Player Bounties

I don’t read that garbage, it’s exaggerated over-confident blather with an obvious agenda, filled with random attempts to insult whoever she responds to.

2 Likes

Aiko, I quite understand that you’re more interested in image than reality. And you’re all angry and upset because a few posts of mine in the past couple weeks have made you look a bit ridiculous (although let’s be honest, it’s your posts making you look ridiculous, not my replies).

Still, if you think my position in this thread is about “taking the bounty system away from people”, you’re not only ridiculous but blind as well.

Stick to your knitting, grandma. You do better ganking at defenseless targets than you do debating.

Oh golly gee, hun, I wish I knew what you were talking about. I actually don’t, because you write long walls of text which are generally boring, aimed at some pedantic arguing about some irrelevant issue, based on assumptions and interspersed with emotional jabs at (apparently) everyone.

I just want to repeat this here, cuz I know my fans will be amused…

Literally? Historical Fact? Is this another exaggerated claim? What do you mean by “literally” demonstrated? That’s quite an emphasis, as if CCP did some kind of peer reviewed statistical analysis which was “literally” published on the front page of the New York Times. I think the real truth is the bounty system worked for some people, and you are a sourpuss loser, who wants to take it away just because it didn’t work for you.

Actually, I do cross stitch.

@EVERYONE - If they don’t have a killboard, they don’t know what they are talking about, and you can just ignore them!

2 Likes

By my math, I think you’re at around a -5.175, by now.

2 Likes

irl lol

This isn’t wholly true. They were abused by a subset of players, but not the entire population. The players with the most worthwhile bounties generally didn’t self-collect, and were shunned by the rest of the pirate/outlaw community if they did. We literally kicked people out of our corporations if they did it.

Though overall that original system was still very deficient, and the new, value-based system was much better.

my killboard is squeaky clean and should not be included in that @ Everyone comment above ^ about being ignored as we both know that comment is just some type of witch fairy tail.

It has been a long time since I flew in a little pirate corp of over aggressive newbies that were just out for fun, and I absolutely admit that I don’t have any empirical data to back up what I am going to say, but the old bounty system was fun. I loved that the top bounty holders were plastered on the concord billboards. It created a sense of drama and if bounties became large enough, it drove conflict, which is generally what EvE needs.

I think the only issue with the old system is that PvE players thought that they were punishing “bad people” by putting bounties on them, when in truth the bounties were a source of either extra isk for the “bad guys” or, better yet, a source of more content for the “bad guys” as it spawned more fights (PvE players sometimes don’t understand on an emotional level that PvP players like fighting, are generally ok with being killed, and anything that makes more fights for them is a good thing).

The current kill rights system does not generate fun, (at least not for me) where the old bounty system did.

I hope CCP can come up with something that replicates the fun of the old system.

3 Likes