Panic Buttons for ships that are targeted for Ganking

But this is because space is really … B … I … G …

To quote Sagan, “I’ll tell you one thing about the universe, though. The universe is a pretty big place. It’s bigger than anything anyone has ever dreamed of before…”

Based on this, 1. It’s not at all surprising that Starfleet ships are so spread out and distant from each other, and, 2. EVE is by comparison a bit like the Friday night rush hour in a busy city station.

:mouse:

Solving that is literally part of the idea. Its just too bad you are always in “kill the idea” mode rather than “imagine the possibilities” mode.

And you are not helping by completely failing to explain whatever in the world you are trying to say.

Your own words.

This is sort of like watching “Star Trek” and wondering why there are alarm buttons and distress beacons…couldn’t they just ask for help over a communicator?

NO. The point is speed, and typing in local takes time. It even takes time for people to notice the message. But a feature like this means one push of a button and people know exactly the emergency that needs responding to. Given features, they could even have a distress beacon to warp to. Further it could be made to flash on the screen of anyone who wants it to.

And there is more that could be done in order to thwart potential abuse and improve the speed of response to the point that ganks could be made to fail at least sometimes or at least make it easier to get a ganker kill after the fact, in other words, more PVP. But as usual you are in “can’t, won’t, and isn’t” mode and totally ignoring the spirit of this sub-section.

The fact remains. Ganking is too easy and does not cost much. Ccp does not touch in as most csm are null block focus and null blocks do alot of ganking with side groups. Ccp needs to look at the impact of ganking on player retention.

Did you ever ganked anyone with profit? Only people that claim that ganking is easy are salty victims. Try out ganking yourself then judge.

Notice the point about cost was by-passed.

That said, ganking is NOT easy. However, difficulty in doing does not make a thing right, even though it is one of the perpetual excuses for all sorts of horrific behavior…as in…“Do you know how much work I put into committing this crime? This crime takes skill! So respect my criminality!” Its amazing how many fall into that ideological tar pit.

But the real point is that BEING A GANKER, while it has its difficulties too, has an argument for being too easy. You can be a flashy red outlaw, and still you can dock, shop and tether most places and you can travel through gates if you are fast enough yet the authorities can stop an outlaw from cloaking and shut down their warp drives on a whim from the other side of the system. Yeah. Whatever.

Probably the greatest weapon gankers have is utter confusion about the way ganking and ganker mechanics work, cause they are fundamentally insane and difficult to keep straight unless you are laser focused on memorizing them…which is another thing that will be used to excuse the behavior…the difficulty of learning how it works.

Don’t compare game to RL.

While I would like to see some restrictions on known criminals in empire space. No matter how many restrictions you will make. There is no limits that alt can’t bypass.

again, it’s only a game. Calling ganking crime is “ideological tar pit”.

ps. I’m not a ganker…

Cost is one half of the equation of profit is it not?

Yes it is. It takes organization and can be a lot of fun, but it isn’t difficult.

Fact: The point about cost was by-passed by the person I quoted.

STOP using my quotes out of context.

Your opinion to cherish.

The exact quote you quoted was specifically about profit, which includes the cost aspect.

Nothing was out of context.

How many ganks have you done?

I know the answer, so basically your opinion means nothing as usual, because you are writing about stuff you have no clue about.

Games tend to mimic real life. If they didn’t, we could not understand them enough to play them at all.

So we have some agreement?

So you think all restrictions thus far have been fruitless?

They could be reduced to making ALTS forever. That would amount to quite a backdoor restriction.

Its not that simple. People invest real money and real heart in this game. Online harassment has real world effects, even through the medium of a game. And that is why its not “anything goes” neither in game nor on the forum. EVE pushes the limits for online griefing and “its only a game” is a weak excuse when you know full well how much psychological pain is inflicted on some people who, yes, should not even be playing EVE. But they are.

What I said concerned only the fact the person I quoted bypassed it. There was no need to quote me at all as it was unrelated to what I said. Therefore, it was out of context and also misleading.

You should have quoted the person who brought profit up, which was not me.

No you don’t know the answer because you don’t know my ALTs.

And your opinion on what is hard FOR OTHER PEOPLE is NOT vastly superior for (maybe) more direct experience alone nor does my opinon “mean nothing”. Some sort of poll or study would be vastly superior.

You can also take your ridiculously arrogant “means nothing” and shove it up your rude out-of-context posterior if you can figure out which end that is. Really, who the F you think you are, telling people their opinion means nothing?

This is what you quoted:

Profit = Income - Cost

Cost is in exactly what you quoted, so it wasn’t bypassed at all.

Yes I do know, because you claimed it is “NOT easy”. That alone showed you have no clue what you are talking about.

It takes organisation, but isn’t difficult. The victims act so stupidly that they almost invite ganks to happen.

Profit does NOT equal cost! Therefore, the poster bypassed cost! Its OBVIOUS.

You don’t know crap from Shinola.

I know a lot about ganking, and some of it comes from reading comments here from GANKERS. I have also made ganks fail which shows the difficulty.

I suspect your entire purpose in claiming its not hard is so you can be even more arrogant and full of your own small minded self as you have been since I first encountered your loud, bossy, over-confident, big mouthed self.

Why don’t you just take seat and reflect on your own behavior for once in your life?

I got in trouble for saying what sort of criminal that excuse sounds like. No shock its coming from you.

What does profit involve?

If you can’t give a realistic answer to that, you are either dishonest, an idiot, or both.

It’s simple.

Wait, you didn’t tell me you had book smarts… :crazy_face:

See, clueless.

Hahaha. Ah… no.

It IS. Profit does NOT equal cost! Why in the HELL can’t you just admit that and move on? Damn your stupid pride. You were out of context and should have quoted the other person but not me. Figure it out.

Haha. Yes. You weren’t there. So shut up about what you don’t know about.

I never said it did idiot.

LMAO!!!

REading or listening to instructions about things in this game is way different from doing.

I tell people all the time as im making their eyes glass over from my lectures, that you can do what you want, but if you want to do the things im talking about, that YOU have to DO them to get experience cause just reading or listening to others will not do you squat.

Don’t parse my comments. Its stupid and rude. I clearly said, in the part you chopped off, that it was from those who are doing.

Smarten up and cram your LMAO.

So you admit you were in error in quoting me.

I would applaud you if you could do that more directly, you know…like a man.

Profit: income after costs.

@Lis_Torin’s point being that unless you have tried ganking for profit, you are not in a position to estimate the costs of ganking for profit - in subscriptions, ISK, time, or effort. Lis specifically invited @Natural_CloneKiller to give it a try before making the claim that the costs are too low.

1 Like