Photon UI - Now in Beta (Opt-Out)

still these horrible fat header bars, unusable as it is.

please don’t force me to use the new UI

7 Likes

In my opinion borders needs to be much smaller, but everwise i like it!

1 Like

Hi there, today is 10-11-2022, I’ve noticed today after downtime there has been another update to the photon ui, most of it is bearable but I’ve noticed one HUGE, egregious sin that someone keeps doing/it keeps having to be fixed but whoever is working on the photon ui can you PLEASE ask them to STOP moving important buttons. I went to go shoot a few rats and noticed the “loot all” / loot button on the inventory window is now completely on the opposite side for NO reason. and it’s even further away from the player than before. That button is BURNED into people’s minds where it should be. PLEASE move this button back and ask whoever is doing the updates to quit randomly moving important buttons that should not be moved randomly… especially if whomever is doing this does not play eve. or realize just how annoying this is.

4 Likes

the fonts are still too big and it’s still only designed for 4k monitors, no matter how hard you want to berate people. This is the feedback thread, what are you the feedback thread police?

3 Likes

Terrible, I feel like im playing a cartoon game now

4 Likes

yes please +1

3 Likes

PLS BRING BACK CLOSE BUTTON IN TOP RIGHT OF PANELS. also i think starting photon ui with all the windows in compact mode would be a big help to new user, ESPECIALLY the overview panel and maybe inventory panel. I wouldve hated the ui if that option wasnt available but sleeking it up a little bit helped. With the massive amount of information you need on your screen in eve its hard to fit everything while still keeping your game looking nice and not cluttered. with photon ui i feel like some texts are bigger, or take up more space, causing them to fade out shorter than on stock ui, this is mainly an issue in the chat panel.

1 Like

This is really bad, It is most certainly not clearer. It looks ok but over all I prefer the old ui. I had my screen set up just the way I liked it and now I have to change everything and what I used to have still doesn’t fit on my screen

1 Like

Gday men, this UI sucks, please don’t change what is not broken.
I have my multiple screens and accounts set up and now I need to jiggle everything around and its not the same.
I don’t need RGB lights on every chat box.
The fading away text is hurting my 50 year old eyes.
ALT E for locations is gone.
I don’t want the excessive borders around everything like drones suck, its eating up my real estate.
So screwing up the UI and no meaningful improvements is the new meta ?
Can’t search for 1dq in the system search window.
I have been on coms with 300 dudes now and we all sat and tried to change the ui back to how it was.
Don’t fix whats not broken.
CCP THIS IS NOT A FEATURE ANDI AND MANY OTHERS DONT WANT IT!
Yes, I could get used to it, I could get used to an enema, BUT I don’t want to!
Please change it back!
Indy
oi

9 Likes

I just cannot understand why you didn’t submit this to UX user testing before investing so much time and money on this… and if you did, who in the world you interviewed? I don’t think players for sure…

unworkable new sizing on the overview. simply awful. already rolled back - at least I thank you for this option

1 Like

OK beware, I am going to do a lot of screen shots and going to embed a lot of text with the major problems with the Photooooon UI (named after a Cartoon type of graphics)

Yes there are screen real-estate issues, some things are small and some things are HUGE

I am sorry but it aint finished yet… a long ways from being finished.

The People ( we the paying customers ) need access to the GUI parameters, so we can tweak the Photooon UI for you…

OK this it for the moment

Dont lie it looks like a mobile game and if you think that way sorry to say it nice to see CCP doing updates like this

I never come here to comment on anything, but that was the worst eye cancer I’ve been exposed to in gaming since the 90s. Definitely worth unsubscribing over.

2 Likes

Almost everyone in this thread thinks the Photon UI looks like a mobile game…

2 Likes

HAhahAHhaahah I felt the pain behind this reply! XD But I totally agree.

1 Like

Yes please. Just like the map, let us choose if we want to use classic or new version.

1 Like

First off most of the eve player basically hate changes but that life you go buy a new tv a new mobile phone a new game consoles but when eve put new elements in to there 3D engine then you hate it that why you lot killed the idea of walking in the station

1 Like

Hello paragon, please tell us why you actived the photon Ui without asking our permission ?

5 Likes

I’ve seen plenty of postive feedback about VERY limited elements of the photon UI (the interface colours/background being more clearly readable on than the old UI, for one thing, but that’s tinged by the “light mode” setting not seeming to actually work in photon). The problem isn’t “change” it’s “change without good reason” that people don’t like. Photon is removing accessibility and functionality from the existing UI, and in my experience, is running slow than the old UI did in some areas while not providing full functionality of the previous UI. Some useful tools have been removed from a sensible place and put into a new place, when they could have been added to the new place WITHOUT being removed from where the existing UI has them.

The design looks more like it’s intended for a mobile app than PC, and that’s actively harmful to user experience. Reverting the change to it being “opt out” is sensible until the literally harmful to the user experience problems have been addressed. There’s been feedback covering these issues consistently since the UI was made available, and the problems haven’t been fixed. It’s not ready, and until it’s got those issues addressed, it WON’T be ready for beta and an “opt out” position in the game.

1. It needs to be rolled back to alpha/opt in.
  2. When/if it comes back to beta/opt out, it needs to actually be ready for launch.
  3. ideally, there should be a permanent “classic mode” UI which lets users revert to the old UI permanently, even after the photon UI becaomes the standard.
3 Likes