P2e Q&A

I found this linked in another thread:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Eve/comments/s6ubmx/nft_and_rmt_is_a_key_to_make_eve_last_forever/

Hilmar : We do desire the future that people play our game, they feed their families (via game), and can ensure their retirement lives, and blockchains are the way to achieve it. I don’t believe it’s the only way though, should try it at least. That’s how EVEs world last forever, and we share the same goal as cryptocurrencies supporters do.

Hilmar did an interview a month ago where he essentially stated that play-to-earn is the future of EVE Online.

I’m surprised this isn’t being talked about more. It sounds like the fate of the game has already been decided, without so much as a peep from the devs. This sideshow interview is the strongest signal so far about CCP’s future intentions, and it is completely at odds with everything CCP has promised in the past with regard to how the game will evolve and what is and isn’t on the table.

Everyone has been focused on the industry changes and other unpopular updates, but that absolutely pales in comparison to what is being forecasted by the CEO here.

1 Like