Photon UI - TQ Feedback Thread

This UI worked OK for me. I am doing a lot of extra keystrokes when using the personal assets window. If I use the drop down to select region it resets to all items every time I go through a gate or enter a station or set a destination. As a result, I am reclicking the drop down again and again just to stay on my original choice. Fixing this would really be an improvement and appreciated.
On the old UI, the selection would remain until a new selection was made.

1 Like

In the “Pick Subsystems” window, the scrollbar appears on top of the “Show Info” icons which makes it difficult to click those.

Resizing the window doesn’t help because the “Show Info” icons are aligned to the right of the container.

This happens when hovering the window with the mouse:

1 Like

For the most part, i’m fine with the photon ui.
However, i feel like there is still a lot of work to do, for example on the size and position of some object i can interact with
last thing i wanna say is that once i get podded once i see the animation every time i dock in a structure till i restart the game, like me dieing again, but i’m not sure if that is a common problem

I’ve been using the new interface for a couple of weeks. Returning to the old one, I breathed a sigh of relief.

I fund one plus of new interface I’m able to make local chat winnows very narrow.

On saved locations new UI add a header - it is big and unnecessary.

And I went back to old one.

I like the new UI. It has some issues but overall I’m pleased with it. Much better than the old clunky one.
Thank you.

Just noticed that with the new Photon UI when I compose a new mail, the “subject” field is partially obscured. No amount of trying to resize the composition window will change this.

Otherwise, quite like the new UI. Hope you will add more colour schemes to the list. Triglavian and EDENCOM would be nice.

All the windows (people and places, character sheet, mail, industry, assets, wallet, etc) should have the same type of design (with the highly transparent border on all sides) as the Project Discovery window:

Project Discovery seems to be the only one with this design approach, and it’s the best-looking one. Why such inconsistency in window aesthetics anyway?

Attempted to apply to a corporation. No amount of resizing the window was I able to make the Application Text box viewable. Had to type out my message slowly making sure I spelled everything correctly, without seeing it.

When I have the graphics set to performance, the windows are no longer transparent. This definitely makes things more difficult using the smaller screens.

Another issue is the route indicator isn’t as distinct color-wise as the old UI. It is hard to tell the difference between a 0.4 and a 0.5 system.

What is the purpose of this grey/blueish overlay filter? The colors on the old UI are nice and saturated, the same color scheme on the Photon UI is dimmed/greyish.

Industry Window looks simply horrible, old UI has better color coding.

The top bar on the active window is unnecessary IMHO.

BTW. I do really hope that there will be an option to stick with old UI - not like what you have done when transitioning from the legacy colorful UI to the pseudo modern look of what we have today.

Overall, I like the idea, however:

• WAY too much wasted space. All the margins/borders/etc need to be trimmed WAY down.
  • I prefer the smaller text and icons of the older system, please give me the option to reduce the size of those (I already have the UI size reduction at max)
  • Some elements are aggressively, almost painfully bright. I need an option to turn that down a bit.
1 Like

When simulating a ship, low slot modules get on top of the Simulation History.

Been using Photon for a few weeks now and honestly not a fan, scaling doesn’t seem right. the overlap between quantity and cost in a sell window is very bad, it is much harder to read text, and see what is on the overview. I give it 2/10 stars.

The info title on things is too big

Lowsec systems in auto-plot is not orange enough. Looks very much like a 0.5 system
Feedback 2

Why does a channel show me its population twice?
Feedback 3

1 Like

I have no issues with this new UI, just a suggestion,

On the char screen I would love to see a Que time added for my toons helping me decide if i need to log into them that day. I know it show current skill training but that’s not the same. I do know i can hover over the + sign but i would like to see it without doing that =)

One more.

The modify order window is broken. The buttons sit on top of the broker fee.

Market Feedback

Here’s a third one. Can we please fix the dangling letter and maybe show the full item name?
Items Feedback

Edit: Also, can we please have commas added to the calculator?

Online Only button is broken, besides that not much problems with it