Personality Experiment

In the interest of some fun, let’s do a community experiment. There are many personality assessment tools out there, but only one has shown predictive validity and been scientifically supported through repeated experiments. This is known as the Big 5. It assesses you on 5 traits.

So here’s the idea. Each of us take a short assessment of our personality, then post our results along with our playstyle/profession, preferred region of space(highsec, lowsec, nullsec, wspace), and any other side-professions we engage in. If you are worried about using this for intelligent gathering, roll up an alpha and post on that. I probably should have myself but eh. It’s all in good fun.

The test:
http://www.personalityassessor.com/bigfive/

Note: You CAN take another’s test if you’d prefer. There are tons on google. But to minimize noise, I’d prefer we all use the same test. There are more accurate tests with 300 questions, but the degree of variation is still fairly low even with shorter assessments. If you use another different one for whatever reason, please post a link to the one you used. Also, you can list more than one under the non-trait categories if you are evenly split. Same for regions.

Template:

Primary Playstyle:
Preferred Region:
Secondary Playstyles:
Extraversion:
Agreeableness:
Conscientiousness:
Neuroticism:
Openness:

A short description of the 5 traits follows:

Extraversion is your tendency to put yourself out there, engage with others and overall energy levels. It is a measure of how positive your mood is, typically. Those who are reserved or cautious are typically Introverted.

Agreeableness is how much you like to work with others, or care about others feelings or wellbeing. Agreeable people are compassionate and have trouble detaching from others emotionally.

Conscientiousness is how orderly you are. Those high in this are reliable, organized, and tend to be good at managing their life. They are not messy or scatterbrained.

Neuroticism is your tendency to worry, feel anxiety, or otherwise be affected in a negative way by your experiences. People who are neurotic typically have personality disorders in one form or another.

Final note: I’m also posting this on some other gaming forums. If anyone here plays Overwatch I also posted it there. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Primary Playstyle: Ninja/Thief
Preferred Region: Highsec, Lowsec, W-Space
Secondary Playstyles: Exploration, Daytrading, Solo/Small Gang PvP
Extraversion: 14
Agreeableness: 54
Conscientiousness: 1
Neuroticism: 91
Openness: 88

1 Like

Strange experiment but what the hell, I did it:

Primary Playstyle: PvE, Exploration, Missions
Preferred Region: High Sec, Low Sec
Secondary Playstyles: RP, Manufacturing, Trade
Extraversion - 81st percentile - very high
Agreeableness - 34th percentile - low
Conscientiousness - 57th percentile - about average
Neuroticism - 13th percentile - very low
Openness - 70th percentile - high

1 Like

Gonna give this thread a little love tap.

I dont understand what a lot of the questions have to do with the outcome.

Primary Playstyle: “guarding” the citadel
Preferred Region: wormspace and whereever it leads me
Secondary Playstyles: shooting people
Extraversion: 26%
Agreeableness: 14%
Conscientiousness: 63%
Neuroticism: 26%
Openness: 75%

1 Like

Primary Playstyle: artist/exotic dancer (female)
Preferred Region: Highsec, Lowsec, W-Space, but i can get anywhere.
Secondary Playstyles: Exploration

Extraversion - 55th percentile - about average
Agreeableness - 61st percentile - high
Conscientiousness - 51st percentile - about average
Neuroticism - 67th percentile - high
Openness - 88th percentile - very high

2 Likes

Primary Playstyle: Ninja/Thief
Preferred Region: Highsec, Lowsec, W-Space
Secondary Playstyles: Exploration, Solo/Small Gang, PVE

Extraversion - 2nd percentile - extremely low
Agreeableness - 34th percentile - low
Conscientiousness - 32nd percentile - low
Neuroticism - 42nd percentile - about average
Openness - 31st percentile - low

1 Like

Primary Playstyle: Carnivorous Sheep
Preferred Region: Highsec, Wormholes
Secondary Playstyles: PvP

Extraversion - 6th percentile - extremely low
Agreeableness - 3rd percentile - extremely low
Conscientiousness - 87th percentile - very high
Neuroticism - 61st percentile - high
Openness - 80th percentile - very high

2 Likes

Primary Playstyle: Sociopath
Preferred Region: Sociopath
Secondary Playstyles: Sociopath
Extraversion - Sociopath
Agreeableness - Sociopath
Conscientiousness - Sociopath
Neuroticism - Sociopath
Openness - Sociopath

Do I win?

2 Likes

LOL

Primary Playstyle: Solo PvP
Preferred Region: Syndicate
Secondary Playstyles: Explorer
Extraversion - 81st percentile - very high
Agreeableness - 78th percentile - very high
Conscientiousness - 51st percentile - about average
Neuroticism - 3rd percentile - extremely low
Openness - 94th percentile - extremely high

1 Like

“Highly functioning Sociopath” :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Primary Playstyle: PvP
Preferred Region: wherever there are targets
Secondary Playstyles: exploration
Extraversion: 8%
Agreeableness: 41%
Conscientiousness: 57%
Neuroticism: 59%
Openness: 64%

Meh… Nothing new to me.

1 Like

ITT

2 Likes

Primary Playstyle: Solo PvP
Preferred Region: Derelik/Stain/Khanid
Secondary Playstyles: Exploration//Help Chat/Lore Diving
Extraversion: 6th percentile - extremely low
Agreeableness: 14th percentile - very low
Conscientiousness: 22nd percentile - very low
Neuroticism: 94th percentile - extremely high
Openness: 16th percentile - very low

I mean I expected a spread like this, but I didn’t expect to hit such extremes lol

1 Like

If anyone is interested in stuff like this check out the myers-briggs persoanlity test. Its based off the 16 personality archetypes identified by carl jung. It is a much more specific a personality test.

(Begins test)
(Caucasian or Hispanic? Guess that as a Spaniard, I would be called a Caucasian? Maybe? We don’t start well when the test begins with unscientifical ethnicity background classifications…)
(Test completed. A couple of questions I answered them semi-random as took the test on the phone and couldn’t bother to check the exact meaning of some words)

Primary Playstyle: Mission runner / miner (main)
Preferred Region: The Forge, Amarr, Tash-Murkton
Secondary Playstyles: Miner / mission runner (alt)
Extraversion: 13% - very low
Agreeableness: 54% - about average
Conscientiousness: 45% - about average
Neuroticism: 61% - high
Openness: 91% - extremely high

Nothing shocking here, i might have scored a bit lower than usual in extraversion but all other traits fit in place.

Oh jeeze … you gotta be kidding.

His·pan·ic
hiˈspanik/
adjective: Hispanic

1. relating to Spain or to Spanish-speaking countries, especially those of Latin America.
  2. relating to Spanish-speaking people or their culture, especially in the US.

noun: Hispanic; plural noun: Hispanics

1. a Spanish-speaking person living in the US, especially one of Latin American descent.
1 Like

Lol, you’re confused, aren’t you? “Hispanic” is not a ethnicity in Europe or most of the Americas, and I bet it’s not in Asia.

“Hispanic” it’s a word defining ethinicity only in the USA. And as a Spaniard, it’s kinda amusing to see it used with any pretense of scientific rigorousness.

I am hispanic, because I speak Spanish, live in Spain and my culture is from Spain. But I am not “hispanic” in the USA since I don’t look at all Latin-American. My physical appearance tells I’m from the Mediterranean with a hint from the Balkans (probably my far, far, far ancestors were Vandals, not Iberian or Goths).

As i said, it’s amusing but “hispanic” is not an ethnicity outside of the USA.

3 Likes

No I’m not confused. But it sounds like you’re saying the Dictionary is wrong.

According to Wikipedia:

The words Spain, Spanish, and Spaniard are of the same etymology as Hispanus, ultimately. Hispanus was the Latin name given to a person from Hispania during Roman rule.

Hispania was the name of the Iberian Peninsula/Iberia from the 3rd century BC to the 8th AD, both as a Roman Empire province and immediately thereafter as a Visigothic kingdom, 5th–8th century.

Hispano-Roman is used to refer to the culture and people of Hispania.

Hispanic is used to refer to modern Spain, to the Spanish language, and to the Spanish-speaking nations of the world and particularly the Americas.

Spanish is used to refer to the people, nationality, culture, language and other things of Spain.

Spaniard is used to refer to the people of Spain.

Organizations in the United States use the term as a broad catchall to refer to persons with a historical and cultural relationship with Spain, regardless of race and ethnicity.

The U.S. Census Bureau defines the ethnonym Hispanic or Latino to refer to “a person of Cuban, Mexican, Puerto Rican, South or Central American, or other Spanish culture or origin regardless of race” and states that Hispanics or Latinos can be of any race, any ancestry, any ethnicity. Generically, this limits the definition of Hispanic or Latino to people from the Caribbean, Central and South America, or other Hispanic (Spanish or Portuguese) culture or origin, regardless of race.

2 Likes