[PIE] Jubilee Celebrations

Where exactly have I blamed you for anything, Ms. Ramijozana? You sought to help the rebellion on Thebeka but in the end your efforts were paltry and forgivable in comparison to the weapons and encouragement the likes of Electus Matari and Samira Kernher provided in the conflict.

I recognize the good you are doing as a result of your contact with Khimi Harar, and am grateful for it; you need not berate me for being unappreciative. However, you should also recognize the insulting hypocrisy of those who complain of “insensitivity” over who we choose to mourn when they are the reason we must mourn in the first place.

Like so:

PIE had deployed troops to the planet under direct orders from the Throne, and when the Minmatar began their operations we were forced to respond. Thousands of PIE crew died to hinder and stop their efforts, both to protect the people of Thebeka and our own soldiers as they did their duty. Those are who we shall be mourning at the ceremony, along with the fallen of the forces the Excubitoris legions served alongside and those civilians we failed to protect. Yet, we are to be judged for not including those related to people who quite literally expanded the damage of the attacks in the Empire?

It is ridiculous. We are not responsible for the deaths of her kin, but Elsebeth Rhiannon is responsible for the deaths of ours. I personally gave my condolences to her the day that the attacks in the Republic happened, despite what she had done in Thebeka, under no other obligation than common human decency in a time of tragedy, even between enemies. I hoped that perhaps she might realize some things now that the shoe was on the other foot, and that next time the Empire experienced such a thing again that she might send commiserations instead of high explosives. If not, I suppose she can judge us from her place of self-imposed exile, wherever that may be. So long as she does it far away from us as we try to sort our messes.

As for you, Melisma, respectfully, thank you for your efforts in helping us make things right. I pray that you may be a bridge between our peoples rather than a wedge, and I apologize if I offended you with my tone; I assure you it was not directed towards you, but certain others. May I be forgiven.

3 Likes