This is an open petition for the GMs and CCP/Fenris to acknowledge the random disconnects we have ALL been suffering over the past several months. (see screenshot attached)
A few things to note:
1.) No, we will not be grabbing logs from all of our clients to send to the support team for them to be ignored
2.) This issue is system agnostic. It does not matter what O/S, hardware, drivers, software, or our Internet Provider (ISP)
3.) I myself have confirmed that EVERYONE in my Corp is suffering from this.
4.) I have submitted a couple of Support tickets to no avail.
Everyone who is experiencing this issue please speak up and let me know if you have any questions or feel free to DM me directly in EVE.
Thank you for your prompt attention to this issue.
I haven’t had random disconnections in a year or so. If this is a common occurrence for you, you should start by checking with your ISP. If you’re gaming on WiFi, try using a cable instead and see if that solves your problem, if it does you may need to move or upgrade your AP for better connectivity.
But this has been happening since CoW was released in June 2026. If this is the case then the issue is more serious than something require a simple patch or two.
I have not had a single disconnect in well over a year. I have guaranteed internet connection..which switches to the phone network if the fibre optic service goes down. Which suggests to me that a lot of the EVE disconnect issues are ISP related and not the EVE server.
Could be. However the fact that everyone I know in EVE has been suffering from this (intermittently) in various parts of the USA, Canada, and Europe has me doubting that possibly.
No, EVE Online does not have subsidiary data centers in the USA;
; its main game server cluster (Tranquility) runs out of a central data facility located in London, United Kingdom.
Main Server Location: The Tranquility cluster, which hosts the entire global player base, operates out of a data center in London.
Regional Separation: Chinese players use a separate cluster named Serenity, but there are no physical server or data center subsidiaries hosted in the United States for the main game world.
I get it fairly frequently. I’ll have 3 characters open, but only one of them will disconnect. I notice before I get any pop up and try to close the game, but it will have become unresponsive. I end up having to close them all and restart them.
I play on linux, so have wondered if that might have had something to do with it. But whatever I can imagine might be happening would also affect the other clients I have running.
I have been observing disconnects lately. They are not severe though, so they do not bother me that much and luckily I wasn’t caught in a risky situations. Once it happened to one of my accounts while my other account kept the connection alive. They (both Omega) were running on the same computer, so I don’t think it is a computer or network issue, it seems like server side drop the connection. Next time I will provide logs to support.
I have also had random disconnects. This always happens after an update of some kind. Or at least usually. Then eventually it slows down only to get another update and screws it all up again.