Pilot Helmets?

May seem like a pretty useless discussion but I dont understand why CCP has never added cool scifi helmets into this game? I mean, we have these cool armor or other pieces of fashion so why wouldnt they ever add in some cool helmets to go with it?

Now I know that the game isnt about fashion and its pretty meaningless but…more customization and cool options help me make my character stand out and more connected to it. Plus if they added helmets to the cash shop I am sure I wouldnt be the only person willing to buy them.

Idk just seems like a LARGE oversight by CCP?

8 Likes

Soon™

Mr Epeen :sunglasses:

… says the capsuleer with a helmet on.

10 Likes

You’re wearing one.

2 Likes

Read the title of the thread.

Maybe it’s not a helmet he’s got on. Maybe he’s a robot.

There are quite a few fashion items in the shop. I might’ve counted at least 20 items including skirts, pants, shirts, dresses, head pieces, shoes…
Granted, it’s not Giorgio Armani or Coco Chanel but I do like several items of what’s already for sale. And the prices aren’t so expensive either, ranging from 75 to 120 PLEX.
And then, why would I need one of those sci-fi helmets when I’m in my pod directly hooked up to the systems via hoses and plugins relayed to the ship’s systems?

3 Likes

Do you like any of those items? Let me know, I’ve got enough PLEX to gift you a few things if you like.

5 Likes

Buy him a pilot helmet.

…oh…

You can’t.

I still want cowboy hats. But yeah, don’t ask me about what’s going on with their skins and cosmetics. Some things are good, but then other things make me wonder about the talent of their artists. Some things (like color choices) might be due to lore reasons that I know nothing about, and some of it might come down to personal preference, but I’m still kind of befuddled at how players can make some jaw dropping skins while the professionals can… produce some inconsistent results. Don’t get me wrong, I definitely like some of their skins, and plenty are ok, but some make me wonder why they thought they were good enough to design for tens or hundreds of ships. A couple of examples that immediately spring to mind are chomodynamic candy and green demons.
No P2W

5 Likes

Much like Bethesda games and their modders, CCP people are just slogging through a nine to fiver while modders (or players, as you stated) are making things with passion. And that passion makes all the difference.

3 Likes

Lol yeah but this is the ONLY one in the entire game…There could be tons of cool designs added for each faction that are just headwear and can be combined with all the other outfits items currently in game.

Lol yeah but this is the ONLY one in the entire game…There could be tons of cool designs added for each faction that are just headwear and can be combined with all the other outfits items currently in game.

(Same reply as to the other one who made this same comment)

1 Like

Sure, I agree. CCP could come up with a whole range of headgear, from helmets to headphones. They did give berets and other stuff like that but I understand where you’re coming from.
I think right now CCP isn’t much concerned with such things. I’m not sure what they’re really concerned with but a look at their Packs and Deals may lead you to deduct that they’re more concerned with making dough than with anything that could fit on our heads.
Maybe if enough of us clamored for helmets they may take notice… Just take notice, now. Doesn’t mean they’d do anything at all.

CSM? Maybe they could pass the word along… Maybe, if they’re not too busy helping the groups that put them there and getting kickbacks.

4 Likes

Ooooo lowblow! I love iiiiît !

CSM… Yea, riiiiiiiiiight…

2 Likes

Obviously it isnt of any priority, which I did mention, but CCP does seem to be concerned about selling packs on the cash shop…so sell more cosmetics on the cash shop too (scifi helmets!!!)? Many other games have proven that cosmetics are a sure fire way to make BANK

2 Likes

You talk about helmets, they can’t even do this here

:thinking: :heart_eyes: :kissing_closed_eyes:

11 Likes

Or maybe he is something else entirely…

5 Likes

Very cool.

1 Like

That’s not a helmet, it’s a triangle.

1 Like

And that’s a Triglavian hairdo.

2 Likes