Omega Should Include Alpha for FREE aswell

Don’t know where you got that number from, I have full set of +5 Attribute Implants and am only training 2250 SP’s per hr.

@Salvos_Rhoska OK, I didn’t do the math on it.

An Omega account is paid with money. Alpha accounts are free and have had their access to skills and items within the game expanded quite a bit. As an Omega account, it would be nice to have the other 2 characters on the account able to train skills at Alpha restrictions and limitations…for free, without stopping skill training on the main character or buying an MCT.

And that’s basically it.

Now I’m just gonna go back to marathon viewing of Andromeda

1. Way back when Alpha was introduced, I argued for free Alpha training alongside Omega as well. Ive since learned/understood why that wont work, for a multitude of reasons.

2. You can set up an indefinite amount of Alphas (on separate accounts) that train for free.

3. Best I could suggest, is a “mini-MCT” that would allow training 1 additional character on Alpha accounts. BUT, CCP already chose to go the route of “daily injectors” for that.

4. Andromeda is a fun show. Enjoy your marathon.

From the skill training formula.

Base skill is 17

If your primary attribute is mapped to +10 and the secondary is +4 and you have +5 implants:

Primary: 17 + 10 + 5 = 32
Secondary: 17 + 4 + 5 =26

32 + (1/2 * 26) = 45 SP/min * 60 min = 2700 SP/hr

Has been that way forever. If you are only getting 2250, you aren’t optimally mapped for the skill you are training, though if you used Evemon, you might be optimally mapped overall for your current skillqueue, but just not at the maximum you could train.

3 Likes

I’m currently training up Logistics, Interceptors and Interdictors. My attributes are set up as average since my skill plans jump around a lot:

Intelligence = 27
Willpower = 25
Perception = 25
Memory = 25
Charisma = 22

+5 implants.

DMC, you’ve been around for ages, didn’t you get a load of Aurum that could be traded in for MCT? Or what about subscription deals that included MCT (via tradeable certs, or forced particular account use)?

Anyway, you still have the option to train up 2 characters to 5 mill SP on an alpha account (or more, perhaps, with daily injectors) and then pay to transfer your main to that account later.

Also, two omega accounts are so useful.

Finally, for a general training plan without farting about with remaps, I’d recommend putting points evenly into int and per over mem and wil, but maybe not if you’ve finished all the T1 stuff. Trust Evemon on this :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Not true DMC, i’ve had alphas in my corp and they buy plex to get stuff done faster, in fact i’d say these guys are more open to buying plex and injectors than some vets.

they tend to get subbed within a few weeks and they still spend money on plex.

how can you have an alpha on an omega account, it’s an account wide system, your account is alpha or omega, not your chars ffs :rofl::roll_eyes:

2 Likes

And this is why CCP should never have started catering to the whining carebears all those years ago. because they always want more and more and more. Never satisfied, not knowledgeable, can’t use reason and all they want is MORE PVE content, all the time.

1 Like

Yeah, Aurum got changed into PLEX which I then spent, mostly on Ship Skins and some Apparel items, also sold some for ISK.

I sub my account on a yearly basis so getting a sub deal usually isn’t available.

I thought some of the older Vet’s might agree about getting some skill training done on extra characters in Omega accounts, obviously I was wrong.

I have one remap available but like I said, my skill plan covers a lot of different attributes. Currently I have a couple of weeks left in queue for Spaceship Command Group skills which has attributes Primary: Willpower - Secondary: Perception. Then Reprocessing Group skills finish training for 1 month with attributes Primary: Memory - Secondary: Intelligence. After that will max out all Science Group skills which has attributes Primary: Intelligence - Secondary: Memory.

Not sure what will be next after that so yeah, I don’t wanna burn that remap just yet.

Maybe CCP could code it to allow one of the other character slots on the Omega account to train skills at Alpha status. As long as it’s not logged into the game, it’s basically non-existent…

Jeeze man, how about a little thinking outside of the box.

You can already train 1000 Alphas, at 1 character in each of the 1000 accounts.

You know what bro, you remind me of a friend of mine, he has good intentions but he’s actually just an angry old man who constantly complains and finds fault in everything.

Anyway, are you an Alpha or Omega?

:face_with_raised_eyebrow:

Heh, give it a rest already. Done with this crap.

Understood.
I used to argue for the same when Alpha/Omega happened, but there are too many real reasons why this cant happen, for it to happen.

CAVEAT: Alpha SP farms are a cancer, and should never have been allowed to occur.
Arguably this is the biggest mistake CCP ever made.

1 Like

Just a friendly reminder while we’re here: you can always take up a subscription offer even when subscribed, so if you are 5 months into a year’s sub, and accept an offer for a 6 month sub with bonus 3 months of MCT, then your sub will be: billed in 11 months’ time (12 month recurring) with 3 months of MCT.

I prefer having a lot of my activities on a different alt with different clones. It’s nifty, try it! Don’t succumb to “all SP must go to my main” syndrome, it’s hit by practicality and by inefficiency usually, despite a bit of duplication in training up stuff like engineering and other essentials.

Lastly, I entered combat on an ancient alpha (DOB mid 2005) and rapidly found I had all sorts of stuff missing. No thermodynamics, so hitting overheat webs resulted in "computer says ‘no’ " for example. And thermodynamics is a 4.5 million isk skill too, the robbing bastards…

1 Like

Afaik, the system runs your current, first sub, first, then adds time ontop of that for any future purchase of sub.

Auto-renewal is frankly something everyone should turn off, once you paid a sub, so that you arent suddenly surprised by being charged by a game you no longer play 1yr later.

Arguably auto-renewal should not even be a thing,

TLDR: Subs stack, so that the first one purchased in sequence expires first, before the rest.

1 Like

No, you’ll get all benefits of the newly accepted sub immediately

1 Like

Nv,m then.
I seem to remember added time bought after an existing sub being added to the back-end of that sub, but perhaps I am wrong.

1 Like

Looks like the mechanics have been covered so I will chime in from a different angle

Try to imagine your running a business that you want to grow kinda like CCP did with EvE which was the funding engine for their other games like Dust 514, Valkyrie and more recently Sparq. How do you grow your business by giving away free access that increases your maintenance costs?

If 100 sub an Omega and each gets one Alpha for free, that does not increase your revenue, it decreases it the more the situation continues. CCP employs 100s of staff to maintain and expand the game. What you propose would eventually halt expansion due to increased maintenance cost.

As a short term offering to incentivize more subscriptions, sure! Full time forever? There is no motivation for CCP to do it even if the entire player base wanted it.

What I wold love (but am not holding my breath for) is something like MCT, but allowing more than one character on an account to be active at a time. Same cost as a PLEX, but would allow me to have another character from my Omega account active for essentially temporary multi box use (binging ore, or a long series of hauls).

It would wind up costing the pilot the same as another Omega account each month, but could be friendlier to when you need a second toon on a intermittent or temporary status without needing to set up a totally different account.