Player Harassmemt, by bumping

No.

New players are either noobs or newbs, we don’t like the former and as a general rule try to help the latter.

4 Likes

The problem you seem to be referring to is losing a ship to gankers - I think I fixed that for me to a level I am satisfied with.
The problem I tried to adress is that I feel it’s strange it’s possible to be bumped for hours - but it seems the majority feels otherwise.

1 Like

i agree with both sides but i think hi sec bumping should be classafied as an act of agression and after say 5 bumps you get concorded. another thing i think should be changed is station campers there should be a 50 km safe barrier around high sec stations so if you attack you cant just instant dock

Use a scout and have an emergency cyno constantly in range of where you’re traveling. Problem solved.

Thanks I will keep that in mind if I ever switch to a JF.

No, when rookies ask for informations, they are helped, when they whine because “muh, insert any stupid reason”, they are spanked. Rookies are precious and deserve vets attention, when i kill a noob and if he ask polite questions, he gets reimbursed, gets counters fits to handle some situations and safety tips. Most of the time they remain silent or insult me because they can’t handle pixel loss. Do you want to help people that insult you?

8 Likes

In such a case I would just perform a safe logoff and wait 30 min or more then log back in and hopefully they have found a new target to annoy :wink:

You’re confirming CCP Ghost with this.

ok, i’ll watch it

Mevatla

Your “rookie supporting technique” will work ok with a small proportion of new players. And most children - they get used to this kind of behavior from adults.

Others will find the contact with you unpleasant. Getting the victim to participate in the process is a torturer’s technique:
“I have to do this unpleasant thing to you, but you can choose which side of your body I do it to.”

I kill people. Once they are dead, i can ignore them, mock them to get salt or help them understanding what happened. Whatever is, you’ll never stop me from killing people.

1 Like

Safe Logoff doesn’t work when targetlocked. But in this instance a logoff worked.

1 Like

You’re “moving the goalposts”.

I don’t care how you interact with targets who have the knowledge to recognize when they’re taking risks, and the techniques and equipment to deal with those risks in a way that suits them as players.

like undocking?

Rule n°1: You consent to PvP when you click “undock”

I can’t say I’m sorry our exchange collapsed so quickly /lol.

You’ve constructed a falsehood by slicing a tiny part from my post wildly out of context. I know it’s possible for a “goalpost shifter” to be unable to tell the difference between true and false, but I’m inclined to think you don’t have that failing.

“the victim”? “a torturer”? in an official pvp game where you loose pixels? i think you and the killed rookie give a too great importance to a kill or a bumping process. What happens to the same rookie when he plays monopoly with friends and looses ? i hope he doesn’t jump through the window because of “harassment”…

so tldr: bumping is allowed, pvp is allowed, people who want to play eve as a pvp game will try to counter what others do. People who want to have a safe pve game where they can safely mine or build things or rat should try other mmos

Is ISD really recommending that someone just log off? Can you not recommend better strategies to get of this situation?

I know that everyone is going to be capable of different things, but if your first and only bit of advice is to log off then that’s really pathetic. Why not be proactive and do something?

Also the bumper should have the target locked up. You can’t safelog while target locked, among other things.

1 Like

I’m moving the conversation wherever i want to, whenever i want to. Eve is simple, there are risk due to game mechanics, wether you like it or not. You can acknowledge those risks, act accordingly and minimise your losses, or you can ignore them and whine like a spineless maggot, begging CCPlease for changes.
The point of my behaviour is to help people to understand the harsh nature of the game. You are not obliged to be a murderer to survive but you need to understand that some people are here, somewhere, waiting for you to make a mistake, to kill you and take your belongings.

That tiny part is the central point of your post, if it’s irrelevant, the whole post is also irrelevant.
Does that make you irrelevant?

Mevatla

It always amazes me that people even consider making stuff up when the evidence is just a few screens away.

Here’s the sentence you reduced to four words: