Personal portrait ( in game )

Maybe you should try again, third time’s a charm right? :wink:

and I do thank you for the isk, oh faceless one

m

1 Like

Luckily I don’t think the body resculpt is affected - even though the portrait reverted, my character is still wearing the new clothes that I used for the new portrait.

It’s not the character that is reverting, merely the picture.

2 Likes

Same here my clothes are right when I go back into body resculpt. But it still reverts if I logoff or stay on long enough.

Having this problem as well. Submitted a bug report. Character screen updates my clothing/character model changes but I can’t get my portrait to update. Portrait was updated once but reverted to my old one when I accidentally resized the menu bar.

1 Like

the problem persists and is too in evewho.com zkillboard.com and other sites. New characters have not portrait.

2 Likes

What the Flinstones say?
HILMAAAAAAAAAAR !!!

1 Like

It would be great to get even just an acknowledgement that this is being looked at :face_with_monocle:

3 Likes

This is an incredibly frustrating bug. I’ve been trying to get my avatar to update for days now. Cleared cache. Re-installed client. To no avail.

2 Likes

They have serious problems in development. As someone say somewherehere or reddit, in a normal business this cause pople go fired or under observation.

The principal problem here are :

• Bad QA
  • Bad communication
  • One week to solve or more.
2 Likes

Bump.

New players or returning (like myself) portraits don’t even show up at all. Even if you clear the cache, reinstall, etc etc. Hopefully it’s looked into soon.

Tried again yesterday, bug still exists.

1 Like

Been trying for days, and the bug persists. I never had to deal with something like this in an RPG for this long before, usually this kind of thing gets fixed so quick. Perhaps there is a good reason for the delay, however it is worrying.

1 Like

The biggest issue is not the bug, but the lack of a response.

Is CCP aware of this bug?

It’s a pretty huge bug, affecting the first impression of many new players. "Why do I have no portrait? Why does it revert every time?"

1 Like

Would help if more people would submit bug reports. Yelling on here won’t do much good. I’ve had responses from CCP about it

Did a bug report at first, posted in the ‘known issues’ thread tagging CCP Dopamine, posted in here…

I would have expected some response like ‘oh that seems like a bug’, or ‘Thats a known bug, we’re working on it’.

1 Like

I´m huge fan of EVE but… this is a classic. Developers focus on:
-Atract new players with videos showing something has nothing to do with the EVE play system.
-Nerfing the old player´s isk income.
This bug may last hours, days, months or even years. Hope for the former, prepare for the last.

Is it fixed yet ???

2 Likes

When I last checked (before today’s downtime):

No, still bugged.

1 Like

Confirmed, been trying this week as well as this morning with no luck changing the portrait.

3 Likes