Origin Affirms Position of Political Neutrality in Triglavian/EDENCOM Conflict

Major proponents of siding with EDENCOM included Operations Coordinator Streya Jormagdnir and Cloning services Coordinator Mikai Heliokanen. Opposing the alliance and favoring the Triglavians were System’s Coordinator Saede Riordan along with Jovian Science Coordinator Alphonse Yridrin and Reconnaissance Coordinator Niapet.
The vote split three ways between those in favor of EDENCOM, those in favor of the Triglavians, and those in favor of neutrality. The final tally showed 27% of the population supported allying with the Triglavians, 36% in favor of neutrality, and 37% in favor of siding with EDENCOM.

Well, looks to me like some 27% of the population aren’t all that keen on democracy after all. And a further 36% don’t think other people are entitled to self-determination either. So 63% of the voters, and 86% turnout, so… 54% of the population weren’t interested in democracy being a thing outside their own little bubble. Interesting.

Supporting the Triglavians because they might “topple existing power structures”. My sides.
Try asking the people of Vale… oooh, you can’t. Whoops. Forget that. Anyway, the Triglavians are most emphatically not a democratic entity. Forget their jibber jabber about cladistic proving or whatever the hell mumbo jumbo they go on about. The fact is, they were not invited by anyone. Coming in and setting up wingwangdoodles to turn stars weird colours and harvest whatever, is an authoritarian dictator move, imposing their will on whoever happened to live on that system without so much as a by your leave. Fact is, that only EDENCOM, and only some of the members thereof, guarantee any level of self-determination.

Seems a majority (54%) of your people are just fine with that kind of thing, happening to someone else, at least.

Maybe some civics lessons are needed for the population, to educate them about how democratic principles work. You might need to work on that.

(for the record, Kaztropol is a constitutional monarchy, with considerable democratic representation, in case you want to accuse me of being a hypocrite [even if I was, that doesn’t make me wrong])