levels. Thatā€™s the Clan level. And there is unity there. The Clans then come together as the Tribe, and while thereā€™s discussion and often disagreement, when the Tribal Chief makes a decision, that decisionā€™s final.

Please demonstrate otherwise, if youā€™re going to continue to make these baseless claims.

I also donā€™t work in a ā€˜foreign empireā€™. I donā€™t pay taxes to any ā€˜foreign empireā€™ or enrich their economy. If anything, I funnel money from CONCORD and, indirectly, from Jita, into the Republic. But please, continue your pontificating without taking even a few minutes to try to understand what youā€™re talking about.

You really overestimate how long it would take CONCORD to decide 'ok, turn ā€˜em all offā€™.

I see someone who believes heā€™s on our side, yes. I also see someone who says he was fighting on our side while I was still at PTS, and you know what? Thanks. I appreciate that.

But you should probably take the time to catch up on how our societyā€™s been ticking over ever since then, before you go and lecture usā€”especially freakinā€™ Elsebethā€”about crap youā€™re clearly out of date on.

5 Likes

Oh, now, I would never seek to educate or lecture Ms. Rhiannon. I may be foolish at times, but I am no fool.

And perhaps I should look a bit more into the current lives of the Matari. Itā€™s been a long time since I fought side by side with the likes of the freedom fighters of Matar. My views may be dated, but from what Iā€™ve been able to glean, they are still very much present. I may have to make a trip out there soon.

Also, @Arrendis, I apologize if I came off abrupt or abrasive. I donā€™t know you, pilot. Thatā€™s the Caldari in me. We have our traits that are hard to overcome as well.

It was an honor to fly with the warriors I flew with, but I appreciate the thanks.

I truly am an ally of your people, though. I do hope they, you and your kin, have a prosperous future ahead of you. To be honest though, Iā€™m not sure any of us do.

2 Likes

I have absolutely no doubts about whoā€™s side you are on. Iā€™m not keen on calling you an ally when you support killing my kin to fill your wallet.

4 Likes

The manā€™s got a point.

1 Like

I make ships and weapons, kiddo. Itā€™s kinda how I make a living.

So, yeah, Iā€™m kinda pro-war but Iā€™m mostly pro-not getting your ass handed to you. I typically support everyone killing each other. Thins out the crowd, ya know?

You act like we didnā€™t kill any of our own while in HECON, then again ya I have to somewhat agree with you, it is different.

We werenā€™t advocating a full scale civil war that would put our entire republic in a weakened
state. Something about a certain superpower that would love to come in and scoop up the pieces makes it very unappealing.

1 Like

Weā€™re too busy with our own problems right now.

1 Like

In order to derail Republic threads, us Federal citizens collect together to do a vote to see who gets to be the lucky one to tell them how to live their lives and that we know better.

1 Like

But nothing unites like a nice foreign war. The turmoil in the Empire does not make it less likely your powers-that-be jump at it if they can point at a common enemy and a winnable war.

3 Likes

Maybe youā€™re right.

Honestly, now that I think about it, the Kingdom would probably want a foreign war just to deflect from its own crimesā€¦ and they seem to get all too much of what they want.

Point taken.

3 Likes