On toxic and exclusionary behaviour

I’m sorry, but I believe you are talking about this comment, in the context of a thread about the effects of non-consensual PvP on game population:

You may have missed all the references there to “game population perspective” and “parasite in the game needs victims”, but these are references to the in-game behaviour being discussed and not to the RL person.

I think you then refer to this quote:

and somehow conflate “If your playstyle vanishes, EVE won’t miss it much”, with a desire for actual people to suffer “extinction”.

These are references to in-game behaviour and in-game playstyles. Now for contrast, this:

see, that’s what we call an “ad hominem” attack on the person, completely free of any reference to the game or the ideas they are putting forth. This is what happens when you make an enemy in your head of the other person in real life and start assuming all sorts of things about them, rather than addressing game issues.

You should think about focusing more on the actual game, and less on your crusade against the “bad people” who are “destroying the game”.

It also strikes me as quite funny that a person who professes so much interest in non-consensual PvP would turn and demonize another player for

Perspective. Game, not life. Real issues, not imagined enemies. They’ll serve your cause better than attacking random strangers on the internet.

Edit: So, I think the ‘community flagging’ thing is really getting out of hand lately, especially since it is anonymous, and especially since some posters have taken to so toxicly, directly attacking other people rather than their points or discussion.

This post was flagged as ‘inappropriate’. It contains no insults, no personal attacks, nothing but direct, clear responses to replies.

If the person(s) hiding behind the anonymous flagging system to quell all comments they don’t like would care to step up and point out what they feel is inappropriate about it, I would be happy to clarify the post.

1 Like