One Way to Balance High-Security Space šŸ—”

I disagree. People would chase them non-stop if there was a decent bounty. Imagine interceptors on every gate around the ganking systems. None of the gankers could move about as easily as they do now. As it stands, when I point a ganker en route to a gank and he dies on the gate, I get nothing except an insult from the ganker calling me a KM whore.

This is utter nonsense. There are resources outside of HS that arenā€™t available in HS.

Do you even consider what you typeā€¦before you post it?

1 Like

They could make infinite amounts of ISK in high sec in perfect safety and buy what they need from the market from those who do venture out of high sec. And those 10% of players would be very, very richā€¦

1 Like

But a lot of these suggestions can be done already. It is players greediness and lazyness that they are not creating a ā€œsafety contractsā€. In fact, it is because they want maximalize their profit, why they are hauling it alone in first place. Likewise no miner will pay for you to guard him from potential gank.

It is the same greediness and lazyness that makes them lose their ships to ganks. They can pay to AG but they wonā€™t. That is not going to happen.

OP also suggests that gankers are making big money by ganking. Well I already spent 6bil for various ships and mainly Clone Soldier tags in 4 months. My profits were under 1bil because I am solo ganker and looting my victims is very hard or next to impossible.

Miner ganking is also not profitable. At best sometimes you find one with ORE miners which can pay for ships used in all those ganks that net zero profit. But it is not a way to make a fortune.

But, my alliance is running a reward based system and pays us all for destroyed ships + free ships. Why doesnā€™t AG do that? Why do they need an automatic payment from CPP ? The solution is there already and always been there. If the new players donā€™t want to engage in AG because it is not paying ISKs, pay them ISKs yourself. Idk if AGs are that stupid or that poor to not realize this. Or maybe it is because they want to solo fly around EVE and singlehandedly stopping fleet ganks with 0 effort?

Long story short, any type of ā€œsafe spaceā€ has to have exactly zero resources or ability to make ISK. Otherwise it will be taken advantage of and farmed to hell and backā€¦

2 Likes

Mine too. Which raises the issue that ganking isnā€™t necessarily just about profit or kills or even mining salt but also about territory and making sure thereā€™s enough ore for oneā€™s own miners.

Why is it all or none? The game was designed to have the level of reward increase with the level of risk. After a new player gets proficient at making ISK in HS the lure of greater rewards for venturing into the unknown will become automatic. Not for all. Some will never undock and thatā€™s fine too. My issue is the players that FORCE their gameplay onto people that want no part of it.

*Why do you care if people are rich is HS? I donā€™t find that having a large amount of ISK is very satisfying in and of itself. There has to be moreā€¦

3 Likes

Because the kind of gameplay they want and have always wanted consists of them pressing two buttons, going away for 6 hours, and coming back to a bigger figure in their wallets?

2 Likes

And how do you imagine this? Say we change rookie systems to green safety (which is stupid solution as it messes with players safety settings anyway, but w/e). All that happens is that the number of veterans mining ore and doing anoms there increases and new players wonā€™t be able to get their hands on any.

Ore in rookie system is just as worth as ore in 0.5. Hideaway and Refuge anomalies are spawning there as well and they are giving very profitable DED3/DED5 escalations. At least these systems have no agents, but many other 1.0 systems have even level 4 security mission agents.

This all would have to go away if you want to make it safe place.

1 Like

Have you run a level 4 mission lately? The ISK is dismal.

1 Like

No I am alpha I canā€™t even talk to the agent to locate anyone for me. But month ago there was a guide how to make 200 mil/hour doing anomic teams (sorry canā€™t find it to give you a link).

And the ā€œabysmalā€ profit that many says the lvl4 missions gives is imo mainly due to all of the runners doing missions for same faction(s) like Caldari Navy or not doing the missions against factions which drops tags worth of dozen of millions. Have you even considered that?

Iā€™ve done it all and it pays very little. Whoever said they could make 200 mil/hr is full of :poop:

Might as well be bot. So thank you for getting rid of the bots @Altara_Zemara .

Wut ROFL.

Hours? You is crazy. You know you can go suspect from entering into a FW plex right? So that person has to be suspect for hours for engaging in FW?

ROFL.

Uh. I can confidently say AG has never run a gate camp in their lives :smiley:

Mmm thatā€™s a big no dawg :smiley:

Nice, Iā€™ll give you my discord. I can give you a little bit to help get you started. I can bond a horse for you too.

You realize this has been proven right? Once Trammel dropped in UO, 99% of the playerbase moved there and never left.

They had to drop crazy incentives to get people to go back to Fel.

Youā€™ve already been proven wrong bruv :smiley:

There arenā€™t greater rewards tho. Hence why low is a ghost town.

Someone sucks at farming and doesnā€™t understand what 4s are for :smiley:

Nope. They just know how to play the game :smiley: So you suck at carebearing too. Interesting :smiley:

1 Like

What need does someone that wants to be -10 have for tags or ratting to raise security status?

2 Likes

I think thatā€™s the crux of the problem really

I also withdraw the idea of the lp sys as a pay out, it was indeed stupid, not going to delete it though, but I do think my idea of a payout funded by the criminal himself could work.

1 Like

You are unfathomably past the point of presenting ideas that ā€œcould work.ā€ The only thing you people are doing now, after so many years of fighting the good fight to try to turn this game into the PvE co-op experience you were looking for when you searched for ā€œspaceship gameā€ on Steam, is vomiting up random gibberish that serves no purpose other than seeming pleasant to each otherā€™s ears. You spew forth these ā€œideasā€ so that you can circle-jerk between your little clique and validate each otherā€™s existence in a desperate attempt to derive some kind of emotional fulfillment, because literally no one else takes you seriously anymore.

2 Likes

Just sent you an in game EVE mail with the info.

Just killed a red at prev BT :smiley:

1 Like

I can assure you that they would not.

1 Like

This was already discussd before in megathread long before JJ and Lucas shown up and destroyed the thread by spamming and trolling. Many ppls suggested that criminals needs to fix their security rating (by ratting or buying tags) to be able to exist in highsec.

As a one of the gankers who is buying the tags I can tell you that this is completely unrealistic expectation.

There is simply not enough supply for all these characters that are currently -10 to fix their security status. The market with tags would collapse and the prices would be so high that it would just not be bearable and we would have to farm them ourselves or fix the security status by ratting. Which is painfully slow.

I already presented a rework of the tag system, but, well, gankers refuse that there is need for any compromise and gank-haters still found my rework too beneficial for gankers so nobody commented on that.

Eitherway, how does this help anti-ganking? This (unspoken) proposal is direct nerf to ganking without any compensation or compromise elsewhere. That is not needed.

And as for logic of that suggestion which some peoples argumented with. Why wouldnā€™t it be logical that -10 characters can fly through highsec? The NPCs that we call rats are exactly that and the empire clearly canā€™t do anything against them. Furthermore, even if this wasnā€™t true, it is still more logical that criminal (even flashy) docks into CONCORD station, gives them bunch of tags and ā€œall forgotted, keep doing the good work mate!ā€. That seems highly illogical to me - but also neccessary as without tags I wouldnā€™t be able to exists in higsec, ratting is way too slow to even consider.

As someone who has made the journey from -10 before with ratting, I concur :smiley: