Player Housing alternative

It’s funny. I guess it depends on your perspective.

To me, WIS was one of the newer features of the game. For a PvE player it was introduced long after the missions we run, the ORE ships, Scanning, and a whole host of other things that may have been iterated on, but many have not.

They didn’t even try. They took development from another game, tacked it on, tacked the store onto that, and never touched it again except to slide more microtransactions in.

They could have strengthened the bond between EVE and Dust by creating spaces for characters from both games to interact. They could have broadened the world by creating offices and NPCs we can actually see. I gotta tell you, I might have picked up a Fed Navy T-shirt from the concourse on my way to turn in a mission one day, even if I rarely used the feature on the regular.

EVE is, or is supposed to be, a social game. It could have benefited from social spaces and social features.

1 Like

Go hang out in Jita to find out how Eve players use social spaces.

Although that does make me hope that if we do have WIS, me and a group of buddies can jump people in dark corners and take their wallets…

By the time they reach that dark corner they will be pick pocketed dozens of times and their wallet access credentials stolen at least 5-6 times already. :wink:

So what you’re saying is there are 5-6 other targets for us to jump?! Sweet. I’m liking WIS more and more.

Just don’t forget those “targets” also have their alts / associates blending in to the background, waiting to help out their peers when they get into trouble. Can still be a fun tavern brawl but you have to keep in mind the rule of n+1. :wink:

Edit: Also this…

(check the entire post, the video is an important display of atmosphere :slight_smile: )

Hahah… not to mention concord bouncers spacing people when they start fights.

Ya really only can have that if it’s a one way trip with no way of accessin’ the market or givin’ others stuff or isk. No one’s gonna be bothered about ya bunch of rapunzels bein’ segregated away, locked up and forgotten, but ya really can’t have even the slightest access to the economy. You’d ■■■■■■■ wreck it.

+1 great idea: lock 'em away from the rest of the game

Yes, there is a need, development time is limited, this “playing house” business takes away from pew pew features which is what is important in EVE.

1 Like

Will I now be able from Pearl Abyss to buy exclusive access to some Wormhole and make her my own real estate?

3 Likes

Perhaps your own Abyssal pocket instead, like how triglavians create theirs capsuleers for the mere price of 2500 :credit_card: PLEX per month can form their own too. It will be called: My Little Pearl Space Pocket. (Purchase will also grant free cat ears to your avatar as a bonus.) :smirk_cat: :cat:

1 Like

:star_struck: :+1:

3 Likes

Good video about housing in MMO and how it can help and improve gametime.

3 Likes

I would like to see different docking pictures then we currently got they have got a bit boring… or even better if we could see all our ships which are docked at the station in the same picture…

1 Like

Its good too see ideas like this. Player habs are part of other MMO games. They vary in size, form, location and price. What seems too be falling by the wayside in new MMO space based games is a mandatory monthly sub. The competition is getting bigger day by day. Glad to see it happening.

3 Likes

You are going to get this feature. It’s going to be called EVE: Echoes.

personally, I would rather have WiS and the ability to open up my own storefront or Bar…

Be able to use a proper a war room in the corporate office,
A lounge in the Corp Office (public area)
a room for Recruiting in the Corp office…

Things of that nature…
rather than a Star Trek Online pseudo place in space… which for EvE would be stupid.

I want something other but I respect your wishes and ideas.
I think we both agree that Eve needs some sort of expansion of that kind. It is simply a commonly accepted standard today.

3 Likes

Perhaps it could be disconnected from online play completely. This could be the new login screen?

Would you believe me if I told there is a game in DEV right now that has walking in stations, in your ship and planet side in structures or out? There is even a ship that will have shops in it too.
While it is a ways off, the closer it gets, the more likely EvE will compete vs loose any market share.

4 Likes