[ORMUR] Kahah Crisis - Mercenaries deployed [Updated]

I’ll admit it, you did a pretty damn good job of hiding your mercenary outpost but I recommend you either beef up its defenses or make it a bit harder to locate @Teinyhr . We originally found your base while scanning for possible rogue warclone outposts, but after taking a few passes in our warbarge we realised we’d found your staging area.

I’ll be the first to say it, congrats. Your people managed to fend off a warclone boarding party. Not many people can claim to pull that off, so enjoy that. Granted, if @Samira_Kernher hadn’t shown up when she did your mercenaries would be zip tied in our warbarge by now.

For what its worth, it was never our goal to actually kill the people you had inside or hand them over to the Khanid. If I’m being honest I really thought it would have been as easy as rounding up some of your people so we could finally agree to a sit down. Maybe get those tapes, or find some other way of ending this up here before we had to worry about you down there.

Anyway, you won this one. No point in worrying about us attempting a sneak attack twice.

MercenaryFOB

1 Like

I’ve heard from sympathetic sources that you’ve attacked my FOB, Eskola-Fae.
You’re not the first to do it.

Want to play a game? Do you know Whack-a-Mole? That’s what’s coming.

5 Likes

I know this game! Our outage reports may be continuous but we have restored coverage in every area thus far!

4 Likes

Seems like the peace keepers can’t keep the peace worth a ****, If you’ll pardon my Gallante. Shouldn’t your war clones be I dunno, killing mothers and children with the Khanid or something? Seems like you have your focus on those actually fighting for the innocent rather than the actual aggressors. But then again, neutrality is a funny thing. Usually to maintain it you stay the **** out of the conflict zone if your worried about saving face.

6 Likes

Passionate statements about whether or not the act is justified aside Teinyhr-haani’s actions still constitute illegal capsuleer intervention in Empire sovereignty and exacerbating the issue by arming and equipping anti-government militias on the ground. Militias that have openly expressed that they might prove a possible threat to our ground forces if we pose a threat to their operations in any way. We simply couldn’t rule them out as a non-hostile element.

I will apologise on a personal level for this unpleasantness. I respect the forces under Teinyhr’s command so much so to the point that was hoping to be able to force them to surrender quickly, bring those who wished to join our ranks aboard, and drop the rest of the prisoners off some fair distance away from Kahah once we’d reached a chance to parley with the Matari forces. I thought that better than reporting them to the Khanid, who would have just as easily blown the facility to bits and sold the survivors into slavery.

But I will not apologise for trying to end a part of this war with as little bloodshed as possible up in space where civilians don’t run the risk of getting caught in the crossfire. I am not the Khanid, and I refuse to be compared to the actions their government as taken as of late. Furthermore, the mercenaries onboard that FOB and undertaking this operation are exactly that; mercenaries. Paid soldiers that accept the risk that comes with this line of work. These weren’t civilians, they were in Kahah with the clear goal of making planetfall to fight as insurgents against the Khanid Kingdom.

All this in mind, the assault was more than justified and I have no doubts that I would have been lauded as a hero if it had all gone according to plan and we had managed to penetrate the FOB and capture those soldiers. A thousand less guns, with minimal resistance, all without invoking the Khanid Kingdom. Settling things between ourselves, mercenaries to mercenaries without needing to invoke any of the major empires or lob grenades at eachother planetside in ■■■■■■■ residential neighborhoods.

You can disagree. You can argue that we shouldn’t be getting involved in the first place, or that we’re backing the wrong horse on this. But I know you can at least understand my reasoning on this.

All the same, this was my mistake. It was my decision to attempt an assault, because I thought the potential ends would have justified the means. Given the similar position of organisations like Electus Matari in this conflict, you’ll have to excuse me if I ask the same courtesy in that you consider these actions my own and not those of the Bosena Accords as a whole.

3 Likes

If you had brought a scanner with you, or read a few of my posts here a bit more thoroughly, you’d have noticed that the FOB only carried a small contingent of mercs. I’m sure they felt like a lot more when your forces tried to invade what is essentially storage house with some modifications in regards to living spaces and the relatively cramped corridors. You know, areas where defenders have considerable advantage.

You were a bit late in stopping them, the mercs have made planetfall a week ago, and not just on Kahah III but spread all across the system to support rebellions. Telling you more of course would be foolish. Maybe even telling you this much was foolish.

Again, from my side, it’s nothing personal. In some other situation I would probably be in your shoes.

Anyway, about that game… I probably should have done this a lot earlier. Can you find the tree from the forest? Or maybe they’re all trees? Or maybe they’re all just a forest? :thinking:

Lest I foget, also a big thanks for @Samira_Kernher for defending the singular FOB while I was not available.

3 Likes

The depot’s occupants weren’t in any actual danger, anyway. The shields weren’t breached, let alone the reinforcement period. It’d be a two-day haul to crack that egg.

You’re welcome.

3 Likes

Did one of those measly ground pounder grunts try to imply they could go up against capsuleers? Guess muscleheads will be muscleheads. Stick to suckin’ dirt, boys. Up here, you’re not even gnats without capsuleer support of your own.

3 Likes

Kingdom. The Empire’s a region over.

You mean the untrained slaves who are rioting in response to being indiscriminately slaughtered by those who claim to be their caretakers? The ones not being given an opportunity to parley because the opening negotiations were artillery strikes on civilians?

The Khanid, who wouldn’t have done a damned thing against capsuleer assets because those are under CONCORD’s jurisdiction?

If you are operating in support of the Khanid, then you are directly enabling the actions their government has taken of late. That’s not a comparison, it’s an accusation of being an accomplice. You are part of those actions. You are taking those actions right along with them. If things played out the way you claim they would have, then those Khanid forces dealing with the FOB would, for that period of time, not have been shelling and murdering civilians. Congratulations on contributing to their body count.

7 Likes

Admittedly I should have waited to reply as given the tension in the very nature of this I obviously could not give a reasonable reply. To actually explain my thoughts without the obvious personal feelings and to address your most recent response:

I’m going to start by saying unless I misread somewhere your organization became involved with a battle cry of neutrality. Your organization instead brought guns. The issue I see is you brought your organization into a position where the second you raise those guns you are taking a side, neutrality is null and void. You can argue that it was for peacekeeping or what not, no matter how you look at it one side is not going to be happy. Do you honestly feel that you are maintaining a neutral face by pointing guns at one side alone? Do you not see that many from the other empires of the cluster do not see the forces you put under the gun as in the wrong? It seems your looking for neutrality by burning bridges. As far as anyone should realistically believe, the only ones who are truly neutral in this are the ones in freighters and dsts, the very ones shot at by PIE and co a few days ago. A threat to your forces? Are you not posturing in a way that is a threat to theirs? This is no more their space than theirs. NEITHER of you were invited by the RKN or the Empire. Neither of you took the high ground you simply took opposing sides.

From this event, as someone with ground forces under my corporations employ, I currently would not trust your mercs on the field with mine. This situation has only shown that your conduct can’t differentiate friend, foe, or neutral party. If theres issues on the ground why isn’t their any communication to rectify it? Given the lack of any evidence of such issues this looks like a random attack from a group touting neutrality, yet has the same amount of a right to be there as the forces they are preemptively attacking. Admittedly I’m sorry I have to say that, as I don’t necessarily believe your hearts in the wrong place, I do believe however your attempts to please all are simply agitating. Take that as you will.

Your attacking a force who is solely attacking military assets. Where do you come from that civilians reside on military bases en masse? Even the Republic’s armed forces don’t do that, so I would doubt the Amarr or Khanid or really any other force would.

This FOB is filled with mercenaries, as your organization is. This simply illustrates my point that you’ve chosen a side. Whether its the right side or not is another point the reader can decide.

I do agree with your reasoning by the way. I just don’t feel the reasoning supports neutrality, nor does it support humanitarian goals which seem to be your platform. To me, most sides in this are in the wrong. If there isn’t a side that is clearly in the right, then support the one with the best outcome for those you feel are justifiably defended.

5 Likes

A small bit of news for those observing. It appears the Khanid are transferring more troops to the system. The scans likely didn’t catch all of it, but at least 50,000 additional marines and their equipment arrived this evening.

Oveg Drust of CONCORD’s SARO was in system to observe, and appeared to be accompanying the Ark and Damnation on arrival, though he didn’t seem to accompany them to their visit to the customs office.

(edit: actually, a note; I should mention that I can’t confirm whether these troops were being ferried to or from the theater.)

5 Likes

So much for a peaceful resolution…

1 Like

Peaceful resolution is not an option here. It’s really not in Khanid’s interest to appear weak in any way, and without a significant invasion by other forces they really have no reason not to continue their genocide.

Only thing that can be done is keep arming the rebels, keep extracting what can be extracted, and keep supporting the sabotage work by partisans.

2 Likes

Oh believe me, i don’t believe they were switching their guns for Bandages anytime soon.

And absolutely yes on that second part.

3 Likes

The Khanid Kingdom is a vassal of the Amarr Empire, and in the eyes of the Bosena Accords therefore considered a de facto member of the Amarr Empire. Let’s not split hairs here, it’s the lowest form of discourse next to namecalling.

Our neutrality only extends to the Big Four, not paramilitaries fighting on behalf of capsuleers.

We may not have been invited but we remained in a holding pattern until we could receive permission from the Khanid ground forces. To date, we still have not set foot on Khanid soil. That’s a damn slight better than exporting insurgents planetside on a whim, don’t pretend otherwise.

Alright, I’m calling it. I’m pulling the breakline on this furrier ■■■■ show. If SARO is operating in the area we certainly have no reason to be there. The Bosena Accords may have an understanding with CONCORD but we certainly aren’t going to operate in the same theater as SARO if we’re going to be in an area where war crimes are common place. I don’t even want to be tangentially related to that clusterfrak.

I’m pulling my soldiers back to Avalon. If the Royal Uhlans or anyone else needs us, you know how to get in contact. If any of you are ever in the Heath, drinks are on me. Other than that, duces.

4 Likes

You… Haven’t? Well had I realized that before over half my last rant would be omitted. My apologies on that regard.

For the first part of that last post you do realize the governments’ of the big four more than likely have their own opinions on what we as capsuleers are doing with regards to this situation, even if they remain silent do you honestly believe if we are outraged they aren’t as well? Maybe not vocally but their opinions will be formed.

3 Likes

Too late, you fired shots in this conflict. Your organization will be listed in the same column as SARO in the history holos.

2 Likes

I don’t think that’s how that works, tyrel…

:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

Doesn’t matter. They picked a side, and they fought for it. The consequences for that choice will one day come to haunt them. “Mercenaries” should know better. Perhaps they should have talked to actual mercs first, rather than jump with both feet into the Khanid’s pockets.

3 Likes

Actually, if I’m not mistaken, We did not take up a side. No where from what Galm said implies were taking sides. We want to intervene because Black Hand posed a threat because of there nuclear weapons that they posessed and planned to use in the area. Picking sides is one thing, taking out terrorist is another.

Our goal was to suppress and eliminate the terrorist on the planet’s. But now that saro are getting involved we do not need to mess or even slightly interfere in their opetations as it would cause possible disturbance in our relations with concord.

1 Like