Omega Should Include Alpha for FREE aswell

That already exists as MCT.

Unless CCP makes a vast change, so you can fly multiple characters off one account at once, it still leads to MCT. I dont think the client can be rebuilt so that you can fly 2 characters off one account at once.

No, MCT allows 2 characters to train at Omega speed.

Not gonna repeat it all again. Obviously you don’t understand what I’m saying.

:face_with_raised_eyebrow:

I give up.

1 Like

I get it.

This is how it works:

• Single character at a time on an Alpha account can train to 5.5mil (iirc), at half-pace, free of charge.
  • Single character at a time on an Omega account can train for 1 month, at full-pace.
  • If you want to train 2 characters at a time per account, you need Omega + MCT.

I suppose if CCP wanted, they could sell a “mini-MCT” that allows one extra character per account to train at Alpha levels to Aloha limit.

This possibility however, already exists with the “Daily Injectors”.

wait so you aren’t allowed to use multiple alpha accounts at once even if it is only 1 per computer?

Correct.
You as a person/player, are only allowed to fly one character at once, no matter how many accounts/PCs etc, unless each of them is an Omega.

The thing is, its you as a person/player that signs the TOS/EULA, not your accounts/characters/PCs.

Alphas can still only train up to 5 million. While there’s 20m worth of Alpha skills, in order to train up to that cap an account needs to be subbed at least temporarily. I think this is an intentional shift from Alphas being “try the game without being completely useless, eventually subscribe” to “try the game, sub when you’re excited/have something specific to work towards, don’t sub when you’re not as committed, but still have access to most things so popping in feels like you’re actually playing”.

Character slots are a trap and I don’t think CCP should incentivize their use. You can’t simultaneously log in multiple characters from the same account, so making alt accounts is more valuable than alt characters. Thus the best use of alts within an account is something like PI (which can’t be trained in the Alpha state) or industry - and for those roles, you can just train them up for their specialty and then never use their queues again.

With the work that’s going into the NES, I don’t think CCP sees subscriptions as being as large a part of their business model as it has been previously and this would make them unlikely to expand Omega benefits. Subscriptions require getting players to commit for a specific period of time and this can keep a player away during times they’re unsure they can play consistently; while a robust Alpha state allows players to approach the game as freely as they want, and perhaps more impulsively buy a SKIN or some plex to sell for ISK - which may be less likely by players who have “I already spent $50 on Omega” in the back of their mind.

No, it means you get Omega access to all characters on that account, and thus dont need to plex/sub multiple accounts.

This is invaluable for many character setups, especially industry related characters.

I’m saying give Alpha accounts option to activate MCT and train 2 of their 3 Alpha characters on that account with Alpha restrictions enabled.

Omega accounts would have their 1 character training at Omega status with 1 of the 2 other character slots training at Alpha status with restrictions enabled. Applying a MCT to the Omega account would remove the Alpha restrictions on the second character which then trains skills at normal Omega status.

Basically the main Omega character continues training at Omega status while one of the 2 other character slots on the account trains at Alpha status. When those characters reach Alpha skill point limit, the only way to increase their SP’s is to either stop skill training on the main and designate another character as Omega, or purchase a MCT.

1 Like

Sorry brother but if CCP relies on that for gaining money, then this game definitely isn’t going to see it’s 20th birthday.

1 Like

Yes, I mention:

And regarding the OP, once you’ve got alts trained for that purpose they’re taking up a slot and have no benefit to train any more, thus negating the benefit of the suggested Alpha-rate training.

we need to just get rid of this multi account bs like they said in a dev blog after the alphas were released, said dev blog as been deleted…

With the exception of WoW, no other subscription-based MMOs make the top 10 in revenue in the west. (There are a couple odd exceptions in Asia.)

CCP posted a decline in revenue in 2015, and a considerable surge in 2016, going from $54.7m to $86.1m, after spending 2012-2014 hovering in the mid 60s. Skill Extractors/Injectors (NES) and Alphas happened. (Also Citadels, which could be very hype but I’m not sure they’re $30m worth of hype.) F2P+microtransactions became the default model of new properties a decade ago. CCP seems to have made a successful hybrid transition, but growth is going to be through the NES.

Why?

You can buy Omega and change the character to which training applies half-way, or every 1/3, through the month.

Thus all 3 characters get Omega access, and you can divide the Omega month worth/rate of SP generation however you want among the 3 characters.

Buying MCT for the purpose of training two Alphas, at Alpha rates, without Omega access on the account, would be a very bad deal for the buyer.

1 Like

Not really, especially with the recent expanded list of skills and access to ships and modules

1 Like

A person would have to be stupid to buy a MCT to train 2 Alphas, at Alpha rates, with Alpha restrictions.

Instead you buy an Omega, all the characters are free of Alpha restrictions, and you can divide the Omega SP rate/quantity however you want among the three, by switching which character gets the training for whatever period of time.

Did you forget you can decide which of the 3 characters is trained, at any time?

This character is training skills as an Omega, it’s a paid account. I don’t want to buy MCT or stop skill training on this character in order to get the other 2 characters on this account skilled up as Alpha.

Players with Alpha accounts get to experience a rather large percent of this game for free. Some of them may want to set up their 3 characters quickly for different tasks so the MCT would be an option to achieve that without subbing.

What are the current rough SP generation rates?

How much SP does a vanilla Omega account generate, and how much does a vanilla Alpha account generate, per month?

Assuming optimal mapping, 2700 SP/hr for Omega and half that for Alpha.

So options:

1. Pay subscription ($15):

Train character slot 1 for 15 days = 972000 SP on that character trained at Omega
Train character slot 2 for 15 days = 972000 SP on that character trained at Omega

1. Alpha + MCT ($20):

Train character slot 1 for 30 days = 972000 SP on that character trained at Alpha
Train character slot 2 for 30 days with MCT = 972000 SP on that character trained at Alpha

Disadvantage of the alpha + MCT approach:

1. limited duration skill queue
  2. more expensive
  3. slower

Right, and it would be less than half for Alphas at optimal, as they cant train/fit cybernetics for a full implant set.

@DeMichael_Crimson

Buying MCT for 2x Alpha training would be a stupid decision as a buyer, than buying an Omega.

1. You would get less SP.
  2. Will cost you more (from the cash store).
  3. You will have Alpha restrictions on all 3 characters on the Alpha account.
1 Like

@DeMichael_Crimson

You are wrong on this one.

1. The numbers/perks above show it would be stupid to buy an MCT for 2x Alpha train, rather than an Omega sub.
  2. I think you either miscalculated, forgot for a moment that an Omega account can choose which character trains how much, or the introduction of “daily injectors”.

I cant think of any circumstances where it would be better to buy a MCT that trains 2x Alpha, at Alpha rates and Alpha restrictions on skills/ships etc, rather than an Omega sub.