Operational: Legion of the Damned Barracks

Ever since the dissolution of Naupliusism, tens of thousands of ex-followers of that late religion — slavers, homeless, refugees, Blood Raider scientists, and many more — have lingered on in my hanger without purpose. Wanted criminals all for their participation in forbidden blood rites, these people had no reason for living other than to wait for that day when God calls them before his Judgement seat, whereupon he will only laugh as the sefrim carry them down to Hell. Such a tragedy; such a waste.

Yet perhaps opportunity remains, if not for salvation, but to glorify God in what time these people have left. In response to the current slave revolt crisis, PIE deployed a unit named the “Slaver Band of Mehatoor”. Although PIE rejected my offer to help replenish this units losses, awareness of its existence set my mind working: I have slaves and I have slaver hounds; why should I not raise my own Slaver Bands to help put down the next slave revolt, whenever it occurs?

And so I have begun: scouring the SCC markets for drill sergeants and veterans of anti-slave revolt militia down on their luck, I have begun organizing the first few cohorts of a “Legion of the Damned”. These units will be deployed wherever slave revolts have so broken down law and order that my cohorts of troops (who are after all wanted criminals) may deployed and extracted without interference from whatever remains of the legal authorities. Their comparatively light training will be offset by the fact that —

• Their targets will be Minmatar slaves who have no training of their own.
  • Since they are already wanted criminals, they have nothing to fear from human rights lawyers and #SlaveLivesMatter activists who would otherwise interfere with effective counter-terrorism operations. They will be trained to have no compunction about firing into crowds of slaves.
  • They will no waste any of their training time on non-lethal techniques, humanitarian operations, human rights law, or anything else that would take time away from their learning how to put down slave revolts with extreme prejudice.
  • By their side will fight all the slaver hounds a capsuleer can afford. Which is a lot.

All that said, I hasten to add that the “Legion of the Damned” will be completely orthodox in both its training and operations. There will be no blood rites, no sacrifices, no use of live Minmatar in training, and in fact I still choose to avoid any slave ownership both personally and for the “Legion of the Damned”. For that reason, the “Legion of the Damned Barracks” now operational in Mehatoor will be open to the public (under guard, of course), so that Amarr Loyalists may inspect the training of the “Legion of the Damned” and see for themselves that nothing heretical is occurring.

May the name “Legion of the Damned” ever strike fear in the hearts of revolting Minmatar slaves. Amen. Amarr Victor.

1 Like

So you decided to go from quaint/ quirky to full on insane with no extra steps in between, with that you have skipped nutty, mad scientist, crazy, mentally ill, certifiable, deranged, demented, of unsound mind, out of one’s mind, not in one’s right mind, sick in the head, not together, crazy, crazed, lunatic, non compos mentis, unbalanced, unhinged, unstable, disturbed, distracted, stark mad, manic, frenzied, raving, distraught, frantic, hysterical, delirious, psychotic, psychopathic, mad as a hatter, mad as a March hare, away with the fairies, foaming at the mouth.

3 Likes

There is nothing “insane” about raising cohorts of military units, madam.

In fact, just recently I have increased my chances for success by contracting with Commander Diana Kim for a supply of Caldari Drill Instructors. According to Commander Kim, the Caldari learn to march, clean their guns, and so forth at a young age, and so drill instructors for juveniles would be a better choice for my rather raw recruits than a course intended for adult Caldari. Revolting Minmatar slaves who scoff at the “Legion of the Damned” will find soon themselves shredded under the disciplined fire of my trooops.

Did you even read what you wrote?, the training to kill innocents and so forth. And by contacting Miss Kim you surely have landed in the full on insane box…

1 Like

That happened years ago. Not just with the advent of this post. In fact, this stuff is lamer than usual for him.

3 Likes

Yeah…I mean…technically this is a step in the right direction.

Hooray?

:face_with_monocle: :tumbler_glass:

3 Likes

Rioting slaves are not innocent. Slaves rioting is a death penalty level offense in every slave owning society that has ever existed, including ours.

1 Like

I take it you haven’t read the rest of this lunatic’s ideas. This is the most reasonable he has been in years.

As for Nauplius: If you really want to repent for your heresy, turn yourself in to the MIO and quit giving the rest of us headaches.

8 Likes

Ok this is scary, but i agree with Gaven. Turn yourself in Nauplius, that way some innocent people will be spared. And think of all the nice things that will happen, you will get a nice comfy room with padded walls. All the meds you can eat, plus two or three meals a day. Perhaps even some sexy nurses that will make sure all is well…

3 Likes

I don’t think that’s how getting rid of heresy works in the Empire…

2 Likes

Give her some slack! People tend to speak from their own experience. Just look at all this expression, all this emotion!

Sounds definitely like an insider’s look, like someone who lived it through!

If it gets rid of Nauplius do we care ?

3 Likes

It’s special, we want him to turn himself in. And by threatening with lashes, i doubt he will.

1 Like

I’m not sure if i’d buy into it just yet, but considering his previous endeavors have involved complete torture palaces for minmatar, the fact he’s trying to start a military regiment, as brutal as described, really looks like a step in the right direction.

seems almost too good to be true…

In accordance with the Decree of Imperial Law, Affirmation of the Word #192001-087GH347, sealed by Pontifexis VI Holy Body, I.N.D. His Eminence Savartin Vhosis and Archbishop of the Hinterlands, I.N.D. The Most Reverend Constantin Baracca III, current contracts of Caldari State drill instructors hired by Mr. Nauplius are temporarily SUSPENDED.

They are put on hold until Theology Council will retract charges against Mr. Nauplius in: heresy.

It is highly recommended to Mr. Nauplius to solve his legal problems ASAP to resume the effect of the aforementioned contracts.

Please excuse me for the inconvenience,
D. Kim, Strike Cmdr.,
CCDM, Templis CALSF, CMC,
State Protectorate,
Caldari State

6 Likes

Thank you, Commander Kim.

4 Likes

Ouch! Right in the Contracts!

4 Likes

Thank you for taking the time to consider, and act on, the concerns expressed by myself and the Most Reverend Constantin Baracca III.

7 Likes

I’m VERY glad to see that Caldari aren’t debasing themselves by giving Bloodsoak the Clown more capable minions.

2 Likes

O SFRIM! Is there no limit to your liberalism? Do you even deny those who willingly accept their Damnation any hope to glorify God in what time they have left?