yes, I’m running again! Last years result blew my mind (candidate on most amount of ballots, EVER!) and the trust the community put into me gave me a lot of confidence. Trust is also very important for the CCP+CSM relationship and it can only be built over time. We got some good work done in the last term but i believe i can do even more in the next one.
For the those who haven’t seen me around before, my name is Pando, also known as zehPando from twitch (main character: Pandoralica ). I have been playing since 2008 but it wasn’t just idle time. I have never been so proud and embarassed at the same time as when i saw the graph below, showing the most active players that attended this years fanfest. I’ve been running my own corp (DEFCON.) and used to help run the alliance (The Inititative.) for a long time. My playstyle evolved several times over the years covering a wide variety of pvp-playstyles.
I stream a few of my fleets on twitch and FC Chat is a podcast i started to shed more light on the (for me) most exciting aspect of eve: Fleet Commanding. On there i talked to over 100 of the most knowledgeable people in this game like FCs, CSM members and even CCP Devs. If you want to do a deepdive on my take on things you are welcome to check it out on live on Twitch or Spotify . Or since twitch deletes the vods after a while there is also a Youtube video archive. I do also make “normal” videos on youtube from time to time.
Over the years i’ve always been outspoken about issues in the game especially when it comes to Citadels and opportunities for content creation and last year i decided to finally run for CSM for the first time. I would be very happy to represent the players with my knowledge again and help CCP find the best possible path for the game.
- My areas of expertise.
Content Creation. The ability to find fun for my guys, repeatedly, reliably. To run a smooth op and end up with a bunch of happy people in fleet takes a lot of time and effort and i believe CCP isn’t quite aware of how much it actually is.
I think I’m not the typical big alliance FC as i see myself just as much as a solo, small-scale, med-scale FC or theorycrafter. I like coming up with solutions to the various problems that hostile fleets can throw at you. I do focus mainly on creating content for my alliance or viewers on stream but i’m not afraid to become the content for hostiles either from time to time (520b lost on zkill).
My experience is mostly nullsec based but i do have a good understanding how wormhole evictions or lowsec warfare works. Over all these years i also maintained a fairly neutral stance politically and a general positive attitude which makes working with other people (on the csm for example) a little easier for me than others with a similar level of experience.
- What i think a good CSM needs/What players can expect from me:
Attitude/Approachability - If the devs don’t want to talk to you, you can’t really be effective as a CSM no matter what.
Time/Energy - All the knowledge in the world is wasted if you don’t show up for meetings, make yourself available and put in the work.
Knowledge/Experience - At the end of the day you need to know what you are talking about but also know when to not talk at all.
- Why are you applying for the CSM?
Good question…. It will be a lot of work for very little return… But i want to see eve succeed.
For those who want to know more details about me and “My EVE Online story”:
I decided to go with bullet points to not bore you guys to death and add at least a video from that time to give you an idea what I’m talking about. I hope you enjoy it
- Started playing and got into Faction Warfare pretty quickly
- Enjoyed the absolute chaos that were the early days of FW
- Dipped my toes into nullsec but RL got in the way and i had to take a break
- Friend talked me into coming back and joining his corp/alliance (The Initiative.)
- Corp CEO was crazy but alliance was great so i switched the corp within INIT.
- New corp (that i’m still in today) was all about PVP
- Learned a lot from the old guys
- Started getting competent at solo roaming and taking people along for the fun
- Didn’t realized i was already FCing
- Discovered my passion for theorycrafting (miss you EFT )
- Started out with RR domis as a proper config to FC
- Came up with RR Assault Frigs (config we use to this day in a similar way)
- Started running cloaky gangs called ninjas to play around in hostile stagings
- Ran tons of other smaller “more traditional” roams
VIDEO: DCON RR Kartoffeln (5:33 - German comms)
- Fleets became bigger and more alliance focused
- Lots of roams still but also stratops to take R64s and such
- Started running Bomber fleets more often as actual bombwings
VIDEO: Transformers (4:42)
- Discovered my love for booshing with a doctrine called snatch (it snatches people)
- Crafted a config known as Booshravens to fight hostile capitals (used to call them 3 Guide Ravens but GOT references make me sad now)
- Came up with “chemos” (Cloaky T3Cs to smartbomb ceptor fleets cause they were considered cancerous at the time)
- Came up with a doctrine called stukas (primarily a mobile bombing fleet at first)
- Started hunting caps with Stukas and kept developing/adding new stuff to the doctrine
- Experimented with other fun stuff like Heavy Stukas (blaster nagas)
- FCed the biggest eviction ever (Eviction of Rage)
- Got falsely accused, banned and unbanned (a unique experience i don’t wish on anyone)
- Got into streaming (mostly hunting fleets) and started a podcast Called “FC Chat”
- Added the new Kikimora to the Stukas and hunted even more
VIDEO: Heavy Stukas #1 (5:53)
- War happened (landed the biggest bombrun ever)
- Scarcity happened so i stopped hunting
- Focused more on streaming (including solo, small- and midscale fleets)
- Started running public fleets
- Focused a bit more on Pochven
If there are any questions left or you want to know my take on specific things always feels free to jump on my Discord or simply ask me in chat whenever I’m live on twitch!