Player Harassmemt, by bumping

Thanks for the salt pile, I have enough for an industrial expansion… still can’t justify your rage can you… more please

btw: beta 3 here…

Why would I even be unhappy, I’m making good discussion points while your posts just troll and look dumber and dumber as you try to totally obviously bait people.

We’ve never seen bears try to bait us before :rofl:

1 Like

Classic deflection - still cant deal with it can you, lol

/pats head

1 Like

Maybe ten years ago. Not now. There are no naive online gamers.
Even when I first played it was easy to get information on EVE. It’s always been described as:

• A PvP game (not really accurate of course)
  • Ganker- and griefer-friendly
  • Very high startup threshold

The bittervet narrative requires pretending that the typical EVE beginner has never tried free-fire PvP. But it’s just part of the fog - only true for the deluded ghosts in the echo-chamber.

Beginners who come to EVE as experienced combat PvPers from other games quit because the startup process is very long and boring, and they can’t see a reasonable (i.e fun) path forward. Some stay anyway of course, but not enough

Note: this post has been edited to remove ambiguity. The words in italic text are added or changed.
The post by Solonius Rex a few posts below accurately quotes my original text.

Doing this will get you banned, just FYI.

1 Like

^^

Yep, CCP track biomassed characters with a negative sec status; unless you have a valid reason for doing it someone gets to swing the ban hammer.

I’ve biomassed a negative sec status alt to make room on an account for another one that I bought off the character bazaar. I think it took maybe 20 minutes for the e-mail to arrive warning me that I was violating the rules by biomassing to avoid the penalties of the sec status. Fortunately for me, I didn’t biomass the alt until after I had made the deal on the character bazaar, so I didn’t actually get banned.

https://forums-archive.eveonline.com/message/6698598/#post6698598

2 Likes

Bumping is an accepted mechanic. Every problem has a solution - you must find yours. Perhaps strength in numbers, a trap for the bumpers, a fleet of friends on close call ready to agress the “harassing bumpers” or any other number of options exist for you. Cheers and good luck, but remember - this isn’t your sandbox only, until you claim it and own it as yours.

Lei

2 Likes

Very accurate, actually.

Not friendly, just allowed.

Infact, its very hard for gankers and greifers to succeed, there are a lot of things that prevent them from doing so, and CCP has only nerfed the gankers way of life, continuously.

Again, no. And this is a common misconception that new players get into. They come from the WoW “Higher level means better” crowd, when in many cases, it doesnt.

Not sure what you mean by “Free-fire” PVP, but were talking about “unwanted” PVP. And thats the thing about something that is unwanted. People will try to avoid it, until it comes to them.

That sounds like an Oxymoron.

Someone whos experienced, isnt going to be worried about the startup process because theyre experienced, i.e. theyve played the game for long enough that whatever they do couldnt possibly be considered as a “Startup”.

Thing is, I consider myself mildly experienced, after playing for close to 6 years now, and yet ive made enough isk to be mildly happy about losing ships, even capitals.

Every game has a progression that many will find boring. Its called Grinding, and the problem is, a game without grind is a game without progression.

1 Like

Common sense and effort, that’s not “victim” enough for 2019.

Solonius

I get that you’re not being malicious, and I appreciate that your post is polite …
… but to engage directly I’d have to have to enter the “echo chamber” with you, and I don’t do that.

I’m assuming the last part of your post is due to your not picking up on the context of my post (it’s a reply, so my post has a past :slight_smile: Here’s the original - I’ll modify the original to remove the ambiguity.

This small chain of posts is about why beginners leave EVE. Then intent is to refute the bittervet narrative, which is (approximately):
… beginners leave because they’re weak-willed helpless little snowflakes who somehow stumbled into EVE online, found it far too tough for their sensitive souls, and left with their tails between their legs and a mental scar … but!!11! … according to the principle “what does not kill you makes you stronger” our little snowflake will be the better for their brief and unpleasant experience with all the “tough guys” here in EVE Online, whose intention all along was to help and instruct the snowflake and further their psychological development.

At this point in the story bittervets, their egos freshly buffed by reliving the lies, polish their tacky plastic fake halos - while any objective bystander is stunned into a “wait … what ???” state for too long to point out just how comprehensively crazy the narrative really is.

Back to your post: I think you assumed that the term “Experienced combat PvPers” was intended to refer to long(ish)-term EVE players. It means (and I originally thought the context made clear) “EVE beginners who are experienced combat PvPers from other games, and who decided to try EVE”.
I’ve edited the original, but noted that your quote is accurate (I doubt anybody actually reads such text, but I don’t want to make your honest post inaccurate by changing the past :slight_smile:

I’d expect (but of course cannot prove) that such people are a solid majority of new EVE players. They’re not the “little snowflakes” from the bittervet fantasy. But most of them won’t pay to be bored.

1 Like

but “experienced pvpers coming from other games” have to understood that eve pvp is different: eve pvp is not an instanced pvp game with equal numbers and mirror classes, where they suppose that only their own skill will count, and where they respawn again and again when they die, without losing anythg than your ego on forums.
Eve pvp is unfair, situational, a stone-paper-scissor type etc. where you loose your ship
And you know what? this is what makes eve unique
The fact that some people can bump you, or steal your mining drones, or gank you while you mine is what makes eve exciting, even when you are a miner.
Because, honestly, without the danger present in non-pvp activities, this game would be boring. Very boring. Mining safely for hours? ratting? in other mmos, pve often means doing some raids/instances with some challenge, and require cooperation between players. Eve ratting is totally repetitive, and if you know what you do and which ship and fit you need, you cannot fail. What makes these non-pvp activities exciting is the fact that you do them in a pvp/competitive setting, and that you risk something. Everywhere.
Love it or leave it. Many other mmos exist outside

Concerning the bumping problem, stop asking CCP to “do something”. This is a sandbox. Find a way to counter it. Some people have already given you some advices. You don’t listen.
This is a forum, which means that if you give your opinion and many people disagree, maybe you should change your mind.

3 Likes

Wyk

• My point is that EVE “drives away” a lot of gamers who would probably enjoy EVE along with those who probably wouldn’t
  • EVE players have a false narrative about this: one that suggests that all the people who choose not to stay would never have enjoyed EVE, and hence would have left sooner or later

Your post has interesting elements, but you’re still “part of the problem”.

And the sandbox appears to have failed.

1 Like

A piece of software that survived from 2003 to 2019 and you call that a failure? what do you want? immortality?

1 Like

Nope, those who leave were never in the right game in the first place.

The “herd” mentality trying to change everything into the same thing.

EVE is not like other games and is not supposed to be.

Yes, 15 years later still running, that’s failure.

Pathetic to watch people with pixel fear hope bad things will happen to the game just because they lost a little spaceship.

Talk about self centered and selfish!

1 Like

Interesting wording :slight_smile:

With an MMO, if they’re actively playing, players do indeed want the game to be immortal.

This is true at any given point in time while the game is active. If anything it’s more important for new players (especially when startup requires significant time and effort).

Even so the sandbox wouldn’t be a failure if CCP/PA were satisfied with EVE in its current form. But they’re not.

They want more income. And that means new paying customers (e.g. brand new players, returned vets, converting Alphas to Omegas), and perhaps getting more per player (e.g. charging RL money for PLEXing an account, microtransactions, charging RL money for “owning” space)

It’s only a piece of software that give you a emotional shock when you lose some pixels, don’t get too attached to it, you have your pets for that.

Are you ■■■■■■■ shitting me? The number of naive gamers out there is mind-bogglingly high. You run into them almost daily.

2 Likes

Nono. She doesn’t.

Think about it.

4 Likes

It’s like that saying about the sucker at the table, but about naivety. If you can’t spot the sucker at the table in the first 30 minutes, YOU are the sucker.

2 Likes

Slice and dice: take something just a little out of context and you have an instant straw man.

You’re “protecting” a false claim. With more false claims. /lol.