Photon UI - TQ Feedback Thread

The new Proton UI look pretty good. I look it that the fonts appear to be of a better readable kind. UI styling is modern. Even the change of the UI theme based on the ship I’m flying is awesome-ish.
The new ‘tab-pane’ look of some windows like ‘Personal Assets’ and ‘Wallet’ is pretty neat.

Most has been said by others already, but some drawbacks:

• When in a POD, the UI theme becomes a bit to dark to read
  • What’s with the humungous buttons on the windows? Large font for the button labels?
  • Also the Window header title font is huge compared the font used inside the window, for instance the local or bookmark window

okay so first thoughts on new photon ui.
ship speed text in the hud is more blurry.
the chat channels recall box looks cleaner, more clearly defined.
the chat box itself looks fresher and more pronounced.
seems like column and row dividers are just wasting a lot of space.
the blue light at the top of active windows and yellow at inactive window doesnt really do much really, same thing with tabs.
agency menu looks the same.
map looks the same.

Overall it just makes the boxes across various windows look cleaner and more defined like spacing paragraphs out in a document. however i feel like the spacing might be a tad too big. it makes things look more pronounced but viewing area is key especially in battles means you either need to minimize the windows which puts you at risk of missing a warning or shrink them down and lose vital information anyways

docking messages seem messed up. the one at the top looks too far right, the one above the hud feels too far left.

I have noticed that any minimized windows reopen after opening the map or solar system map. Is there a way to prevent this

On the Dscan where it shows the range in AU, whenever I log in or sometimes when I jump between systems the numbers go away like shown in the picture and you can only partly see the distance. If I change the range it then appears correct.

Brief look at the preview. Couldn’t resize market change window, OK/Cancel buttons covered lower portion of the UI.

the scroll up/down bar is halfway on top of the information icon for all items. very annoying and gets in the way

Switch the size of these buttons in the overview. We’re more likely to want to use the drop down for tabs than to create a new tab. Also, switch the order. Also, let us re-order the tabs. Not something easily done in Photon, but something doable in the old system

1 Like

Undocking is more important than boarding a corvette. switch the sizes and order. Also, switch the board my corvette and undock positions. When docked in a citadel, boarding your corvette should be clustered with the other activities (take control and view outside), and undocking should be separate and distinct.

In general the new UI looks good but could use a bit of work when it comes to functionality.

The 2 biggest issues are that a lot of space is wasted when compact mode is not used, way more than previously. Also the borders between items in your inventory and the edge are way to small so it is no longer possible to drag-select items from left to right without either dragging the item or border instead of selecting multiple items.

The new notification for messages in a chat is way better than the old one.

I also have an issue with compact mode on the ship inventory. whenever I change sessions it reverts to normal mode but still thinks it is in compact. I have to disable and then enable compact mode and move the border in order to get it back to compact mode and show more than 1 item without scrolling.

1 Like

So I was expecting that there will be improvment. I see only more hardware hungry buttons, Brightness setings doesnt work, Transparency settings doesnt work. On my laptop game looks even more dark and sad. I was expecting that finally game will have clear and readable GUI and looks like its going in other direction.

grafik

Fabulous. Photon UI is now sabotaging the existing UI with yet another glitch (after it already sabotaged the item icons). Great.

REDNES

I would like to see an all in one transparency slider for all windows since I like enabling light mode but it tends to be to light and transparent (when facing brighter objects like the sun or nebulas) and the darker mode is way too dark.

There is also an issue where the sliding/scroll bar on the right of certain windows lines up right on top of the “i” for information buttons where if I click the “i” for info it more times than not tends to click on the scroll bar instead of the “I” causing the window to scroll rather than to click on the “i” for information as intended.

There is also another issue I’m seeing when looking at my inventory when I click on the filters some of the filters and their respective checkboxes are a bit on top of one another. This is something I’ve seen on my Windows desktop but seems okay on my Mac.

Text and Save buttons covered by low slot layout when opening ship fitting window.

The chat windows are frustrating - too much space between lines, the furniture to control them are too large, so the chat windows themselves were too small. For a UI meant to give us more of a view of space, I had to make my windows too much bigger, covering up more of “space”.

And no borders around anything?!? That by itself was so disorienting I had to change back almost immediately. I couldn’t figure out where windows were or where to drag names into to report things in intel.

I really want to give you feedback about the Photon IU – so much people wrote a “wow such nice” BUT i am not agree with them - PLEASE make it happen that we can choose always between the Photon IU and the actual - because the only thing what is better in my view in the Photon one - that i am able to make the local chat away and in this case i save a little space on the screen. But the other 99% of the windows and/or Functions are smaller and better readable on the ACTUAL IU - i really dont wanna have the next eye exodus because somebody think it will be new - it will be better - that is really not the fact with bigger borders on windows, screens which hiding information and so on. I find the new photon iu really horrible for the fact that it is less functionable for 1080p screens.

1 Like

I am enjoying the new UI.

One element that has tripped me up is the “Board Corvette” button being larger than the Undock button. A couple of times I’ve hit the former by mistake. Maybe resize or color differently?

Thank you for creating something new.

1 Like

I actually quite like the style and appearance of the new photon UI. I do have some issues with it still. Some windows are still taking up more space then with the old UI, which can be annoying on smaller screens. Also, while it is quite nice that you can disable the light background on individual windows, i don’t see a way to put a dark background behind the Neocomm bar, which can mean it is quite difficult to see, without turning the screen to a darker area of the sky box, to be able to clearly see things.

Why do active windows have a weird snowy/static effect on them? It doesn’t look good and an option to disable that would be nice to have.

Compact mode is moving in the right direction and once every window that has an oversized header bar gets it Photon UI might be better than the current UI.

The inventory window could use a third option that shrinks the oversized header while still displaying the hangers/ships on the left side.

The character sheet is still badly designed. When the window functions better, and takes up significantly less screen space, after you dock it into another window to permanently hide a part of it then there’s a design flaw. A possible fix is to change how the hide/show button on the 3D character model works. I don’t need to see my character when I open that window, I need to see things like jump clone(s). I also don’t need over a third of a window being near useless or redundant information over a 3D character model.

On TQ with normal UI.

Imgur

On sisi with new photon UI.

Imgur

This is important.

The new option just opens your locations window, with all your locations all over new eden, the difference with the old/current UI is it lists only the locations in system.

This is very, very, very important.

I can not find, in the new UI, any window that lists only saved local (system) locations.

Please put that back in.

2 Likes

Playing Eve online in GPD Win Max - ingame resolution 1280x715 ( 8 inches, IPS, 1280х800, 189 PPI, DC-Dimming, sensor), all graphics to max, cant play with new ui - uses too much screen space.

1 Like