Omega Should Include Alpha for FREE aswell

Not possible due to legacy code, and probably never will be…

Totally get that.

Just riffing.

How does an Alpha SP farm work?

that’s some pretty crazy logic ya got going there bro

There is another option to training Alphas beyond the 5mill trickle cap - daily Alpha injectors. These cost Plex (20 each IIRC) and give you 50k skill points you can then allocate to Alpha skills. You can only use one per day.

1 Like

The more I think about it, the more it comes across as not a problem. You can already have an unlimited number of alpha characters training simultaneously with only 1 logged in at once. Omega and multi-character training combined means the price you’re paying for Omega training is per character, not per account.

The only real downside I can think of is that it blurs the line between the two states. It would put some of the benefits on the account level (unrestricted access to skills) with some of the drawbacks on the character level (restricted access to skills that can be trained.) It would have to be called something else. Maybe just “limited secondary training” or something.

I haven’t been following the whole thread, just skimming, but really, the only reason not to do this is the cost of dev time, which could be super cheap or super expensive (hard to tell.)

1 Like

Easy: you sell additional product!

Now the question: what will this idea provide for CCP in this department? Will these additional Alpha characters on Omega account make players want to spend additional money on something or not?

I’m not sure. Anyone?

1 Like

I’d say yes. A player starts training up a secondary character and they become more likely to get some MCT to get it the rest of the way to where they want it.

1 Like

Agreed.

MCT is arguably over-priced, as it confers only an additional training que, over the value of an initial Omega sub (which makes all 3 characters Omega unrestricted).

Omega is good value. MCT ontop of that, is not really good value.

However, its in CCPs interest to keep it at roughly sub/PLEX cost, so as to incentivize players to remain subbed to train the three characters on that account.

Introduction of extractors/daily injectors also arguably was negative for the MCT market, as instead of buying MCT, you can just buy injectors instead (albeit they are less efficient the more SP a character has).

As a result of injectors, CCP cant feasibly drop the cost of MCT, unless they expect to make it back on extractor sales. Reason being a cheaper MCT will increase SP farming even further than now.

It depends on the reasons people train their other chars on an Omega account.

Most of those reasons would require the chars to have skills that Alpha training does not provide. In those cases what OP is asking for would not help them.

In the cases where only Alpha skills are needed, there is no reason to not create a specific Alpha account for that.

People will spend additional money if they can gain additional advantages or options in the game. OPs idea does not offer that.

1 Like

Allowing flying two characters from the same account is technically likely unfeasible. Client would have to be re-built.

Allowing MCT to train two characters at Alpha levels, is not equitable compared to simply an Omega sub. Omega makes them all Omega, and you can divide full training rate/amount among all three.

Reducing MCT cost will only work, if CCP makes up the difference from extractor sales (and will flood the market with SP).

Allowing an Alpha account to fly alongside an Omega will lead to it becoming a “game standard” forcing everyone to do so, supports botting and reduces CCP income from Omega sub that previously bought 2, to fly two accounts at the same time.

I’ve said it before, I’ll say it again. If Salvos has a position on something, the opposite position is likely the correct one. Assuming he’s even on topic and coherent, which he usually only ever is by accident.

Limited secondary training (don’t call it Alpha because there’s no way it could be Alpha) would be financially profitable for CCP for the same reason that Alphas are profitable, and it would benefit the game more than it would hurt it. The only question is the development cost. It could be prohibitively expensive, it could be easy peasy. There is no way for the players to know. It might just be a matter of changing the list of status check priorities and a dialog box. Or it could mean rewriting a huge chunk of the backend. IMO, Limited Secondary Training is already a good enough idea to bump up to the devs for investigation. Just don’t call it Alpha, because making it Alpha would actually reduce functionality of those characters.

2 Likes

Alphas are not profitable for CCP.
They are free, and just cost CCP money to administer/maintain.

If there was profit in a free Alpha alongside an Omega, CCP would have done so.
There isnt.
A free Alpha just means players that bought 2 Omega subs for two ships in space, only have to buy one.

If you want to fly two accounts, sub two Omegas.

If you want to train two characters, sub and MCT.

If you dont want to sub, fly a single Alpha for free.

Nobody was talking about that. Try reading it again, except with less stupid. You are having a completely different conversation from what literally ANYONE in this thread is talking about.

Explain to me exactly, specifically, what you are proposing, as if I was completely stupid (which you think I am anyways).

No. I’m not going to spam just because you are so disrespectful that you can’t bother reading before saying something laughable.

1 Like

You claim Im stupid and cant understand it.
You claim Im disrespectful, whilst you call me stupid and laughable.
So explain it to me like as if I was completely stupid, so I can understand it.

Maybe I’m not the only stupid reader here.
Other stupid readers will also better understand what it is you are proposing.
If you cant explain it so it makes sense to a stupid person, well, I dont think your chances are very good for getting it implemented by smart people.

Nobody is asking you to spam, just to simplify and express it in a way that us stupids can understand.

Have mercy and pity on us stupids…
Wee niid teh helpz to komprehns.
Pretty please, with a cherry ontop…?

Look, alpha accounts are profitable only because they encourage people to play, which helps make space more vibrant. This only happens if the alphas are out playing the game. Simply having am account able to train secondary characters for free isn’t the same thing nor can you say that is profitable. If anything it reduces the profit.

It’s more profitable to require a 2nd account, train it, then collect a transfer fee.

3 Likes

I’m not angry, I just don’t like freeloading numbnuts like you asking for more without any logic to it other than “I wants free stuffs”. You always go full retard like this. And yes I’m omega, on several accounts. Does me being omega in any way change anything in this regard, or only in your “logic”?