[ORMUR] Kahah Crisis - Mercenaries deployed [Updated]

Thank you for releasing these interviews to the public. Our Broadcast Stations in Yulai are ready to accept the transmissions at your earliest convenience.

1 Like

There’s been quite a bit of a stir within the Round Table about how the Bosena Accords choses to react to this. For those not in the know the Bosena Accords represents a warclone interest union dedicated to monitoring independent warclones for the purposes of supporting and self-policing, among other things.

Officially we operate under a policy of neutrality when dealing diplomatically with the Big Four. That is not to say that our individual members are not free to pursue their interests among these empires at will, simply that at an institutional level we do not show any preference towards the any one Empire.

If what you are saying is true, this leaves us in a very awkward position. We cannot openly support either side of the conflict. That said our provisions do authorize intervention on the part of our signatories, as intervention in this case constitutes the defense of mortal life.

However, the obvious negligence in employing nuclear and biological weapons and the threat that poses cannot be overlooked. It simply poses too great of a risk on civilians, and seems to serve no legitimate purposes other than as an act of terrorism against the Khanid people.

Therefore, on behalf of the Bosena Accords I must insist that any and all warclones operating on Kahah disarm these weapons of mass destruction immediately and agree to submit to a full nuclear inspection carried out by our own neutral operatives. We also request a copy of the data collected by @Teinyhr as so we can review the actions taken on Kahah thus far.

If the Black Hand and allied forces agree to this inspection, we are prepared to officially authorize the operations carried out on Kahah and provide logistical and military support to these warclones as if they were full members of the Accords.

If nuclear and biological disarmament is not obtained and no agreement on a nuclear inspection is reached within 72 hours then the Bosena Accords will be forced to disavow the actions of these mercenaries, bar them from membership within the Accords, and favor supporting the Khanid forces to help curtail terrorism and escalation carried out by the Black Hand and their allied Matari insurgents.

1 Like

False. It serves to allow a small force to escalate as needed to accomplish a mission against a larger one. If the Black Hand’s mission was to terrorize, there are many worse things they could be doing on the surface. The Black Hand has one mission: neutralize a High Value Target and extract. Any other High Value Targets are bonuses.

Considering the type of Warclones the Black Hand prefers (hint: ones that don’t fit in with your Accords and “going legit”) that is not much of a threat. The Black Hand is also working solo currently, we have no allies on the planet surface.

Does this have anything to do with Goonswarm’s Black Hand and their preference for canine bodysuits?

2 Likes

“The I Don’t Know How Not To Overdo The Edgy Muhahaha Hand” just doesn’t roll off the tongue as well.

4 Likes

You all have started private wars. If you didn’t have an exit strategy, that’s your own responsibility.

6 Likes

Seems I need to go inspect the war front.

2 Likes

I will have to decline on the basis that my mercs are not working with nor have they encountered rogue warclones thus far. As such the footage and additional data would not be of use to your Accords. I can only offer the same holos I did to Viverina Cielvoss and I doubt they are of any use to you.

For the record, I also condemn the use of NBC warfare agents for the uncontrollable danger they possess to non-combatants and strongly demand that anyone in possession of them abstains from their use, for what it’s worth.

4 Likes

I’m going to have to urge you to reconsider. I’d really rather not draw our soldiers into an extended trip planetside and into a political quagmire just so than can chase your weapons down with a geiger counter across an entire continent, but our charter makes it quite clear what we have to do in this situation. If you remain unconvinced, well…

Our warbarge is on staging and making its descent into low orbit as we speak. We merely require final authorization from the Royal Uhlans and Sardar Marshal Soshan Fayez to operate in the area. We cannot be so negligent as to allow our own kind to pose such a risk to civilians.

I wouldn’t worry about an exit strategy. It’s merely a matter of disabling a minor nuclear threat and stabilizing the region to prevent insurgency. I’m sure we’ll be in and out without any major complications.

I appreciate your candor, and I have no reason to doubt you. However your actions have gone a long way towards escalating this conflict to the point that it facilitates our involvement and I am a strong believer in the concept of trust-but-verify. I can’t entirely rule out anyone as being co-belligerent (knowingly or otherwise) unless there is sufficient proof.

All the same, our current plans for making planetfall currently involve a company of warclones equipped to administer aid, keep order, sniff for weapons of mass destruction, and keep tabs on mercenaries operating in the area. We have no intention in directly engaging matari rebels or providing combat support to the 19th Royal Uhlans. In an ideal world your troops and ours never have to cross paths, and I’d very much prefer that be the case if you catch my meaning.

Seems I need to ‘really’ go take a tour of the war fronts. With intermediary warclones, mercs helping the Matari and the slaves, and the subjugators being given what for its almost a not to miss party.

5 Likes

They are highly unlikely to allow you to land an army of independent warclones into the area. Besides, considering the Royal Uhlans are, themselves, warclones, I doubt they’d have much issue cleaning things up on their own.

4 Likes

Conversely, many of our warclones are former Uhlans themselves. Hopefully that amounts for something and gives us a chance to convince them that we can do more good down there than their own troops alone can.

That having been said if our services are politely declined I’d be more than happy to kindly leave the supplies we brought intended for the civilians, take our ball, and go home. So long as the point is made that the Bosena Accords wasn’t tacitly complacent in this whole affair.

1 Like

Ah, I should have just let the Khanid massacre civilians entirely unopposed then? You can read my thoughts on this stance up above, in case you missed it.

I know my part and small force are but sticks in the gears of the Khanid warmachine, but if my actions have bought even just some respite to the rebels and slaves, I consider their deployment worth it, and like Qerl, I honestly don’t care what you think of it.

Now you’re just underestimating the skill of my mercs, whom need I remind you have survived on a planet full of hostile warclones and cyberknights for 5 days with minimal losses. They will avoid confrontation against obviously superior forces. Still, I understand that a NT-511 Sniper Rifle will split the head of even a clone merc like a melon, should it come to that, if you catch my meaning.

5 Likes

My word. Keep talking to me like that and I just might be begging Fayez to turn us around.

It’s a shame we’re on the opposite side of this, I’m almost starting to like you. You’ve got a lot of-- what’s the Amarr word… chutzpah.

1 Like

None of this is personal. I understand the Accords position and I’m equally disappointed we have to stand on opposite sides, it seems.

1 Like

Everytime this thread updates I wonder; who is making a bad situation worse.

2 Likes

I think it would be more prudent to think who made the situation bad in the first place. Hint: Blooders were only a spark in an ocean of gas in this case.

2 Likes

The Khanid. The answer is pretty much always “The Khanid”, closely followed by “The Empire.” However much you lot want to bitch and whine about these things, the simple fact of the matter is that every single act of hostility right here can be traced right back to your nations’ barbaric practices and violent violation of our people.

7 Likes

It does not, no.

1 Like

Wanna talk? I think we should talk.