Player Harassmemt, by bumping

Because PVP is not the only group that is capable of fighting a holy war…and likes tell you that my opinion is not that exclusive some would whish and claim to be…

Well if you want to bring it down to likes…

I have a fuckton more than you, even in the short lifespan of your current alt.

3 Likes

I’m not bringing it down to likes…the likes are a symptom of a reality that some don’t want to see…

Friend, you wouldn’t know reality if it kicked you in the balls while singing das hokey cokey

3 Likes

THIS is part of your problem…you think you know it all…

I don’t know it all, what is obvious is that I do know more than you; though to be fair, so does my belly button fluff.

6 Likes

Must be hard to be that smart…

Not really, you set a really low standard.

3 Likes

The problem here is that you really seem to believe that…

Nope, the problem is that you seem to believe otherwise.

You’re way out of your league on these forums, most people here are generally well informed and capable of intelligent debate, you’re neither.

An xbox lobby is probably more your level.

2 Likes

and I thought evading a ban was frowned on by the powers that be…has that changed?

1 Like

Unfortunately, afaik, forum bans are usually done on a character level, not an account level.

Trial accounts, and now alpha accounts are an easy way to bypass either.

3 Likes

I have been playing Eve since 2003 and its always been a issue, it all depends on the actions, if someone has the 1-2 bumps its to be expected, however when its specific to certain individuals in the belt or sustained eg hours then yes its harassment, I used to mine but don’t often know, CCP do not care or cant be bothered to address it, I remember many years ago that in their TOS it actually stated something like this “continued harassment to people in game without the gain of profit is against the TOS”

I quoted this to them when I was subjected to continued bumping, everytime I logged on and this went on for over a week, nothing was done, so I stopped for a month, when I came back I found that the TOs had been amended :slight_smile:

There is no defense in HS, orca travels at 50m/s, Mach at around 1,200ms, its easy to do the math

What we really need to see is the killmail so we can credit these tears to the proper person :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

If he takes ship actions personally that is not an EVE issue. He needs to get back to “It’s only a game” and stop weeping on the forums.

2 Likes

Wrong, OP could easily make friends and have them bump the bumper.

Oh right, he wants to play solo and is ENTITLED to “win” even 10v1.

Those other 10 players, being gankers, are lesser humans and have no rights in game.

1 Like

If you’re using a mining foreman ship, clearly you have a mining fleet out. Either yours or a group of your friends. Because the only real reason to run an orca in hs alone is for the low yield high tank afk mining… which is certainly not against the rules, but definitely not something you’ll get any sympathy for.

If you have friends, or mining alts, get one in a webbing ship. Web your orca, and warp it to your safe point. Problem solved.

3 Likes

Nope, all they are realizing is the fked up war dec and it didn’t do squat.

You know why?

Because people who are afraid to undock are going to leave the game either way the first time they are ganked. If it is not war dec, it will be a gate camp, if it is not a gate camp, it will be suicide gank, if not that then a bump.

People who want to play a PvP game without PvP will not last and catering to them is a waste of dev time.

All they did was screw with their real customers.

5 Likes

Salt

You’re lost in the fog …

Nobody enters EVE expecting a pure PvE game, or expecting not to lose resources if they lose in combat.

What you’ve identified is some of the things about EVE that waste large amounts of new players’ time. The cost of losing combat isn’t ISK, it’s the time it takes to get the ISK. New players are at a huge disadvantage here.

No rational person will stay in a game that makes it inevitable that other players will force them into boring activities (one-sided combat, which isn’t at all fun for the victim), and thus cause them to waste large amounts if time (grinding for ISK to replace resources) to replace resources.

If they can’t get the short- and medium- "fun vs time balance to work, the intelligent choice for a sane person is to find a game that’s fun.

The situation you describe, powered by people like you, has been filtering out experienced PvP-combat gamers from EVE before they get a chance to set up properly as long as I’ve had EVE characters.

What’s left that would attract a PvP-combat gamer? Suck it up for a year or two, then maybe finish up high enough in the pecking order that it might be fun to play? That seems to be your message.

2 Likes

And there’s the fault in your argument. “IF they lose in combat”. They don’t want to be in combat. They know they’re going to lose their stuff in combat, which is why they don’t want to be in that situation in the first place.

Problem is, Eve isn’t a game where they might get into a fight. Eve is a game where they WILL get into a fight. When they realize that, that’s when they quit. They realize that fights are inevitable, and that’s not what they want to be doing. Which is fine, Eve is clearly not for everyone.

2 Likes

He proceeds to name non-consentual PVP, something that’s always been with us. So I guess no rational person ever stayed in EVE Online, huh? :avocado:

You are another one of these people who show up to a game after 15+ years and tell us that the game is never going to go anywhere unless we change blah blah blah. :thinking:

Try to step beck for a moment a realize how silly that is.

2 Likes