Play2earn "p2e"?

So if I switch to ganking for ISK as a full time job, when I file my tax return, am I going to have to declare “pirate” as my actual profession?

5 Likes

No. You write Environmental Services.
Clearing the miners from asteroid belts is a service to the galaxy.

I hope north korean convicts will find some enjoyment in eve

Or Ukrainian army conscripts. When Russia invades it will be interesting to see the effect on Eve botting.

As always worth repeating CCP’s morraly bankrupt attitude to botting.

Soe used to have this for eq2. I believe the pvp server with a real cash market place was vox. It was perhaps the least popular server. The player base just wouldn’t get behind rmt.

If they have to promise some real money for people to play game, then it is as good as dead corpse eaten by maggots, something may be vigorously moving there, but no amount of money will cover the fact that its dead…

1 Like

I guess football is dead.

I don’t play games for money, I already have a couple of income streams. I only play for entertainment, fun.
I hope those gaming companies remember what ‘fun’ means.

2 Likes

Can have fun and make money at the same time. People even bet on football games.

I don’t mix business and pleasure.

That’s on them.

2 Likes

Your morals are twisted then. There is no wrong in mixing business with pleasure and it shows when people exclaim how they love their jobs. I bet Tom Brady loves being a quarterback. Also, the illicit markets proves that players do mix business with pleasure.

I never said there was. I just don’t do it. I think I’m free enough to choose for myself.

Don’t see how that’s anything to do with me.

They can do whatever they want. Their actions don’t concern me.

Pleasure becomes all business very quickly once real money is involved.

And most people who say they “love” their job are being more metaphoric than actual. The truth of life is that in a great many cases you can do something you love or you can make a good living. Very very very rare to combine both. And even rarer for that to be a 40-50 year career.

1 Like

Well, when people believe in memetics like mixing business with pleasure is wrong that’s the outcome of that fruit.

You should absolute strive to have a job that you love. Wasting half of your life with an activity you hate is just a miserable existence.

But even more miserable is if you even turn your leisure activities like playing a fun game into a grindy job that sucks. And p2e will almost certainly reach completely new heights when it comes to miserable game experience.

4 Likes

People bet on everything, when someone bets, they are less interested in the outcome than gambling, they want emotion acompanying the risk they took when they bet money.

The game may be unplayable and horrible, but people can still bet on the outcome.

Gambling is wrong, prostitution is wrong, microtransactions are wrong, scams are wrong, many things are wrong, but people made you think they are good by repetitive narration, exploiting primitive urges, because what they want is your money, and reducing your negative emotional reaction towards them make you indulge in their filthy business model.

2 Likes

Are you guys talking about what I think you talking or is this still EVE? :thinking:

Eve Online retirement plans when?

1 Like

No one told me what was wrong or right. I judge it with my own eyes when I see it. You’re the one who has been programmed by repetitive narration and it shows. Scams are wrong though but gambling isn’t because it’s the gambler’s money. Money, regardless of what one says, is property. You have no right to tell another man what they may or may not do with their property and incidentally a lot that is wrong revolves around the telling of what others may or may not do with their property. Prostitution is wrong when people are doing it because they have no other opportunities for work and/or are being exploited but if there was a rich woman who had enough financial wealth to retire for 60 years and chooses to charge someone for sex and both were consenting, there was no wrong there. Microtransactions aren’t wrong considering people purchase them, but they are sleazy and overvalued often times. What separates a microtransaction from a player trade involving money is that whatever they were trading for was acquired by playing the game legally which took time and effort which means item generation was done through fair game play don’t go there about bots, don’t punish the majority good for the few bad. It’s much higher than releasing a skin and selling it for money. It’d be better to release skins into the game as drops or rewards and allow players to trade them either for in game currency or real world money. Just take like a 9% cut when it’s done for real world money. Basically, most wrongs come from lies. It’s why scams ARE bad. However, if a game developer announces they will have microtransactions and be p2w, they still get a player base who plays by their rules and still partake in the microtransactions and no one really cares except for salty entitled people that feel developers should revolve their development time around what they want. If it was so important, they’d go make the game themselves. Regardless, what CCP has been investigating into is totally different from what I have been pushing on here.

Also, the game wouldn’t become more of a miserable game experience due to player trades for real world currencies. It’d grow in number both with short term and long term players. The illicit markets where players trade for real cash have been existing alongside eve since its inception and you haven’t even noticed it but you all presume it’d kill the game when people have already been doing it. CCP is CONSTANTLY banning accounts and the farmers never leave because they make enough profit to withstand the bans. However, for buyers, that might be a quitting point.

But you have the right to tell me that my morals are “twisted” because I choose to exercise my right to choose whether I mix business with pleasure? To tell me what I may or may not do with my own being?

What right do you have to judge me so?