Old Launcher Deprecated from 7 February 2024

“No but you can buy our plex pack” The CCP Team

hmm at least it updates before

my omega is due

omega-due

and hopeful there are not too many hickups
as I had to roll back to the current (old) launcher some weeks ago.

Can’t wait for more :salt: and emotionally and cognitively bankrupt reasons why going to a new LAUNCHER is the worst thing in eve’s history and they are going to lose players over it

3 Likes

Will there be the chance to see unread mail count on the new launcher please? As far as I can tell there’s not a whole lot of functionality on the launcher that I would use on a regular basis; one full tab just to house the launch option, two tabs devoted to advertising plex/omega and one more tab devoted to settings. With the new option to launch a character directly, I’d love to see some of the items previously relegated to the character selection screen added here, and more extras that are great for deciding which toons need a little TLC. Buy/sell order status, net change in wallet balance, total of new mail, skill training status, current ship/location (so I know if I’m about to directly log onto a toon that’s had a station deconstructed around them since I last docked). At the moment the current launcher just feels like a resource hog and a big marketing platform for NES/Vanguard.

Also, new launcher is saving tons of temp files to my PC in SquirrelTemp folder. 100G of temp files in a couple months. When you said “everything the old one did, and more” this wasn’t what I had in mind, any way to fix that? I have searched the forum, seen others with the same problem, yet to find a solution that works for me.

1 Like

is it possible to copy the launcher groups?

Should still be on the char select screen.

Loading the character select screen takes a while for me, and I don’t do it every day for every account. Some I have set to launch a specific toon to speed things up, and don’t always remember to log out to check the status of the other toons. Having this on the launcher would be a pretty significant QOL improvement for me over having to load up multiple clients just to see if they’ve gotten a random piece of mail.

The preceding advance updates for the past few months wasn’t sufficient? lol

4 Likes

I am on apple silicon, old launcher installed via steam, was able to launch without any update. The article on the launcher and the support document it references makes no explicit reference to this platform.

cough Account labels? cough

5 Likes

The thing I am more worried about is that the Old Launcher starts in Character selection. New one has that option disabled by default and kicks you right into the game. So I am expecting some interesting results from that.

2 Likes

У меня с ним большие проблемы играю в 8 окон и запускаю все часть запустит часть лаунчер не готов пишет и чтоб дозапустить окна приходиться все закрыть и по новой запускать это ужасно .

There’s already been some folks come back, log in and lose caps

2 Likes

So umm after updating to the new launcher i have an eve online icon and an eve launcher icon, which does nothing when i click on it. So i assume i can toss away the eve launcher one??..

Why am I being asked to download 35GB of EVE install??? Is this a launcher or a whole new &@$@^&#*@%^ game? (Edit 3 - yep, it’s a FULL F’n game download. 35GB is just the tip of the iceberg.)

Edit - OMG. You completely reset all my UI setups. WTF?

Edit2 - Don’t forget to set your client for full download or you’ll be staggering around space with half the visual elements missing and lagging you out.

Typical CCP.

1 Like

Guess I’ll find out soon enough if these issues have ever been improved. I’m not holding my breath though.

Just a 30 GB download. Hope you’re not in a hurry to meet someone in space. Oh, you also have to relog all your accounts.

1 Like

Ok I opened it up to see. Not perfect but it has been improved since I first tried it. Color me surprised.

1: The first part was fixed. I would still like to see the account re-collapse when I de-select it though.
2: Issue still present. Some sort of more compact mode like this would still be very useful.
3: This was either improved or I just don’t see this issue with it that I did before. I do like how when the window is resized to small, the account name becomes a mouseover popup, which brings me to…
4: Good. Fixed.
5: Basically fixed since the last selected launch group remains selected through closing and reopening the launcher.

Overall good job. I can’t really complain much about it. …unlike photon. For the love of Bob, fix the excessive padding around scroll bars!

I never encountered what you encountered honest to god lol.

1 Like

2 Requests.

1. Can you include character location on the information. It’s available to you and it would be useful to us.

2. Can we uninstall vanguard please?

1 Like