Open Letter to Harkon Thorson

I’ve definitely shot people for less, in all honesty.

7 Likes

I can confirm that a contingent of refugees from Octanneve V are present within the Cerra Holding.

For those not paying attention, Octanneve V suffered a massive weather event this past September, and the city of Moisant, which is administered by the Matari Clan Licei, was destroyed. While rebuilding efforts are in progress and many have been able to return home, others have not. This includes the former residents of Last Island. In their case, the island was battered beyond recognition and remains almost entirely submerged. Their island no longer exists.

These individuals were the ones who were residing at Cerra Holding. While their presence is not permanent, it was expected to be long-term.

Lady Shalee Lianne heard of the destruction of Moisant and offered to house some of our refugees. We verified independently that her Holding had no slaves, having all been manumitted years ago, and that Lady Shalee herself holds views that can objectively be called abolitionist, views for which she has been actively persecuted by the Empire.

For Ushra’Khan to take advantage of displaced refugees is beyond disgusting. For them to target the only true abolitionist Holding is amateurish and ignorant.

Clan Licei and Viavant condemn the actions of Ushra’Khan and its agent.

We have instructed our people at the Cerra Holding to root out and expose any other sleeper agents, whether from U’K or elsewhere.

We apologize on behalf of all of our people to Lady Shalee Lianne, Lord Reginald, and the Holding itself. As has been reported, they were already defending against a Deathglow attack as well.

We encourage all associated parties—whether Matari, Amarr, or otherwise—to condemn U’K’s negligent actions and demand explanation.

Finally, I personally commend Lady Shalee Lianne for her restraint in executing the interloper. Had I been present, I would have done far, far worse.

Astaire Irawakeri Quatrevaux
CEO, Viavant
Custodian, Moisant, Octanneve V
44-year resident of Last Island

3 Likes

Greetings Shalee,

thank you for your kind letter.
I liked your little presentation there and will make sure to send you a few equaly entertaining. Contrary to you I will make sure that you know the ones staring in them tho.
They will of course all have confessed to what ever I accuse them of and as you I will make sure to not leave any marks.
You have to learn a lot if you think fabricating accusations and then threatening the Ushra’Khan will lead to anything but more suffering for you and your kin.
Your Empire is far away and will not come to save you as they are busy losing more and more systems.

I´ll give you some time to think about the position you brought yourself into and once my schedule allows for it I will visit you personaly…

Best regards
Chief Harkon Thorson
Ushra’Khan

3 Likes

House Cerra has been honest and forthright. You and your alliance, on the other hand, stepped into a shady proposal with your supposed enemies in the warzone, then declined to elaborate on the terms of engagement for that deal while speaking at a Standing Place before your peers.

Your disinterest in addressing the refugees of Moisant on Huola VII not only here but in other threads regarding U’K’s actions there tells me everything I need to know:

That you care nothing for the civilian cost, Matari or otherwise.

Did she speak out against this proclamation in any meaningful way? No? Then why is someone living within reach of the fighting not expecting to be attacked? If you live in the area and aren’t in support of us you are against us. You can call yourself or her an abolitionist all you wish. Your still not standing up to it in any meaningful way thus you are the scourge we are fighting.

Again, lay with slaver hounds, catch their fleas.

1 Like

Ms. Vess, your argumentiveness on this point does not serve you well.

Lady Cerra has openly spoken against the Proclamation and signed our Petition. She has housed Matari refugees. She is a signatory as well to both prior efforts to remove slaves from the SCC Markets. She has provided the resting place for a prior peacemaker who was assassinated, Dr. Arkon Sarain, who famously convened the Pakhsi Peace Conference.

While she and I are both of the faith and loyal to the Empire, we do not always share similar views. Be that as it may, I respect the fact that she has ‘walked the talk’ for a very long time with respect to her views, even being forced to go ‘In Exile’ from Empire high security space into low security space and being in open disagreement with entities such as the Praetoria due to her views.

10 Likes

Admittedly I was unaware of this,

@Shalee_Lianne_Cerra My sincerest apologies, though I will stand by saying I do not agree with your actions as it most definitely be used as a justifications for retaliation.

Lunarisse, thank you for bringing this to my attention.

6 Likes

I’m disappointed that the fact that there are Matari refugees there was not enough to persuade you.

I’m not going to condone or decry the actions of U’K in this instance.

But our people being in the line of fire is something that we have to expect when fighting against the Amarr. If we balk at shooting at our own kin then we have already lost. They crew their ship, staff their arms and munitions factories, and are the front lines of their armies. If you’re looking for something to be disappointed about, be disappointed in the Amarr for using cowardly tactics.

U’K not batting an eye when attacking an Amarrian position where our people are present is to be expected.

And what schemes would those be?

I mean, look, I’m certainly not going to suggest that we should be going around attacking civilian populations, but let’s look at what we actually have, right now.

We have a release of staged footage where a dramatic statement is made, and then a man is fatally shot. Then threats.

Do we have actual evidence of anything being claimed in this footage?

Lady Cerra claims this man was an agent of Harkon Thorson. Where is her proof?
She claims he admitted to a role in ‘horrific schemes’. What are they? What role was that?
She claims he was a sleeper agent who blended in with the Octanneve refugees. How? When did he infiltrate them?

I mean, I’ve been looking at the news articles. I’ve been reviewing these boards. There’s been no previous mention of the Octanneve refugees going to Huola. So how did he know where to go—ahead of the disaster, no less, so he could be in among the refugees—to just happen to end up on Huola VII? Gotta say, that’s some damned good pre-planning, putting sleeper agents into backwater cities of 400k ahead of a natural disaster so they could be rescued and evacuated to target systems in a warzone.

Look, we all know what Harkon claimed about Huola. We’re also all capable of looking the system up (if not flying there) to see that hey, look, there’s more than one planet! In fact, there’s 4 Barren[1] and 1 Oceanic planet, which we all know have colony infrastructure, and Holders. But we’re expected, with no additional indications, to believe that Harkon was talking about hitting a Holding with a history of public support for abolition.

And it was a Deathglow attack. How convenient, then, that a chemical weapon we know the Blooders have been using against rivals and enemies of Alar Chakaid should be used on a Sarum world… and Ushra’Khan blamed for it.

We’ve seen no proof from House Sarum, either. But they say it, and we’re just expected to believe it, I suppose.

Is anyone buying this? Seriously?

So let’s see it, then, @Shalee_Lianne_Cerra. Let’s see the evidence you have, beyond the word of a man you’ve conveniently killed, that this is really Harkon’s plot, and not just a bit of lovely dinner theater you’re indulging in.

You know, I prefer an honest slaver like Mitty to someone who makes a show of using ‘abolitionism’ as a shield while threatening genocide.

1. Including Huola VI, where we know the Thukker Seykal Clan recently attacked.

Goodness. Waking up from retirement certainly was the right decision. Things have certainly become interesting!

Keep on keeping on, Shalee. From the day I met you so many years ago, I knew you’d be one to change the Empire.

1 Like

Your making excuses for them is more than enough to condone their actions.

These are civilians who recently lost everything. If you think it’s all right to trample on people like that for any reason, then it’s easy to tell just who you are.

No one has said that U’K’s plan was to infiltrate the refugees. Based on the reactions to descriptions of Lady Shalee Lianne’s work, I’d venture to guess U’K saw a holding and decided to infiltrate it. Our presence was just a happy little coincidence.

Likewise, no one has blamed U’K for the Deathglow attack. In fact, evidence points to that attack having been executed by—you guessed it—the Blood Raiders. (And I’d happily bet that Chakaid took the chance to take potshots at an opponent.)

You’re conflating two different pieces of Scope news: the one about Deathglow attacks on Huola VII and the one about U’K agents being found on the same planet. Correlation does not equal causation, and while I do believe Lady Shalee’s claims about finding a U’K agent among the refugees, I am not blaming the Deathglow attack on them.

2 Likes

I, too, like to start my day with a hearty breakfast and some extremely normal vid of an extrajudicial execution by unmarked, masked soldiers.

Careful not to cut yourself on all that edge.

Lady Cerra goes on her little rant about ‘Harkon’s horrific schemes’ and then points out this guy among the refugees as part of it. As a sleeper agent. Sleeper agents don’t activate and then go trying to infiltrate groups. Sleeper agents infiltrate months or years ahead of time, and wait until activated. That’s what makes them sleeper agents.

Really? Let’s take another look!

Sooo… I’m conflating these to be one thing, am I? If they’re not already connected, what is House Sarum alleging those Minmatar terrorists are responsible for? Oh, WAIT! I KNOW. House Sarum is alleging Minmatar terrorists are responsible people who clean up their own messes and make sure all of their committments are met! That’s it, right?

I, too, like to start my day with a hearty breakfast and the pseudo-pedantic rantings of a lonely soul who will punch down at anything in sight.

Yes, and I’m certain that’s exactly the definition Lady Shalee Lianne had in mind when she wrote her post, because she was accessing the Culome Dictionary of Pedantry while she wrote it.

We all know that, had it been in your best interest, you would have pointed out that the second bullet point does not clarify what it is that House Sarum is alleging the “Minmatar Terrorists” are responsible for, because there is no object attached to the word “responsible” or whatever the grammar rules are. But it wasn’t in your favor this time, so you skipped it.

Not to mention that the main point of my argument is that

Even if your claim that Sarum is blaming them is correct, 1) their accusation has almost nothing to do with this topic, and 2) your source is a news outlet that recently claimed Sarum had put Zashev at the head of a Reclaiming fleet, and then had to retract that claim.

(Not only that, but your basis for this blame is that the two bullet points are right beside each other. Not had your coffee yet?)

What remains is that House Cerra has not blamed U’K for the Deathglow attack, and neither have I. Our concern is the operative that was found among the Moisant refugees. Those are two distinct and separate occurrences.

And pray, what other conditions would warrant ‘sleeper agent’ rather than ‘agent’? Honestly, are you really reduced to ‘words don’t mean things’?

Actually, looking at the rest of your reply, yes, that appears to be exactly what you’re reduced to. Have fun with Blackwhatever Intrathingy, I guess.

Pedantry, Exhibits A through MCXVII.

Pilot Quatrevaux for someone who seems to be nominally on the side of the Matari you sure are carrying a lot of water for an Amarrian (no matter if this slaver is reformed or not).

2 Likes

“We bring death!” say one group of capsuleers.

“We bring a different kind of death !” say a different group of capsuleers.

Yes. Well. Quite.

1 Like

The Amarrian in question is housing a few thousand of my kin.