Player Housing alternative

If you are talking about SC…
yeah Ill wait for it come out as an actual game, if it ever does…and not the current scam, over priced vapor ware it currently is.

FOB
WH
Abyssal
DED space
anything

C’mon CCP do something everybody have some kind of Personal Housing only CCP doing nothing and losing time and subscribers … :frowning:

4 Likes

There it is. CCP up on this? No? Okay what else are you doing? We want it, you want it. Just those alliances in null don’t want it. They seam to be the true power in Eve. Well they are but community like. :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

What in the ■■■■ does a nullsec alliance have to do with player-owned housing?

It doesn’t change any part of gameplay. At all. Explain to me why you think that the goons are the reason a stupid idea like this isn’t implemented.

I think they’ve come from an mmo that’s played predominantly by 5 year olds. So they think they can make ■■■■ up and people will believe them.

Don’t think it should be instanced, but open to all to see. I’d be all for citadel skins, configurable-launchable ‘dummy’ ships to test weapons on, billboards, and a bunch of other things like that.

Different interior models/skins for different types of citadels would be nice, along with configurable lighting and special doo-dads and such. Would give different citadels a configurable ‘feel’ instead of the static (but great looking) interiors we have now.

But if we’re going to do that, we already have it. Just need to allow characters to anchor citadels. IIRC they’re adding citadel skins anyways.

You can literally do all of that, with a couple extra steps (eg fly a ship out, eject, then get your real ship and pew it). Other little crap, fine, anchor it like the new mini-structures within range of your citadel.

All this talk of CQ and no mention of the real reason it existed? It wasn’t to benefit EVE, along with the new character creation system it was a test and development project for the engine that CCP was going to use in their new fantasy MMO. Sure, they had a few vague ideas about doing something in EVE with it, but that wasn’t the primary goal. And once the other game was cancelled CQ no longer had any purpose and the dev costs of keeping it supported were not worth it.

Instanced space houses would have the exact same lack of purpose as CQ, and probably see the exact same lack of use. People would briefly poke at it to look at the pretty thing and then go back to ignoring it because it has no gameplay function. It would be a major investment of developer time on a feature hardly anyone would use, in a game that desperately needs work on much more important things.

1 Like

That would imply they were supporting it to begin with. After what I have to imagine was a very painful implementation, it always felt very much like the devs /backs away slowly from it.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.