PC game market is shrinking and competition is growing

Eve’s survival or demise will have a lot more to do with it’s design decisions than the gaming market.

3 Likes

Also the only “competition” EVE had for a while was Perpettum (or however that game is spelled, the robot mech sci-fi thing). And we see where that currently is.

1 Like

Well, if you do decide to go this route, make sure you cycle through alts and bring the exact same topic up over and over again with a few of the words changed (like a naughty schoolchild copying their friend’s homework). Also make sure to use their own tactics against them, such as ignoring anyone who consistently brings-up irrefutable points against you, or otherwise ignore the irrefutable point and pick a seperate part of their post to reply to instead, in a vain attempt to dodge it.

I’m not sure the last part is do-able as I’ve yet to see any of their ilk bring a good argument to the table.

You are too kind, my friend. Your posts are one of the few things that keep me coming back to this old forum after all these years.

3 Likes

I misquoted, but tbh I hold to the misquote too.

Bravo.

1 Like

Be careful, you might never get rid of her.

1 Like

it troo, altes are badd

3 Likes

Awwww that’s one of the nicest lies I’ve heard in years! Thank you! :smiley:

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

4 Likes

Well, if you do decide to go this route, make sure you cycle through alts and bring the nearly exact same topic up over and over again with a few of the words changed (like a naughty schoolchild copying their friend’s homework). Also make sure to use their own tactics against them, such as ignoring anyone who consistently brings-up irrefutable points against you, or otherwise ignore the irrefutable point and pick a seperate part of their post to reply to instead, in a vain attempt to dodge it.

I’m not sure the last part is do-able as I’ve yet to see any of their ilk bring a good argument to the table.

See this is the sort of thing i’m talking about, total copy cat!

Hold on a second… you weren’t talking about me, oh fore-shame & confusion! :hushed:

HaHA! That’s what he said! < giggles >

… Seriously now… am I doin it right? :smiley:

Regards,
Cypr3ss.

3 Likes

Topic Moved to Out of Pod Experience

2 Likes

Yes, however, cellphones are becoming more powerful than many desktop computers.
By the way, cellphones are also PC since PC means personal computer, and not desktop.
A desktop PC is not the same thing as a PC even though a desktop PC also is a PC.
The difference between a desktop PC and a PC is that the first is a Desktop and the second is not.

People have a subconcious tendencies to disregard the obvious as evidence and to try to team up with others to get around the facts, as if there would be a risk of potential conspiracy or some other form of risk, whcih by the way, is a very similar form of risk for which they are led to believe that it is good for them to get paid to prevent and solve as a problem, although fictitious, as if some kind of virtual reality.

While it can be nice to get a nice 30 years income from creating systems which are imaginary and not real, there are some rather psychological consequence one might face, such as the above.

Oh by the way, the potential conspiracy, it turned out IBM was charged of anti-trust a long time before Microsoft got a deal with them to offer them an Operating System.

Edit:
Additionally, while it may be nice to use a cellphone more powerful than a desktop, it is more complicated because the screen is smaller.
It causes the programmer to be unable to see a larger portion of the screen on which he programs and for which he does program indeed.

2ndly, most of the cellphone systems will have a problem when it comes down to actually do the compiling for the program in question.
For some reason , the architecture is more designed to run program than to code them.

That means that , when the device is used to code, perhaps connected to an external monitor which would solve the small screen problem, or, perhaps connected to an external keyboard which would further solve the problem of having a keyboard input system which would be too small to allow a level of control which would be better to or equal to a larger keyboard system, the system will start to work with a little bit more problems.

The processing of data will become slower, and routines which are loaded in memory to do the coding and programming will interfere against the cellphone functionment.

The same thing happens on desktop PC however, + if you use a desktop PC on which you program for gaming , you will very likely experience the same potential problems issues.

3rdly, since most systems are not based so much on scientific facts yet, rather than using new high-end systems to make new programs which require more resources and sell more hardware, it doesn’t really account on how to make new program with computers or systems which are over 3 years old.

Then, you can start to experience what I refer to as , problems caused from new systems which bring in more taxes, and disregard problem they cause which they falsely claim to solve.

In other words, the solution to a problem causes more problem, which , while it is one of Murphy’s Law, also is scientific programming fact, which also means that your solution is not secure and not good enough, and that a better and more secured solution should be created even if that means to detect undue attempts at trying to coerce a good program and better program into cause false problems which are not really problems, but, so to justify ill gain (such as the cases of anti-trust, which are not bases on virtue, but which are rather based on vice, and also based on the fact that, since there was nothing wrong recorded, and since that all recording or attempt to record wrongs against the problem were erased and denied to be recorded, it means they are good -and in virtue, even though they are not -and are vicious; and the ones who are good are unfairly prosecuted, further giving rise to anti-trust, and attacks against what is of virtue to the benefit of vice, but that is nothing new , it was bound to happen once).

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.