[ORMUR] Kahah Crisis - Mercenaries deployed [Updated]

Black hand aside (ya, that was overboard and I’d think most would agree), did your group speak out against any mercenary outfits? If so you took a side to some people.

3 Likes

As far as I’m aware no. We only sought after black hand, once and if we got permission to make planet fall that is, and as of our latest version of our charter any warclone/elysion mercenaries particpating in illegal and criminal offences will be considered a target for our organization to go after. That added on to the fact of WMD’s we couldn’t just ignore that.

1 Like

I suppose now that I don’t need to worry about upsetting the Khanid, I can make things a bit more clear.

As our Warden @KnightGuard_Fury stated our entire operation as we said from the very beginning was focused on the Black Hand and any other rogue warsclones in the region. We do not identify with the Khanid or their goals in this struggle, we had no intention of collaborating with those goals. We weren’t picking sides when we asked to act as an auxiliary attached to the Uhlans, we were just merely hoping to gain the approval of the local forces with the understanding that they would be far more willing to allow us to operate in the region if we were under their watch.

It wasn’t choosing a side, it was a matter of asking nicely before barging into someone’s home. As you can imagine a fair amount of politicking is involved in that, and we can’t very well strike any sort of formal alliance with local rebel factions when you actively require the approval of the established government to operate in the region.

Hence my attempts to reach a tacit understanding that any matari rebel forces stay out of our way and we stay out of theirs. Attempts that were met with aggressive bravado that, while normally I would applaud, didn’t really help our situation or convince me that the mercenary groups wouldn’t be an unnecessary complication in hunting down the Hand.

Ergo, acting on my own volition within a margin of acceptable behavior that I deemed necessary (and without the explicit permission of my superiors mind you, before you go conflating my failures with that of the Accords) I hatched the ill-fated plan that would have allowed us to peacefully capture enough of the mercenaries so we could reach an understanding and agree to a parley that would at the very least keep them out of our hair for the time being. Maybe we could have even found some way to exchange prisoners for information without it seeming like we are directly collaborating with rebels to the Khanid.

You will note that all of this sounds like overly complicated bollocks that probably could have been solved in face to face communication rather than through violence.

But in the end, didn’t I explicitly say this bloody crisis would turn into a quagmire?

Frankly I’m glad SARO is finally moving in and doing their job so we can pull out before this misunderstanding got any worse. Next time we need to intervene somewhere I’ll just be very direct about who we do and don’t plan to shoot.

You and yours attacked assets belonging to one of us, “war clones” not even being involved in any way. You can try however hard you want to twist and turn this, but that means you picked a side, and it was the wrong one. If you want to undo this, that’s up to you, but until you do you kind of have to accept the fact that you’re an armed enemy combatant as far as some of us are concerned.

You know, given that you unprovoked attacked us, as we are engaged in matters pertaining to our people and their well-being.

What the hell did you expect?

1 Like

And he’s trying to menace people in a Tayra. A Tayra!

2 Likes

Then SARO should do the same and allow the Black Hand to complete its mission. The WMDs leave when the target is eliminated.

Then why did you come after my FOB? I have no relations with the Black Hand neither do I want to have anything to do with them.

Well, you implied violence on my mercenaries, I implied that they would not go down without a fight. That’s all. As I said they would keep out of the way of obviously superior forces, but should they be surrounded by your warclones, they’d know they’d been in a fight at the end of the day.

It would have helped your planning if, like I said, you’d have brought a scanner with you as there were only 20 mercenaries onboard the FOB at the time. Or, like you said, if you’d just contacted me about it and trust me on what I say. I had hoped that in my career as capsuleer I’d established myself as someone honest and fair, but I guess not.

Sounds good. Mistakes were made and hopefully learned from.

Tayra is a redesign of the venerable Badger a.k.a. “Battle Badger”, is it not? I’m sufficiently terrified.

2 Likes

Do you want your people to get purged? Because this is how you get purged.

1 Like

The funny thing about neutrality is it works best when undeclared. The second you decide to tell people “We don’t pick sides”, your actions from then on become scrutinized.

You cannot truthfully declare neutrality and then choose to target either side, however “peacefully” you might hope the resolution to be. You either engage both sides or neither. Choosing to engage forces in support of the Rebels places you, deliberately or not, on the side of the Khanid.

I’m interested in your definition of “rogue” here. Anyone outside the Khanid? Outside Project Avalon? It would seem to be rather difficult to class any organised group of warclones as “rogue”, especially due to the nature of mercenaries.

1 Like

Again, I think you may be confusing our stance on “neutrality.” To restate:

I’d say illegally smuggling nuclear weapons planetside with the stated goal of using them in populated areas to assassinate a political target in an act of terrorism is a fair example of “rogue” warclones.

If your insinuation is that this whole situation is a thinly veiled attempt to muscle out mercenaries that aren’t a member of the Accords or Project Avalon, I deeply resent that accusation. Generally we endeavour to leave mercenaries not connected to the Accords to their own devices.

We only intervene and classify warclones as “rogue” when they have committed acts that prove an unnecessary risk to mortal life, violate the Yulai Convention on rules of war, or prove extreme negligence that leads to either previously stated cases.

1 Like

It was a question, not an insinuation. A group cannot be “rogue” unless there is some overarching body for them to be “rogue” from.

Interesting statement, given recent events.

1 Like

You mean like indiscriminately targeting civilian populations?

Better go deal with those rogue Uhlans and Cyberknights, friend.

1 Like

I’ve been sitting and watching this event unfold and one thing that did, in fact, happen and isn’t brought up is the chemical attack the blood raiders launched on the Minmatar people on the ground. Now, before I continue, let me preface. What the Uhlans are doing is deplorable, launching attacks on the peaceful Minmatar people is uncalled for and unnecessary. Now, let’s continue, based on my observations over the last week, it appears that the chemical weapon that was launched on the minmatar slave populations was a mix of insorum, a treatment/cure for the vitoc drug, whatever term you use the outcome is the same, and deathglow, which is a strong hallucinogenic. This drug appears to turn the affected humans into very violent killers that could very well be as harmful to the unaffected Minmatar as they are to the Khanid. This chemical attack by the blood raiders has caused the violence, which is seen in the peaceful Minmatar populations who were not hit by the chemical attack. I will reiterate, that the extreme actions of the Khanid against all Minmatar populations on the planet, indiscriminately, is awful and should be opposed, but thanks to the blood raiders, this is not a wholly one sided issue. Anyone who knows me knows that I oppose all forms of slavery, but this situation isn’t as simple it is laid out to be. If those violent Minmatar, which were affected by the deathglow get nuclear weapons, it’s not a question of if they will use them, it will be a question of how many they will use, and on who they will use them on.

1 Like

It may be my bias speaking, but any nuke used to kill slavers is a nuke well deployed.

2 Likes

And if they used it on other Minmatar on the planet?

You mean the ones who were the first targets of the Khanid Cyberknight/Uhlan offensives, and formed a significant percentage of the first day’s seven million casualties?

Call me crazy, but I’m not too worried about what the dead will do with a nuke.

3 Likes

I haven’t seen any confirmation that they killed everyone who was infected, and like I said before, the actions of the Khanid are atrocious, but saying that the violence started because of anything except the deathglow is being disingenuous

The deathglow compound is not the cause of the widening circles of revolts through the system. The rebelling slaves would not, after all, be rebelling if they were arming themselves to defend against those members of the population who have been effected by deathglow.

Further, if this is the same agent uses on Osis—as indicated—there is no reporting of lingering effects among the affected population. To say that the continued violence is because of the deathglow isn’t disingenuous, it’s just foolish.

5 Likes

I just rememberd that you are a self proclaimed pedant. Since that is the case, I see no reason to continue to engage with you. You are not helping and are only causing harm

Ah, another who likes to make dramatic statements before running away when they can’t actually refute the argument against them.

3 Likes