Operation Magic School Bus

Nope. About cancer I do not joke.

m

3 Likes

damn dude, hope you recover well.

3 Likes

Best wishes to you for a speedy recovery.

o7

3 Likes

2 Likes

Iā€™ve played Eve for almost four years, and I HAVE NEVER HEARD OF THIS.

Please get better. Iā€™m sort of catching up with everything.

There is a running joke that I am the most famous eve player that nobody has ever heard of.

I hotdrop podcasts now and again to talk bout the Bus and the Game in general. But mainly what I do is word of mouth (so to speak)

http://www.talkinginstations.com/2020/03/magic-school-bus-eve-universe/ was my most recent appearance.

But as you suggest, I will try to get better.

m

5 Likes

1 Like

I think the ā€œget betterā€ is a way of saying ā€œget well soonā€ (ā€œgoodā€ and ā€œwellā€ in some languages is hard to distinguish), so I bet he hopes and prays you feel better increasingly (ā€œprayā€ and ā€œpleaseā€ in some languages is closely related). :wink:

I can confirm Mike really exists, sometimes we meet in new player systems (regularly when I create a new Alt). Feels a bit like the ice cream seller ringing in the street when I see his greetings in local :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Oh - yes, what Pierre said. Iā€™m saying to please get well soon; Iā€™m not being a jerk, I promise! (English is also my primary language, I promise!)

Iā€™ve seen a podcast and your talk in Eve Vegas. Iā€™m more of a grumpy introvert who enjoys mining salt, but I gotta say, ever since Iā€™ve stumbled across you, Iā€™ve been tempted to shuffle towards the nearest newbie system and do the same. I know that imitation is the sincerest form of flattery, but maybe itā€™s better if I just throw ISK your way and do my thing with Faction Warfare.

3 Likes

Yay Mike!
:clap: :clap: :clap:

6 Likes

I know, they actually let me do my thing for a Pulse.

Now if only rookies watch that, too

m

5 Likes

Either works. But if you do donate remember that you are dooming me to further servitude, forever wandering the spaceways helping newbros

m

1 Like

Hell, youā€™re saying that as if that would be of any consequence - youā€™re a modern-day Sisyphus. :wink:

giphy

1 Like

see the above parable

m

4 Likes

Rene Lightning > To anyone who is 30 days or newer in New Eden, I am handing out free fitted ships. Just dock up and give me a ā€˜yeehawā€™ here, or something equivalent.

Iā€™m starting to see where local is problematic. Not sure if anyoneā€™s really paying attention.

Edit: Some people are, and theyā€™re getting ships. But I expected more. :open_mouth:

1 Like

Hi! New pilot here.

Wanting to join the program, what time do you usually do the operation?

1 Like

I live in Pacific time zone but I try to touch on a lot of other TZā€™s. Sadly Australia is tough since that is the middle of my night but there you go, There is no schedule, this being a game? I am not obligated to ā€˜punch inā€™ if you know what I mean.

m

1 Like

So basically heā€™s asking you what time frame does the Bus usually make itā€™s rounds?

I think thatā€™s a very good question which also brings up other questions too such as:

1. What days of the week and hours of operation does the Bus normally run?

2. Which Factions NPE systems does the Bus visit?
    (Thereā€™s 6 New Player systems for each of the 4 main Factions, 3 Career Agent systems and 3 Starter systems.)

3. Does the Bus make itā€™s rounds to all Factions NPE systems each week or does it have an alternating schedule where only one specific Faction is visited per week?

4. If a New Player canā€™t be in system or misses the Bus when itā€™s present in system, can a New Player contact you via Eve Mail to receive the Magic School Bus gift?

I applaud the work youā€™ve been doing over the years but these are all very valid questions for New Players. We understand that you canā€™t really give a specific time frame of when the Bus will be in system but posting an average time frame for New Players to look for the Bus would be very helpful.

DMC

2 Likes

Okay, let us take this one at a time

1. Health permitting I tend to run almost every day, probably active Bus 4 days out of 5. But that includes weekdays. Hours? as I said, 9 ish am Pacific time and the second pass is often late afternoon (over lattes) or late evening (after the rest of the family has gone to bed, so 4 or 10/11 PST
  2. I hit every career system in turn so there are 4x3 stops to be made in a full pass. I do each race twice before moving on the the next stop.
  3. As said above no, I will have hit all stops twice by the end of 4 or 5 days.
  4. No, they have to be active and paying attention to local. If they Juuust miss me I will let them know where the next stop is and wait for them to catch up but not via contracts or anything other than direct trade in a station.

I do not keep records of who gets what or if anyone got something already. That would be too much paperwork for no benefit. The Bus rule is one ship per visit per pilot. If you see m on another pass? ask and you will get another ship. A week later and you might have graduated from frigate to destroyer or dessie to cruiser.

The Bus has a few lessons to impart

1. what a fitted ship looks like
  2. a reason to always be watching local
  3. this is a social game and talking to other pilots may benefit you
  4. Not everyone in eve is an evil person bent upon your destruction

there are probably more lessons built in but those are the ones that spring to mind

oh and the Field trip runs

1. what a fleet looks like
  2. setting tabs on overview
  3. basic fleet warp and following instructions
  4. trying new things can be fun, get out of the rut.

Hopefully that helps

m

4 Likes