Panic Buttons for ships that are targeted for Ganking

Said the troll.

The only thing that makes a thread a troll thread is how the people post in it. If you could just focus on the topic at hand for once in your life, some people might have heart attacks.

If you don’t have anything constructive to add, why not take a seat, a break and give your gums a rest?

last i knew Pedro, the ship using panic is stuck where it is, and the rest of the fleet can move but cant leave unless they slowboat 201km from the panic user…I might have to look up the module again and red up on it but i think thats how it works on Rorqs

1 Like

Yes, until it is finished though no? Once the PANIC is done, you could just be aligned and immediately warp the server tick you are vulnerable. If the Orca was truly immobilized, then perhaps there would be enough time to point it before it aligns and gets up to speed, but the fleet would be uncatchable.

A detail I guess that would need to be looked at but thanks for the info.

1 Like

I’ve thought about this. Pretty sure that all the capsuleers are being called intrusive here.
The Empires as a whole never really liked them, which is why CONCORD exists.

Because without CONCORD, they fear, we will bring destruction upon everything etc. etc.

I am quite happy to write that I have not a single ■■■■■■■ idea what they’re up to.
I didn’t catch any clues anywhere and I can’t think of a connection to EDENCOM/Triglavians.

ProTrig-Capsuleers aren’t any more or less intrusive than pro-EDENCOM Capsuleers.
All Capsuleers are intrusive … and there’s a connection to wormhole space.

I enjoy how there’s nothing to extrapolate from. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Highsec isn’t supposed to be 100% safe, eve is about playing a game of risk for reward, if your a brain amputee flying a ship you already can’t afford doing dumb things, you deserve to be killed. Autopiloting a freighter through .5 space with 5+ billion isk in cargo is an example of this.

CCP said to us that war decs were negatively impacting new players. Ganking has had the same impact on the new player experience, so lets balance the books again please ccp. The ganking we do is so much more profitable than war decs and far too easy. Ganking needs balancing again and you all know it.

Can you prove this? Because CCP disagrees with your assertion.

1 Like

This is a salt thread. Only it’s not me being salty about wardec nerfs for once…

1 Like

Most players get ganked either in certain systems and usually when they have low EHP that makes them easy to kill. War deccers can chase targets down, or in most cases sit on Jita 4-4 popping people as they come and go, its easier to get ganked once by a ganker and they move on vs being stuck not going to a major trade hub.

If your mad because war deccing is harder blame all the people who were mass deccing people just to shoot them in Jita. Gankers dont go after the same people over and over typically and alot of players learn how to avoid them. The only way to 100% avoid war deccers is never undock.

2 Likes

Then he’d have to blame himself.

Not having structures in ones current corp, actually.

1 Like

I was referring to before the changes to war decs, hence why they changed.

Oh! Sorry.

I think it’s a nice idea, such a panic button!

Seriously.

Obviously it should not include an invulnerability button like the panic module for the Rorqual, but an alternative could be nice:

Distress Signal button
(High slot, One time use)
Press button when in high sec space and target of an unlawful attack, to warn all ships in the constellation of the attack and ask for their help.

Mayday mayday, pirates are blowing up our ship on gate X in system Y, can anyone hear us? Please help if able, or save your own ship!

It’s would be a nice way to call out friendly ships to help or to stay clear of the pirates. And would add some flavour to flying in high sec space, when you get distress signals like this on your route while travelling.

1 Like

There’s plenty of good reasons why not to implement such a feature.

It would completely cut away a portion of anti-ganking content …
… because for all those potentially interested in fighting gankers …
… it would just turn into “press button, receive bacon”.

There’s little to no fun or satisfaction in that.
It will only attract assholes and haters.

Especially the haters will start whining about how they should be teleported to the gank.

Then there’s travel time.

Everyone around the location of the gank will react anyway, due to close proximity …
… or not react at all due to simply not looking or caring.

Everyone else is simply far away.
Being far away means the target’s dead when you arrive.

Example with low numbers:

Five seconds alignment +
five seconds of warp +
2 seconds decelleration = 12 Seconds = Target’s dead.

I write it this way, because that’s how I “see” it happening in my imagination.

Then there’s responsibility.

The button symbolizes offloading self-responsibility onto others. They will expect people to save them. They will expect to survive. With such a feature you will see people coming to the forums crying about how nobody came to save them, how useless the feature is and how their saviours should be teleported to the gank.

That’s what you will be seeing.

Btw, I’m not following you around. :smiley:
We just happen to be here at the same time. :smiley:

It would help anti-ganking content by making the ganks more visible and easy to react to.

Haters say the most ridiculous things anyway, so let’s ignore them? :stuck_out_tongue:

Yep, I’m not expecting this button to help people arrive faster.

I just want this button to create more awareness of the gank happening. Create more life in space! Warn others of ‘gank in progress’ instead of everyone just going on their merry way at the other side of the system.

Well, not that they care, they probably do go on their merry way at the other side of the system. But now they can smile because something is happening in their system and they are not the target.

And then there’s the slim chance anti-gankers are close and help you just a bit quicker because of this button, which is why people may be using it.

But mostly it’s just flavour!

Can’t blame you there, I happen to be pretty much everywhere on these forums lately. Maybe I should take a break…

No, it would not help anti-ganking because it makes them more visible and easy to react to!
You’re not thinking this through! You’re just stopping at the first thought!

That’s not what’s happening.

You’re not thinking this through at all. There’s no detail in your thoughts,
just the shallow reaction of “button pressed means people come, so it must be good!”

But all that aside …
… and also aside the fact that people will feel entitled to being rescued …
the target could just ask local for help.

If there was anyone interested in reacting to the button …
… they’d be equally interested in reacting to someone asking for help in local.

And even if I put that one aside as well …
you want to replace social interaction with a button-press.

No.

Not just local, the next door systems too.

And it wouldn’t be intended for anti-ganking, my intention is to make the universe more flavourful with distress signals everywhere. I prefer a well-written automated distress signal over a ‘help me im dying please’.

Stop taking drugs, mate.

2 Likes

I personally have all the known gank corps/alliances/individuals set to red so I can be alert to their arrival via Local already. Setting them is SOP for my corp/alliance, as is keeping local open when doing anything likely to attract gankers (and required for SRP for mining fleets, by the way). And AG players absolutely have them set up to be highly visible in local and overview so they can react quickly to arrival of targets.

For anyone who is following gank-reducing behaviors already, a panic button wouldn’t add anything for their gameplay - other than annoying alerts from players who we can’t help, and who are absolutely going to inevitably expect that this function should actually be doing something for them.

It seems like a net negative change, since it would be more likely to trigger additional salt from confused users than it would actually lead to more AG engagements or ‘flavor’ to gameplay. Everyone who doesn’t care will just mute the alerts (and if they aren’t mutable then there would be inevitable red-dot-style complaints).