Old forums

I think you’re out of luck. CCP don’t seem to have any intention of changing any of the crappy new ‘features’ of this forum. Why do I still have to scroll down an entire page of notifications just to log out even though I’ve muted everything and dismissed all the notifications? Why is there a useless screen-wasting bunch of information at the bottom of every first post in a thread? Why is there a useless screen-wasting column of avatars? Unanswered mysteries.

1 Like

Yes, CTRLF will open up the Forum’s search function if the topic contains more posts than are loaded at any given time. You can easily switch over to the browser’s search by hitting CTRLF a second time. But as you mentioned yourself, you won’t be able to search posts that haven’t been loaded.

Base features of the forums, no we have no plans on changing them. Styles and adding plugins are options we can always explore though.

2 Likes

An option, which allows to have images only show up after the press of a button.

thank you.

2 Likes

The snow glows white on the mountain tonight
Not a footprint to be seen.
A kingdom of isolation,
and it looks like I’m the Queen
The wind is howling like this swirling storm inside
Couldn’t keep it in;
Heaven knows I’ve tried…

1 Like

So sad how those ‘best forums’ perform on the (i)phone/tablet etc. Way too small to read, harder to load and slower to navigate. I’m sorry but you have to live with the new forums.

1 Like

It’s not completely responsive yet; when you reply to someone the ‘reply icon’ messes with the username if that is somewhat longer (on mobile devices). Don’t know a great solution without concequenses for this myself though.

1 Like

Why are you complaining about infinite scroll? Why do you want pages? It’s much better navigating (and responsive) while scrolling to read something than each time load a new page. Just get used to it, devs are also still busy with it and the 3rd parties will be replaced too.

1 Like

Heya I’m also studying to become Software Engineer.

1 Like

Is it a base feature that none of the notifications disappear even when they are dismissed, forcing me to have to scroll down an entire page and then some just to log out? Or is that a bug that’s being looked in to?

Is it a base feature that pointless columns of avatars take up space on the page or can that be removed?

Not rhetorical questions btw.

1 Like

Hey @CCP_Avalon ~

I do see a lot of people talking about the small portraits, and I’m sure many would like to see an option to make them bigger - there’s a thread where some of us have been looking at how to fix that, and if you’d wanna take a peek and see how you like it, maybe that could lead to a portrait size option ? :slight_smile:

[UserScript] Avatar Size & Sub-Category Adjustment

There’s a user script there that does exactly that if you wanna look, it makes the portraits bigger but circular still so it fits the look of the forums (Erika made the larger portraits script & I just re-did the circular frame below). Though I’ve gotta say, small portraits is absolutely the way to go on mobile - the whole layout works perfectly ok my phone~

2 Likes

Pages are superior in every way shape and form.

1 Like

Yes it is, Discourse shows a specified number of notifications (I haven’t found a setting to alter this number). When you dismiss notifications you toggle them to a “read” state, making them lose their highlighted blue background.

Are you talking about the whitespace between the left edge and the post content?

Something we can definitely look into

1 Like

Just wait there dude, are you kidding me right now ?

To use new forums, i have go in options to make it work, plus i have to install some scripts to have old functionality.

So, you telling me this, i bought car from you in the past, car that had everything i needed at that time a still has. Some day you decide that i need new car, cos you want to make any parts for old car ( i need those parts), so you make new car to sell for me.BUT in order to drive that new car which i have to ofc buy from you, now i have to buy 10 extra parts from 10 different sellers just to, well drive your car.

Are you kidding me ? are you kidding me ? What the heck you are saying…\

1 Like

Maybe on laptop or pc, forums are also used to be read on mobile devices, at which pages work disturbing and take up more loading time. I’m not against pages, but only prefer the scrolling for called reasons.

1 Like

On the topic of notifications, look here.

1 Like

No, I’m talking about the columns of avatars under the ‘Users’ heading on all the forum category pages.

1 Like