Player Harassmemt, by bumping

So we’re in agreement that bumping isn’t harassment then?
Great.

3 Likes

That is the consensus. The last hold outs will never agree to anything, and are quibbling and calling people names at this point, out of anger and frustration.

Thread can be closed.

3 Likes

Noooo not yet!!

There is always a chance a new victim could find comfort in this thread by telling us their story!

EDIT: shpeelling.

4 Likes

You, you, and you again, everywhere on this forums. Posting give you a boost of self esteem, or is just a kind of compulsive disorder who push you into arguing over random stuff with random people on the internet?

More on this topic, if bumping was an issue hurting the goons snowflakes, it was long ago fixed. Like many other game mechanics who was fixed in their favor.

Like freighters wreck HP, buffed in a blink of the eye to an healthy cruiser hp, so that snowflake goons to stop dropping tears of frustration because of people messing with their fun. Is now more easy to kill an active tanked Tengu than a wreck…

Be a goon and CCP with jump asap to meet your demands and mop your tears. Be whatever any other player and any stupid game mechanics will stay in place as long their favorites enjoy them.
That’s all folks.

PS: At some point even CCP was ready to apply a fix, so a ship to go in warp anyway after two minutes or so of bumping.
I guess that the goons lobby made them change their mind as they cannot mess with their delicate and easily offended nature, ever… :roll_eyes:

What are we all lying about, again? I’ve lost track. You’re kind of hard to follow and a little incoherent at times.

2 Likes

Alternatively there may have been no practical or efficient method to implement such a timer without adversely affecting other mechanics, as is often the way when CCP try to fix stuff and the code dumps a crap on something that at first glance is entirely unrelated.

Many of your posts appear to be lies too; like the time you claimed to be a former economist, while displaying a distinct lack of knowledge about economics.

Physician, heal thyself.

1 Like

It would be interesting if bumping caused damage.

I would probably spend the first 3-4 days after that change was implemented watching the jita undock show.

Instead of gank catalysts we’d see gank mwd frigates.

FCs would have a new command: “FLEET, RAMMING SPEED!”

7 Likes

That would be best if damage caused both ships to get a suspect flag :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

3 Likes

Always provide a link making them deal with the emotions

And the 5 keys of controlling anger

1 Like

Farmer Jonah

I see you’re back as a stalker. Looking to improve your status again?

It seems you have the memory of a Paracanthurus though /lol.

1 Like

Bitches about people redefining words.

Redefines words.

A stalker is not someone who points out that you may be acting in a hypocritical manner or that your claims are dubious.

That would be a critic.

A stalker would be someone who follows you around constantly and invades your privacy, often surreptitiously.

4 Likes

Im always at a loss of how stupid other pvpers are in eve.

The pvers want more isk, or attention that has long been neglected for them in high sec.
the pvpers think the pvers are turing a pvp game into a pve game because of said buffs (even though it happens to null all the time)
The pvpers fail to realize those changes means more pvers in eve, which means more people to bully around in pvp

So pve buffers in high sec = more pvp = more pve?

#confused

ps. did you guys think that more pvers means more pvp for you? when will you use your brains.

On that note, eve is not a “pvp game” no where has ccp stated, its only for pvp.
Eve is a sandbox, which has been stated many times over the years (to many to count).

Get this “PvP Only” nonsense out of your heads.

Farmer Jonah (or would you prefer “Blue Tang”?)

It’s 2019 - you can’t seriously be suggesting the meaning of “stalker” hasn’t found its way into the online world yet?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cyberstalking
(I left off “cyber” since our relationship, such as it is, is limited to an online forum).

You can do better than this. You’re not just a bundle of reflexes like the little snowflake nor diminished by rage and spite like some of the others who chase me around. Yet here we are again /sigh.

That depends on your definition of PvP.

CCP have stated that Eve is a PvP game at its core, they’ve also said that pretty much everything you can do in Eve should be considered to be a form of PvP, because that’s the core of the game.

Taken from the new player FAQ

once you enter New Eden you must consider every action you take as a form
of PvP since this is the core game concept. In the asteroid field you’re competing with other pilots to obtain resources; you may also have to defend against ore thieves. On the market you battle for control of the economy in certain areas; for the supply and demand of your products versus other aspiring tycoons. On the battlefield you may fight for glory, for money, or for the right to rule whole areas of space. As always in EVE, it’s your choice.

Note that CCP consider activities such as resource gathering as PvP, not PvE.

2 Likes

2 can play that game.

Cyberstalking is the use of the Internet or other electronic means to stalk or harass an individual, group, or organization.[1] It may include false accusations, defamation, slander and libel. It may also include monitoring, identity theft, threats, vandalism, solicitation for sex, or gathering information that may be used to threaten, embarrass or harass.

Which of these activities am I guilty of?

Stalking? Nope
Harassment? Nope
False Accusations? Nope
Defamation? Nope
Slander? Nope
Libel? Nope

etc, etc.

Critic noun
(DISAPPROVING PERSON)

a person who expresses disagreement with something or disapproval of someone

On the other hand, guilty as charged.

3 Likes

Listen, let me make this easy on you and the people that think like you, and the idiots at ccp who dont get this.

Mmo’s (like eve) consists of around 85% Casual players, and around 15% Hardcore players.
Casual players consist of individuals that play less then 5 hours a week.
Hardcore players consist of individuals that play more then 5 hours a week.

These are how we define these terms in the industry (note: players tend to add skill application to this, however, generally we developers do not).

In any given mmo, around 46% of players will engage in pvp with none-hardcore loss systems.
In any given mmo, 54% of players will *not engage in pvp of any kind
around 0.8% of players in mmo gaming support hardloss systems (complete loss, like item drops, and hardcore life systems (one life)).

Thus, appealing to this “PvP only” aspect, is delusional from the sense of the health of the game, and a business sense.

and a person claiming that the wheel is square, is what we call “delusional”.

I dont care what ccp defines in its delusional states, because ccp has designers that are clueless and have no idea what they are doing. It was recognized the last greatest mind in eve left during the creation of foz-sov. Since there is no collective opinion any of the designers there from of note. They are simply just there.

More importantly to the point

PvE is PvE, it will always be PvE. You can try brand it as if its not, but if you are into being insane, do it. None the less, I will be here advocating for changes to the game away from the nonsense ccp does, because i actually care about the game, and the playerbase.

1 Like

I’m not disputing that, I’m well aware of player demographics in terms of time spent playing. I’m less than casual myself, my schedule doesn’t leave much time for gaming.

Thus, appealing to this “PvP only” aspect, is delusional from the sense of the health of the game, and a business sense.

If we were talking a product aiming to compete with the likes of WoW you’d be bang on with this statement; but we’re not.

Eve has never been aimed at the primary marketplace, it has always occupied a niche, by offering something different that appeals to a small subset of the overall market for MMO games. IMHO that’s one of the reasons that it’s still going, I don’t think CCP would exist as an entity today if they hadn’t decided to follow the example set by Ultima Online instead of following the trend

The overall MMO market itself is in a bit of a rut recently IIRC.

and a person claiming that the wheel is square, is what we call “delusional”.

I dont care what ccp defines in its delusional states, because ccp has designers that are clueless and have no idea what they are doing. It was recognized the last greatest mind in eve left during the creation of foz-sov. Since there is no collective opinion any of the designers there from of note. They are simply just there.

More importantly to the point

PvE is PvE, it will always be PvE. You can try brand it as if its not, but if you are into being insane, do it. None the less, I will be here advocating for changes to the game away from the nonsense ccp does, because i actually care about the game, and the playerbase.

I was addressing your statement that CCP had never stated that Eve was for PvP, that CCP consider pretty much everything to be PvP wasn’t the overall point I was making; that was a side note.

2 Likes

This is business, and game suicide. Population means money, and longevity of the game. CCP needs to negate from this position ASAP.

The industry evolves, and so to should game positions. With this claim we need to ask, what exactly is it that makes this game so niche? it may of started that way, but it could be argued that the industry was in its infancy at the time, so in many ways, most games were niche.

The only thing that makes eve unique is its large battle, and those are detrimental to the games health, and abusive to ccp as a company.

It insane to have the position “we title it niche, that is why its alive”. Games are alive because players are in them; Eve is dying because its losing its players. This game needs to adapt to industry standards to continue on. There is a reason why games have 10 year lifespans.

2019 is the first year since the early 2000’s that the industry has been in economic decline. Players are dropping out of gaming, the question is, for what. (i pointed this out last night on discord, who ever can figure this out, has the potential to make a billion easy).

Yes, i get that! The point i was making is that mining is pve, not pvp; just because ccp says its pvp is delusional, and inaccurate.

2 Likes