Peasant options for sub 1s warp

Are there any non-AT ships capable of sub 1s warp? I know the Imp and Chremoas both can do sub 1s but are there any peasant options out there, apart from a pod?

You can’t be tackled at 2 seconds or less, so why try to go that low?

You can be tackled at 2s or less if your sig radius/their scan res is high enough, AND they have low latency AND they get lucky with spamming their clicks.

Just curious about what ships can completely avoid 5k mm scan res gatecamps

1 Like

I think the hecate can do it, in propulsion mode.

Can confirm, hecate easily reaches sub 1s even without a 3b nomad set, thanks! Now i’ll get to transporting 90 cormack’s dcu’s

I wonder if that can be reliably pulled off without automation, though.

Where will this be taking place?

Automation has nothing to do with it. Somebody pops up on your overview and you have a full 1 second tick to start your target lock. Reliability may be an issue, though.

1 Like

I thought it was like this:

Each period is one server tick, start to finish.

|-----1-----|-----2-----|-----3-----|-----4-----|-----5-----|

So say for a 1.90 second warp time…

You warp during period 1, which sends a command to the server that uncloaks you at the start of period 2, and begins the warp timer, which lasts right up until the end of period 3. The server then initiates warp at the start of period 4.

Meanwhile, the tackler sees you appear in space at the beginning of period 2, which is when the warp command initiates. Let’s say they react instantly, and send the targeting command during period 2 (doesn’t matter when). The server interprets that command, and initiates targeting at the beginning of period 3. Assuming that targeting is also instant, the ship should be targeted at the beginning of period 4, at the same time it enters warp. But the tackling itself isn’t concurrent with targeting (since you can’t activate a module on a target that isn’t locked), so the tackling command gets sent to the server, and initiated at the beginning of period 5.

This is how I’ve always interpreted it. Maybe a dev can chime in…

these two sum it up pretty nicely
3 Likes

Interesting, but one thing that instantly jumps at me is that it’s being shown that actions are completed within the confines of a server tick, and I’m not sure whether or not that’s the case.

Also, I wonder if the margin isn’t necessarily attributed to the scan resolution/signature radius relationship. What’s likely happening sometimes, because servers/networks aren’t perfect, is that some particular commands can get delayed by a tick, which would make it possible for someone who warps too fast to be tackled, mathematically, to actually get tackled.

So here’s the technical question for CCP: do all timers start at the beginning of ticks, or is there a calculation that accounts for actual milliseconds or microseconds within a tick? From what I’ve heard before, it’s the former, in which case my model above holds true, and if not, then it’s possible to have various degrees of overlap to be able to tackle a sub-2s align time.

I remain highly skeptical of the official story that aligning from a standstill always takes the amount of time shown in the fitting window. I have seen plenty of times when it took an extra second. That may be the real benefit of a sub 1 second align time - you get a margin for error.

Even if having Jackal implants?

There are no peasant options for sub <1s align time. If there were, that’d be the standard go-to. Cough up for the Shadow stabbed Hecate + EM-703.

[Hecate, EM-703 + Propulsion Mode]
Shadow Serpentis Inertial Stabilizers

EM Shield Hardener II
Republic Fleet Medium Shield Extender
Republic Fleet Medium Shield Extender
Multispectrum Shield Hardener II

Small Low Friction Nozzle Joints II

First off, anything under 1b is extremely peasant for a sub 1s, considering the AT options are over 400b

Also I have something similar but I maxxed out on peasant

[Hecate, EM-703 + LG Nomad Alpha + LG Nomad Gamma + Propulsion Mode]
Inertial Stabilizers II
Inertial Stabilizers II
Inertial Stabilizers II
Inertial Stabilizers II

EM Shield Hardener II
Medium Shield Extender II
Medium Shield Extender II
Multispectrum Shield Hardener II

According to my investigations, if you are using various combinations of Nomads, the following ships can technically achieve sub-second align times. Costs per build, not including the Nomads, vary widely.
Atron
Astero
Daredevil
Hecate

I’m sure there are others; but I personally prefer the Daredevil. I have field tested the hecate and daredevil and chose the Daredevil, due to the reactions of other pilots.

I have had sub two second aligning ships destroyed while flying them.

Align time saves you on one side of the gate, but you need EHP for the smart bombs on the other side

1 Like

Some stuff is explicitly, confirmed by CCP, as intra-tick. Damage and reps are both calculated with their actual time stamps, the updates are just sent out on server ticks. This is why reps and damage are, for all practical intents and purposes, added up within the tick they fall on.

Based on that post, and my own testing (which I admit is years old, and foggily remembered) the lock time is also calculated within a tick, which is why a lock time that ends before the start of the next tick allows you to lock a ship whose warp time is “1 < warp time < 2”

This almost always will work in favor of the person trying to escape. They won’t decloak for an observer until their command reaches the server and is sent out to clients. That could be delayed getting to the server, but then they simply don’t decloak for the attacker for another second as well, and since they’ve hit warp then the only things left to be delayed are the packet being sent to the attacker and the attacker’s response packet back.

My understanding is no, most things happen at tick intervals, but some actions in combat are calculated within a tick using their actual time.

For example in this case we know the warp command is processed on the tick, and I believe the warp scram happens on a tick, so if I have a 1.8 second align time and you have a .8 second lock time, then I still get away if the combined ping and reaction time is greater than .2 seconds, because then I’ll warp at the second tick, breaking your lock and preventing the scram from going off.

The value in the fitting window makes some assumptions. It’s possible to align faster than that value, though this is only noticeable on very slow ships and in specific circumstances.

If your ship is moving at all then there’s time required to cancel velocity, swing the ship around, ect. If you’re not moving then the align time should be fairly accurate. For very fast ships the delay seems to be purely one of the packet coming from the server to your client, the server still sees you as warping when you should have.

For reference, for very very slow aligning ships, if you have some velocity you can align faster than your stated align time if you can cause the ship to swing around past its intended align vector and then stop it once it’s pointing the correct direction. This will cause it to more quickly cancel your existing momentum and get pointed the new direction, but it only works when the direction of travel isn’t completely opposite your existing direction (obviously if it’s in the same direction your align will already be fairly fast). This is mostly useful for aligning out of station docking to warp to something else in the system.

Sunesis?

You’re putting too much emphasis on the one-second-interval.

What happens when you click warp in the middle of a tick?
What about “lag mitigation”, where the client pretends the server responded already?

The “tick” is when the server sends data back to the respective clients on grid. Why would there be decimal points for align time, when the server just rounds it to the next whole second anyway? It’d be a gigantic waste of database space to store literally billions of floating points. They could have just used a byte, instead of a (now 64bit wide) floating point.

I’ve known a guy in Hek who taught me how to instaundock. By “taught” I mean he managed to catch my pod almost every single ■■■■■■■ time and it cost me BattleCruiser V, because one time I forgot to renew my clone. It was so remarkable that, the next time I’ve seen him in Hek, I’ve stopped undocking.

Now you might say “it probably was a crappy bookmark”, but it wasn’t. I’ve been instaundocking in bigger things than pods hundreds of times before that and rarely ever had any issues. It was a crappy bookmark for dealing with him, but for the vast majority of people it was perfectly sufficient.

Yeah, there’s a guy in my alliance who lives close to the servers in England(?) (that’s where the servers are, right?), and he consistently catches almost every instawarp ceptor that tries to go through his system.