Patch Notes for March 2020 Releases

The problem is we play EVE but CCP plays spoon game.

1 Like

In other words :red_circle:
The CCP plays with us the classic givemeurass game where 2 guys hit each other buttocks and then the one who guessed who’s hit him gives next blow so:

The first guy hits the second, the second says “you hit me”, the first guy confirms “yes”, the second “then, it’s my turn” and hits the first. The first guy says “you hit me” but the second guy denies “no I did not, so again it’s my turn” and hits the first stronger. The first guy confused says “if you did not hit me then it must have been me”, the second guy with a smile says “no, and it’s my turn again” and hits the first guy with the full force so he’s got enough of the game.

that is more or less how EVE looks now. Devs vs. players.

Welcome to March April’s Fool.

2 Likes

A couple of defect fixes coming in with today’s deployment:

Defect Fixes
Audio & Graphics:

• Fixed visibility of VFX on the Gila with the Abyssal thunderstorm SKIN applied.

Localization:

• Fixed strings not updating properly in the corp wallet.

PvE:

• Resolved NPC spawn issues from a number of combat sites (such as some of the Havens and Sanctum sites)
2 Likes

What about Gas Havens?

Yup. Just got it in now :slight_smile: Updating relevant pages with:

PvE:

• Resolved NPC spawn issues from a number of combat sites (such as some of the Havens and Sanctum sites)
3 Likes

Your post was legit, up to the second sentence. You’ll get farther with CCP with just the first sentence, than by casting salt and vinegar. Regardless, many players still refer to moons by the old classifications.

1 Like

When is this going to get fixed because havens in our systems are cleared and still remain past 48 hours

Are you sure? I had done 25 Havens (gas /rock) yesterday and none was bugged.

My launcher refuses to keep accounts (need to login at every start).

rip Serpentis Score / Sansha Score room 1 pyrox field manna from heaven for L4/mining newbies.

I feel bad for newer bros that were getting accustomed to mining the good schtuff in 0.5 sec HS, but… there was a time before this was in the game, so… it’s kinda back to that.

And yes, the belts are often stripped dry by the NPC miners, but I believe I saw something in some update news in the past couple weeks about them toning down the NPC miner m3/sec a bit? maybe that will help.

In the meantime… mine moar anoms, really… or trig ore from trig sites.

1 Like

Good day,

Today’s patch notes are now available.

Features & Changes
Events:

• The Hunt has begun! This event will run from 6 April to 21 April
    • Mysterious brightly colored Guristas Capsules are appearing all over New Eden! These capsules can be found at planets, moons, asteroid belts, and stargates. They are detectable through directional scanners and probe scanners.
      • When destroyed, each of these capsules will drop a Guristas Hunt Acceleration Gate Key required to pass to the final section of the Hunt and Huntmaster Outpost sites.
    • The new Guristas Hunt Outpost and Guristas Huntmaster Outpost sites are also appearing. These sites only allow access for T1 and T2 Frigates and Destroyers, and reaching the final room of these sites requires an acceleration gate key obtained from the mysterious capsules.
    • The Guristas Hunt Outpost sites can be found all over New Eden (Highsec, Lowsec, Nullsec, and W-Space).
      • Destroy the advanced fighter in the final area for a chance at valuable loot including implants, skins, clothing, modules, and blueprints for the powerful Gecko drone!
    • The Guristas Huntmaster Outpost sites are appearing in large numbers within Caldari Lowsec space and in lower numbers within the Venal region.
      • These more difficult sites also contain more valuable rewards including blueprints for the new Hydra implant set.
  • During the Hunt event, capsuleer capsules will have a 50% chance of dropping as loot each of the implants that normally would have been destroyed by the capsule destruction.

Implants:

• The new Guristas Hydra implant set has been introduced. This implant set improves range and precision of both drone and missile weapon systems. Hydra implants have no effect on fighters.

• Blueprint copies for the Hydra implants will initially be available through loot drops from the Huntmaster Outpost sites in Caldari Lowsec and Venal.

• Low-grade Hydra Alpha: +2 Perception, 1% bonus to drone tracking speed, drone optimal range, drone falloff range, missile flight time, and missile explosion velocity with 2.5% set bonus
    • Low-grade Hydra Beta: +2 Memory, 1.5% bonus to drone tracking speed, drone optimal range, drone falloff range, missile flight time, and missile explosion velocitywith 2.5% set bonus
    • Low-grade Hydra Gamma: +2 Willpower, 2% bonus to drone tracking speed, drone optimal range, drone falloff range, missile flight time, and missile explosion velocity with 2.5% set bonus
    • Low-grade Hydra Delta: +2 Intelligence, 2.5% bonus to drone tracking speed, drone optimal range, drone falloff range, missile flight time, and missile explosion velocity with 2.5% set bonus
    • Low-grade Hydra Epsilon: +2 Charisma, 3% bonus to drone tracking speed, drone optimal range, drone falloff range, missile flight time, and missile explosion velocity with 2.5% set bonus
    • Low-grade Hydra Omega 10% set bonus
    • Mid-grade Hydra Alpha: +3 Perception, 1% bonus to drone tracking speed, drone optimal range, drone falloff range, missile flight time, and missile explosion velocity with 10% set bonus
    • Mid-grade Hydra Beta: +3 Memory, 1.5% bonus to drone tracking speed, drone optimal range, drone falloff range, missile flight time, and missile explosion velocity with 10% set bonus
    • Mid-grade Hydra Gamma: +3 Willpower, 2% bonus to drone tracking speed, drone optimal range, drone falloff range, missile flight time, and missile explosion velocity with 10% set bonus
    • Mid-grade Hydra Delta: +3 Intelligence, 2.5% bonus to drone tracking speed, drone optimal range, drone falloff range, missile flight time, and missile explosion velocity with 10% set bonus
    • Mid-grade Hydra Epsilon: +3 Charisma, 3% bonus to drone tracking speed, drone optimal range, drone falloff range, missile flight time, and missile explosion velocity with 10% set bonus
    • Mid-grade Hydra Omega 25% set bonus
    • High-grade Hydra Alpha: +4 Perception, 1% bonus to drone tracking speed, drone optimal range, drone falloff range, missile flight time, and missile explosion velocity with 15% set bonus
    • High-grade Hydra Beta: +4 Memory, 1.5% bonus to drone tracking speed, drone optimal range, drone falloff range, missile flight time, and missile explosion velocity with 15% set bonus
    • High-grade Hydra Gamma: +4 Willpower, 2% bonus to drone tracking speed, drone optimal range, drone falloff range, missile flight time, and missile explosion velocity with 15% set bonus
    • High-grade Hydra Delta: +4 Intelligence, 2.5% bonus to drone tracking speed, drone optimal range, drone falloff range, missile flight time, and missile explosion velocity with 15% set bonus
    • High-grade Hydra Epsilon: +4 Charisma, 3% bonus to drone tracking speed, drone optimal range, drone falloff range, missile flight time, and missile explosion velocity with 15% set bonus
    • High-grade Hydra Omega 50% set bonus
  • The ‘Valdimar’ drone and fighter hardwiring implants have been introduced. These are initially available in the Hunt event:

• Black Market ‘Valdimar’ Drone Navigation DN-701: 1% increase in drone and fighter max velocity
    • Black Market ‘Valdimar’ Drone Navigation DN-703: 3% increase in drone and fighter max velocity
    • Black Market ‘Valdimar’ Drone Navigation DN-705: 5% increase in drone and fighter max velocity
    • Black Market ‘Valdimar’ Drone Sharpshooting DS-801: 1% increase in drone and fighter optimal range
    • Black Market ‘Valdimar’ Drone Sharpshooting DS-803: 3% increase in drone and fighter optimal range
    • Black Market ‘Valdimar’ Drone Sharpshooting DS-805: 5% increase in drone and fighter optimal range
    • Black Market ‘Valdimar’ Repair Drone Operation DR-901: 1% increase in drone repair amount
    • Black Market ‘Valdimar’ Repair Drone Operation DR-903: 3% increase in drone repair amount
    • Black Market ‘Valdimar’ Repair Drone Operation DR-905: 5% increase in drone repair amount
    • Black Market ‘Valdimar’ Drone Durability DD-1001: 1% increase in drone and fighter hit points
    • Black Market ‘Valdimar’ Drone Durability DD-1003: 3% increase in drone and fighter hit points
    • Black Market ‘Valdimar’ Drone Durability DD-1005: 5% increase in drone and fighter hit points

Miscellaneous:

• The Loyalty to Lowsec event has completed:
    • The 2au/s bonus to warp speed in low security space has ended
    • The increased pvp loot drop rate in low security space has ended
3 Likes

Ok, so we have to do an actual Easter Egg hunt to find and then break the Eggs to get a key that allows access to the final room of Guristas Hunt sites.

1. Will the Directional Scanner give ability of 100% warp to these Eggs like Core Probes?

2. Will the actual Guristas Hunt sites be marked with Celestial Beacons in the Overview?

3. How many rooms and NPC Defenders will be encountered in these sites?

4. Are the Advanced Fighter’s in the final room coded to be like Level 4 Burner Frigates?

5. Will the ‘Valdimar’ drone and fighter hardwiring implants be available in all Event sites?

Just try it already -.-

Love to see a new supply of Geckos! I will probably try the new event, even though the number of reasons to reactivate Omega status on my accounts still stands at zero.

2 Likes

:red_circle: Can we please disable this huge splashscreen when a new thing is introduced? It blocks the client from completely loading after logging in. Instead of becoming operational, the client stays in grayed-out mode and you cannot do anything until you click away the huge splashscreen. And even then you still get a black screen for loading the game to completion.

If people want to see these announcements ingame, fine, but I do not need them to know what is going on. They should be in the agency when I open it and not in an extra screen that just blocks the client from functioning.

2 Likes

Highsec Sites - Guristas Hunt Outpost

• D-Scan Tab Preset --> Overview Settings -> “Tab Presets” tab --> “Types” subtab --> “Irregular Capsule” (deselct everything else if you don’t want to have to hunt through a billion D-scan entries)
  • Haven’t used probes yet, but I’d guess that you need combat probes.
  • Capsules follow a naming scheme “Mysterious [Color] Capsule”
  • Kill capsule and loot gate key
  • Capsules can spawn outside of systems with event sites
  • It is possible that even sites can spawn outside outside of systems with capsule (it’s also possible that someone killed the capsule, but didn’t run the site)
  • First gate is ungaurded and unlocked. Haven’t tested maximum ship size, but I read somewhere that the event was designed for frigates and destroyers
  • First room will spawn multiple waves of 3-5 ships. Mostly frigs and destroyers, with the occasional cruiser. Stats can all be found on hoboleaks, but they shouldn’t pose a challenge to anyone outside of newbros.
  • Haven’t tested to see if you need to kill all the ships or not, but you definitely need a gatekey from a capsule to get through the second gate.
  • Final room contains a single frig, which provides the main loot drop.
  • Main loot drop included Guristas Skins, Overseer effects, avatar cosmetics, and C3-A Ballistic Control System, however the drop rate for goodies appears a little low.
  • Only generic loot observed to drop from all other ships.
  • Guristas Bunkers are the only destroyable structures. They have a very small chance of dropping generic loot.
  • Got by with 1x Small T2 Armor Rep and 1x EANM, but I have max tanking skills and a lot of spank for quickly removing ships from the grid. Your mileage may vary.
  • Didn’t pay very good attention to ewar, but remember seeing a scram on at least the final rat.
  • Definitely seems like a newbro oriented event.
  • Expect to find a lot of sites with only the first room done until people learn how to unlock the second gate.
  • Oh yeah, gate key only works for one ship and is consumed upon use
4 Likes

Cause it seems that you have to make sure you have tweaked your Overview settings to show “Irregular capsule” entities in space or unless you select ALL these won’t show on dscan.

Best I could manage on Combat probing them down was to 42.9% … warped to something near where it seemed and could see it waaaaaay out tho couldn’t warp to it. Lucky it was at a planet warp in.

Shame that the key doesn’t unlock the gate for a party like gate keys normally do … tried it and only the one ship the had the key in cargo was able to warp thru (lucky that wasn’t a weaponless or low DPS scout ship!)

That guy tanked well but I managed to kill him b4 tank failed … and all for a bit of crap loot.

Lots of nonsense again in this event as usual it seems then.

1 Like

Well, it does appear to be designed for newbros, so the gatekey only working for one ship and the meager loot drops were probably done to dissuade older, dual-boxing vets from out competing all the newbros. So, not the best event for vets, but I think it’s good for newbros. It’s pretty damn easy, has decent loot for a newbro, and will hopefully teach some guys how to use D-scan and/or combat probes effectively.

1 Like