Off-Topic Thread vol. 2

This probably doesn’t need its own thread, but I’d just like to report that the Combined Amarr Loyalst Forces have begun a campaign against the Angel Cartel in their home space of Curse and that our first operation was quite successful. As a co-organizer of the campaign, I was very happy with the results of our first raid.

Any interested allies or neutral parties may contact me for information about joining the effort.

Image courtesy of @Phaedrus_Vokan.

4 Likes

The Wrath of God. How it does WAX. How it does WAX so very, very large against SFRIM.

There I was, in a poor, defenseless Magnate, doing my duty to the Empire in a minor Outpost in Sifilar, when there appeared in Local one @Coulter_Phelps, pilot of SFRIM. Having thought myself to have been friends with Miss Phelps and her girlfriend, I began chatting in Local. Miss Phelps pretended to reciprocate such politeness with chat of her own, all the while she was loading the missiles on her Kestrel, which she began firing upon me even as she continued chatting. The resulting battle ended in victor for the forces of SFRIM.

In the old days, I would have responded to this outrage with a declaration of war against LUMEN. Unfortunately, this now requires a War Headquarters or some such. Rest assured, one way or another, the honor of Hoi Andrapodistai will be defended, and SFRIM made to pay for its crimes against God, the Empire, and me. Amen. Amarr Victor.

1 Like

Translation: “I’m frightened of the actual Amarr destroying me so I won’t declare war or allow myself to be decced.”

2 Likes

Making friends wherever he goes…

The Militia Wars seem to have All Sorts of Strange and Baffling events Occurring Regularly.

They do.

The armor defense of a citadel of mine set off a 500 capsuleer fight once.

It was extremely dumb.

There were Snuff capitals to kill. That’s all anyone really needed to know.

Thank you for bringing this to the attention of SFRIM’s directorate. I’ll see to it that Coulter is properly rewarded.

7 Likes

Are people interested in reading more about some of the interesting things I have discovered whilst on archaeological expeditions in Araz ?

• Yes, please, I love Takmahl archaeology.
  • Not really, no.
  • Sani Sabik are the worst flavour of Amarr.
  • Only if Dr. Valate jumps nakedly out of a cake.

0 voters

Ancestors preserve; I once believed the Caldari-Gallente games of “no you” were uniquely acrimonious and pointless.

1 Like

Don’t worry too much about it. The Intergalactic Summit is the absolute last place anyone who’s serious about peace is looking. It’s always been a tool to turn people of worth into elements of the landscape by convincing them that etched permanence is akin to prominence. Your best bet is to meet someone here and meet them away from here as quickly as possible, before you’re turned to cardboard.

4 Likes

In hindsight I feel I may be guilty of the other popular pastime, which is throwing popcorn at the people you mentioned, for entertainment and a look of ironic detachment. How could you not, though?

1 Like

On the contrary, the IGS is often the only place you can talk to people with any degree of seriousness. Half of the capsuleers that frequent this avenue you will never meet in person and if you do it will be under target lock and weapons fire.

Honestly, I like coffee and dancing a bit too much, and in the end it’s all kind of sad. I’m in no place to throw popcorn, I’ve been on the firing lines here, feeling like my family, my Faith, my people are disparaged. I’ve fought here and earned nothing from it. Everyone here has been more rewarding in person.

And the sad truth is they’re all here because they’re all hurting and that really ruins the entertainment on my end. Most of the chatter on here is just a pool of collective pain that never gets an answer.

5 Likes

I used to believe this, but now I’ve met almost everyone here that I care to meet, and the few whom I haven’t I expect to see before the year is out.

It takes work, and of course there has to be mutual interest, but meeting in person can be done, and it really is way better.

2 Likes

Just for the record, many of my husband’s people still live in slavery.

And yet you continue to subject yourself to it.

And I pray they are very well cared for.

2 Likes

I am sure everyone involved is just delighted to hear that.

I suppose you do not fancy that drink we once spoke of, then?